It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Forced Recruitment?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2006 @ 09:21 AM
link   
With current pressures involving the middle east, i'm sure a war would be no surprise for any of us. Once the spark has been fully ignited (IMO), the was will esculate and the U.S, U.K and others will join the fight.

One thing I would like to know is the policy on forced recruiting. Does anyone actually think it will return if our armies are stretched to far in too many countries substaining casualties on a daily basis?

And if so, how long do you all think the training procedure will take before a soldier is ready to fight nowadays?

[edit on 14-7-2006 by Knights]

posted on Jul, 14 2006 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Forced requrutment is a breach of the Geneva convention, or something like that, its a breach of your human rights to be forced into something.

posted on Jul, 14 2006 @ 10:06 AM
link   
I was under the impression the Geneva convention was established in the 50's, yet after people have been forced to enroll. Think of the Vietnam war and even in the U.K a reserve was formed and if I think right many people had little or no choice?

posted on Jul, 14 2006 @ 10:47 AM
link   
Might not be the Geneva convention then, but it has been updated since the 50s, I am pretty sure forced requruitment is illegle in a so-called free country since it violates freedom.

posted on Jul, 14 2006 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Knights
One thing I would like to know is the policy on forced recruiting. Does anyone actually think it will return if our armies are stretched to far in too many countries substaining casualties on a daily basis?

Never heard of forced recruiting is that a UK saying? We call it the Draft and yes in times of emergency it can be brought back at Least here it can.

As for your comments on the Geneva convention the first Geneva was adopted in 1864 not around 1950 as you think. What happened then was a change took place there have been several since it was first written.

--------

Majestic 12 the Draft is not against the Geneva convention nor is not a breach of anyone's human rights. Many countries have compulsory military service where you have to serve a given number of years in the service.

posted on Jul, 14 2006 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Majestic 12
Might not be the Geneva convention then, but it has been updated since the 50s, I am pretty sure forced requruitment is illegle in a so-called free country since it violates freedom.

Not illegal at all, it is used all around the world.

You can read all about it here.

posted on Jul, 14 2006 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Well with the Bush Administration tied down in Iraq, there is not much the US can do, other than *GASP* ...diplomacy.
This frees up the players to no longer fear US repercussions as they all know the hands of America are tied up in Iraq.

The current troops are being used up and exhausted and short of implimenting a draft, there is not much the Bush Administration can do.

Perhaps all this would not have happened if the US army was not in Iraq, this was a situation being taken advantage of with there being no better time to strike back and have a fighting chance without US repercussions.

posted on Jul, 14 2006 @ 11:08 AM
link   
A country that uses the draft is not a free country.

posted on Jul, 14 2006 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Toadmund
Well with the Bush Administration tied down in Iraq, there is not much the US can do, other than *GASP* ...diplomacy.
This frees up the players to no longer fear US repercussions as they all know the hands of America are tied up in Iraq.

The current troops are being used up and exhausted and short of implimenting a draft, there is not much the Bush Administration can do.

Perhaps all this would not have happened if the US army was not in Iraq, this was a situation being taken advantage of with there being no better time to strike back and have a fighting chance without US repercussions.

So if a major attack from several countries was launched at Israel do you think that diplomacy woulld be implemented? Or an extremely weak presence fighting/ assisting Israel?

If i'm not mistaken the U.S has declared it will support Israel if attacked and I presume this does not mean via diplomacy.

In my eyes the U.S wants a foothold in the Middle East and what a better foothold than Israel, I somehow can't see them giving up Israel so easily.

As for recruiting, well I can't see thie draft being enforced from the start, but providing on how the whole situation develops would anyone think it would be a possibility?

posted on Jul, 14 2006 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Toadmund

Once again someone makes the common misconception that we are exhausting and overextending our reserves and active duty personnel. This is not the case if you know the structure of our military, which is built to fight a MAJOR two front war anywhere in the world at any time. With the continued rotation of troops, they have time to rest in between tours.

Total Personnel on Active Duty- 1.4 Million
US Military- Personnel in Each Service(Active Only)

Army Reserve- 246,000
US Army Reserve- Personnel

There are 40,000 reserve Marines.
Marine Corps Reserve

Air Force- 74,000 Trained Reservists
US Air Force Reserve

Navy; Appx. 80,000 Reserves
Navy Reserve

top topics

join