It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

(DOC) Back Where We Belong.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2006 @ 10:20 PM
link   
Back Where We Belong.

"How much longer Eve"

"Not long now, passed jupiter moments ago, i'm nearly ready for us to enter real space."

"Good, this N space gives me a killer headache every time."

"Yeh, it's different for me, i always feel nauseous coming out of N but relaxed while were in."

"Dont suppose there have been any transmissions while i was napping, they should have picked up the vibrations from the ship a while ago."

"No nothing yet, remember it's been about two thousand years relative Earth time since we left."

"I know but the transmissions were supposed to be left on, just in case. I dont like the fact that were heading into unknown territory."

"You do realise how ridiculous that sounds considering were we've just been don't you."

"Yeh yeh, thats different, we left knowing we may never return, but here we are coming home and the fail safe's apparantly not working or turned off. Just makes me uneasy that's all."

"I know, how much could change in two thousand years do you think."

TIME PASSES

"Entering real space ....... now".

"Hell, i hate that, just the thought that for a small moment in time that i no longer exist still gives me the heeby jeeby's even after all the jumps we've done".

"Wow, there she is, beautiful".

"Home is where the heart is, hey love".

"Strange, the axis seems to have changed".

"What, how the hell can that happen, i bloody well knew something was wrong."

"It's nothing to freak out about, the computer picked it up straight away and made the neccessary adjustments. Just relax would you, you're such a worry wart".

"Sorry love, you know i prefer my feet on the ground. When i get my hands on those desk jockey's, look out."

"Okay, all set, we need to strap in for entry now".

"Good."

TIME PASSES

"Nice landing babe".

"Thanks, at least somethings gone right".

"Allright, lets get out of here Eve, i've got a date with a carton of beer and you know these jerks are going to have us in debrief for days".

"Coming, you go first, i'll just grab the data disks".

"Eve, where the hell have you put us down, we're in the middle of nowhere".

"The ship's computer should have put us down within five kilometres of base three beacon, somewhere north east of what used to be Baghdad in the old day's."

"Well look around love, this aint no desert, look's more like some botanical garden that hasn't been looked after for years."

"I dont know what could have happened, maybe the computer malfunctioned. Here, look at this would you, God i've wanted some real food after all that recycled crap we've been eating. I can't quite reach it, Adam, can you get this apple down for me love."

posted on Jul, 13 2006 @ 10:30 PM
link   
SWEET short !
did you write it ?
would make a great movie dude!

[edit on 13-7-2006 by imbalanced]

posted on Jul, 13 2006 @ 11:11 PM
link   
yeah all from my twisted mind. thanx.

posted on Jul, 14 2006 @ 03:20 AM
link   
Nice, loved the ending, very well done

posted on Jul, 14 2006 @ 09:05 AM
link   
Very good. Liked the idea, the concept of "before".

posted on Jul, 31 2006 @ 11:27 PM
link   
You're becoming quite a writer mojo
I really enjoyed this entry. Loved the casual dialogue and the past/future connection.

new topics

top topics

join