It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

what was your first concert?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2006 @ 11:54 PM
link   
Judas Priest at the Reunion Arena in Dallas; 1981

I smoked some tea that I bought off a dude that tasted wierd. As in wrong. About 15 minutes later, I started turning into a bear, in response to one of K.K. Downing's guitar solos. It was like a part of me was merging with his guitar, in a mystic communion of unspoken ursine life-force.

Seriously.

I was eventually released into the custody of my older brother, on condition that we both promised not to drive home.

Like someone said, that was a period of time when the police didn't ask a lot of questions; "serve and protect" had a different connotation back then.

posted on Jul, 20 2006 @ 01:31 AM
link   
Acappella.

I was 7.

posted on Jul, 20 2006 @ 01:43 AM
link   
lol dr, lovely

I am embarrassed also to reveal my first concert was janet jackson when I was 15
back when her music was ummmm ... 'ok'

because I can't stand her now

posted on Jul, 20 2006 @ 04:34 AM
link   
East 17 when I was 10 or 11. All I remember is that they entered the stage from the ceiling in khaki gear to the sound of copter blades. It was coool!!

posted on Jul, 20 2006 @ 04:37 AM
link   
I saw Santana a couple of years ago...Terrific concert! Great Music! Awesome guitar!

Here is his Website

posted on Jul, 20 2006 @ 04:59 AM
link   
The Who, in Cleveland, 1989, during one of their numerous final tour tours. It was still a great concert in the behemoth old Cleveland Stadium.

posted on Jul, 21 2006 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Well..I like this topic! I went to see a band called UFO. Michael Schenker from the Scorpions had left the Scorps to start this band. It was 1978 at Hara Arena in Dayton,Oh. ( I've seen MANY great shows there! ) My friends and I showed up very early and were up against the barracade. There was an opening band that I had never heard of called AC/DC. They were supporting their new live album, " If you want blood...You've got it ". This was with Bon Scott singing. I was thirteen.
AC/DC blew me away...they were young and hungry.Despite the fact that AC/DC ( in my opinion ),later became kind of a predictable characature of itself,they were great. They were loud,bold,and full of energy...or full of SOMETHING...
UFO was technically good but boring. I forgot all about UFO as I started buying every AC/DC album I could find. In those days,you could openly smoke pot before the show while the house lights were still on. If you were reasonably discreet,the security staff would turn a blind eye.AHHHHH,those were the days! Thanx for this thread...it was fun.
Cosmo Dag

posted on Jul, 21 2006 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Violent Femmes, Valparaiso University. I was 13. They played for a couple of hours, great show. They even brought a diggerydoo!

posted on Jul, 23 2006 @ 09:12 AM
link   
InMe

Supported by Elviss and Redefine @ Birmingham Academy II. UK.

It was alright and it was a year before inme released there album so there wasnt too much people there.

posted on Jul, 23 2006 @ 11:31 PM
link   
Blue Oyster Cult and Pat Travers at Pauley Pavillion, on campus at UCLA...... late 70s.

When BOC went into 'Godzilla' near the end of the show, the drummer came up out of the dark with the spotlight on this T-Rex head and shoulder thing, the stage exploded, and everybody in the crowd went nuts as the dinosaur roar shook the rafters. Whoa-ho Godzilla!

Those were the days.

[edit on 23-7-2006 by Icarus Rising]

posted on Jul, 23 2006 @ 11:35 PM
link   
My first concert I went to was Suzi Quatro, Festival Hall Melbourne Australia in early 1974. Don't laugh I can't help that I'm old.

posted on Jul, 23 2006 @ 11:53 PM
link   
My first would have been Kiss, OK City,OK, 1979 with my stepbrother. Been a Kiss fan since i first heard them at 7yrs old. My entire room was covered with Kiss trading cards, Dam that gum was awful. God we are showing our ages arent we. I still have all my albums too. They probably sound like crap today but oooh the memories.

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 12:03 AM
link   
I remember working like hell at my part time job to save up and buy Kiss Alive on vinyl.

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 02:36 PM
link   
I had demim jackets* with a big red "A" in the circle, and a "Kiss Army" on one shoulder.

