It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

what was your first concert?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2006 @ 01:11 AM
link   
when i was 13, i went to Ufest '96 with some friends of mine. i was in eight grade, and i remember the headliner, type o negative, decided not to play because the crowd was too rowdy (they were), and so the crowd decided to riot. tear gas and everything. that was a wild show, i just wish i'd been old enought to enjoy it.

posted on Jul, 14 2006 @ 08:47 AM
link   
mine was V2004 in Chelmsford. It was cool. Bit of Hope of The States, Kings Of Leon, Athlete, and the Divine Comedy doing a quality cover of No One Knows by QOTSA

posted on Jul, 14 2006 @ 10:43 AM
link   
My first concert that I remember was the Steve Miller Band with my mom.

My first concert without my mom chaperoning was 311 when I was 19.

posted on Jul, 14 2006 @ 10:46 AM
link   
..Deep Purple...Early 70's

posted on Jul, 14 2006 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Oh my. I'm almost kind of embarrassed to admit the first concert I went to was KD Lang, with my mother. That was over 20 years ago.
The band that opened for her, Spirit of the West was pretty good and still play small venues around the city. I go to see them about once a year.

posted on Jul, 14 2006 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Ah I think I beat you, my first gig (i.e. not a festival) was Goldie Lookin' Chain!

Welsh hip hop. What was I thinking???

posted on Jul, 14 2006 @ 01:16 PM
link   
ahhh the memories.

Cheap Trick and Fly By Night @ the York Fairgrounds (1980?)

Whatta show.

However, one of the best "concerts" I ever attended was a 6 band "Spring Fling".
KIX, Great Train Robbery, and ... hell, I forget the rest.

It was held in a Very large field on a farm. A crazy day had by all.

Halfway through the events some kids decided to steal the ambulance and proceeded to crash it several miles down the road.

What a fiasco that was.

... thoooose were the days ....

posted on Jul, 14 2006 @ 01:27 PM
link   
"Terrible Ted" Nugent 1978
Captiol Center outside of Washington DC (it has since been demolished)

Loudest thing I ever heard.
At least I think it was, I haven't heard quite as well, ever since.

posted on Jul, 14 2006 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Sweet God in Heaven I'm old.

My first concert, I was five and my parents took me and my sister to the 5th dimension concert at the universal ampitheatre...where's my prune juice.

First concert without any parental supervision, 7th grade Jefferson Starship.

First concert where if I posted what happened I'd probably get banned...Def Leopard Pyromania tour...Uriah Heep opening act.

Spiderj

posted on Jul, 14 2006 @ 03:04 PM
link   
The Beach Boys, back in 1976 when Brian Wilson had rejoined the band. The opening act was Billy Joel, promoting his then-new "Piano Man" album. Not too many people in the audience had heard of him!

That was quite a while ago...

Baack

posted on Jul, 14 2006 @ 03:08 PM
link   
BTO, Civic Arena in Pittsburgh. I think it was 1977.

posted on Jul, 14 2006 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by JIMC5499
BTO, Civic Arena in Pittsburgh. I think it was 1977.

Nice that you got to see them while they were still Bachman Turner Overdrive.

I saw them when they opened for Van Halen on the 5150 tour and they certainly kicked it hard live...I mean just a great live band, though by the time I saw them they were more like Bachman Turner Overweight, but hey they still rocked.

Spiderj

posted on Jul, 14 2006 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Mine was early 70's in Charlotte, NC, at the old coliseum. My sister took me to see Steppenwolf, merciful heavens, was I in hog heaven or what She then took me to the only Peachtree concert at the NASCAR track in R'ham....whatta sis she is

[edit on 14-7-2006 by CelticMist]

posted on Jul, 14 2006 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Please don't laugh...

It was 1987 and I was, like, 6. One of the guys in Full Force, all big, muscly, and jheri-curled, took off his pants on-stage to reveal a rhinestone g-string! My mom and my brother covered my eyes, but, boy-oh-boy, did I have a story for my 2nd grade class.

First unchaparoned concert: Maxwell in Philly. We had, like, 3rd row seats. Great show.

Fun thread.

posted on Jul, 14 2006 @ 09:51 PM
link   
My first concert was Rare Earth at the Universiy of Washington, 1973...

In reference to spacedoubt's comment on hearing loss, mine was definitely degraded at a Jethro Tull / Golden Earring concert at the Munich Olympic Stadium in 1975.

Come to think of it, Grace Slick was probably a contributing factor also.

Then there was that 3 years in the Field Artillery...

posted on Jul, 14 2006 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Better Than Ezra at the Music Farm in Charleston, SC. They played a cover of Beck's "Where it's At" and people went nuts.

-O

posted on Jul, 19 2006 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Never mind the prune juice, try crushed fresh ginger.

Alice Cooper - Welcome to My Nightmare, what a show. That was in the day everyone was on acid or shrooms. Two or three cops ignored all the drinking and clouds of pot smoke. lol - The days of personal liberty seem shrinking and almost gone. It's such a contrast between now and the seventies, I'd swear all the baby boomers gave up their bongs to become borg. Resistance is futile - you will be assimilated.

Bob Marley was a concert I'll never forget.

posted on Jul, 19 2006 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Ahh Garth Brooks on his '96 World Tour in Halifax, Nova Scotia.

Not a huge fan of country but Brooks is a musical genius!

posted on Jul, 19 2006 @ 08:54 PM
link   
My first concert was Donna Summer at Londons Royal Albert Hall.

That was before she became a Born Again Christian so I remember that show was pretty raunchy !

JM

posted on Jul, 19 2006 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Journey. Honolulu, Hi. with my older sister and her friends. That was '79 maybe '80ish. Not sure of the exact year, was along time ago. I still like Journey even if my tastes have expanded. Reminds me of a better time and my first time.... dancing. Dang, back in the day as they say.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join