I say "jackets" because as I got bigger, I removed the KISSarmy patch from one jacket and sewed it on the new jacket myself.

posted on Jul, 29 2006 @ 02:06 AM
link   
mine was a taproot concert, in i think in 2001, my dad won tickets on teh radio, and we got a meet and greet with the band in the rock and roll hall of fame.

posted on Aug, 1 2006 @ 02:12 PM
link   
I'm not as old as some of you, haha...My first concert was back in 2000, 6th grade, It was this Chili Cookoff festival up in DC and some of the bands that played were Cake, Chevelle, Jimmy eat world...BUT i've seen motley crue and Rolling stones, and by far the ROLLING STONES had the best show i've seen. I'm more into classic rock than anything and i'm actually going to the big Virgin festival thing in maryland where RedHotChiliPeppers and The Who are head lining the festival...should be awesome!!

posted on Aug, 1 2006 @ 06:02 PM
link   
First concert... at a high school (very high actually): Crowbar opened for April Wine on the "Just Like That" tour... Miles Goodwin (lead singer got in a fist fight with the bassist Jimmy Clench... I can't remember what year (it's all a blur back then)... a long, long time ago in a place called Parry Sound.

First "real" concert "Rock Show" was Lighthouse at the Sudbury Memorial Auditorium - Let's see... James Leroy opened (good tune: "You Look Good In Denim"). I was driving an orange Boss 302 with Lake pipes and a Holly 650 double-pumper, so maybe 70' or '72-ish. Took my older sister and her "hot" friend Roxy. HWY 69, Nobel to Sudbury in 53 minutes with a fuel stop in Pointe au Baril for premium leaded at 46 cents per Imperial gallon - rip-off - spark knock crap. I could get avaiation 113 "swish" from the Parry Sound fuel depot for 38 cent and the "Bossy Lady" didn't ping - great legs that girl. Teenage Lust tour... world's biggest rock and roll band (horn and strings and a percussion section, dijeery-doo, sitar plus all the normal R&R instruments... first time I'd heard a Moog live. They played "Pretty Lady" and young women were throwing unmentionables on the stage - including - ugh - my own elder sister - not cool by me, back-in-the-day, y'know (BITDYK). Normal human males don't want to see their sisters do such stuff or know - ugh, what "that" looks like.

The place smelled of - no, tell the truth - everybody in the audience was smokin' dope of every variety you can imagine as long as it was pot or hash - great white-striped Red Lebanese - BITDYK. The show was their "Best Ever" and declined every time after that to the point where they no longer turn my crank - airport lounge grade. They finished with a variety of solos by the various players and a Moog jam the likes of which have never been heard since... such a "rush" - it made me "see" things it was so overpowering - like a dog with his head out a car window on the highway - a "Memorex commercial" moment.

We stayed at my sister and brother-in-law's (jerk) ranch way out Paris street - at that time Sudbury had no vegetation - just acid/sulfur dioxide stained Canadian Shield - that's where the Apollo dudes did some training - God-forsaken terrain in God's country. Sudbury is much nicer now landscape and soil/water health wise... wooo flash back. BITDYK - Don't do drugs - it's mind-altering.

Thanx, great thread, neat to see in one's mind those things "forgotten" or "denied" for decades...

Victor K.

m'hatter: Suzi Quatro - Roxy Roller awesome...
Duze': K.D. Lang - such a voice - a real singer and wild back in the Queen St. W. scene (the Cameron House) in the early '80's - she sang Zep "Whole Lotta Love" really, really well.

[edit on 1-8-2006 by V Kaminski]

posted on Aug, 3 2006 @ 02:38 AM
link   
Wow! It's been so many moons ago that I had to stop and really think about it for a minute. I guess it would have been a group called The Peanut Butter Conspiracy
in Los Angeles in 1967 at my high school. I was sixteen. God I hate dating myself like this! It was a kick-ass concert though a short one -they were looking for a warm-up audience so they could practice for a big date they were doing the following week end. Here's the poster for the show they did later:

Best concert ever was The Eagles at the Forum in 1975 on their Hotel California tour. I've seen them twice again since then - great band.

God I'm old.

posted on Aug, 3 2006 @ 06:40 AM
link   
Haha, mine was just last September. Reel Big Fish with The Matches supporting.

Best show yet. I've been to about 12 since then

posted on Aug, 6 2006 @ 11:31 AM
link   
my first concert was....

Grateful Dead 1989 philadelphia at JFK stadium.. and it was the very last show for that venue.. A soon as the show was over they started putting up the tape and the next morning they tore down the stadium. great show though

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join