It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Favorite Martini recipes?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2006 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Although purists may argue that the classic American cocktail, the Martini, shouldn't be screwed around with, it's fun to improvise on the basic theme of spirits with an aparatif, shaken with ice until frosty cold.

So... what are y'all's favorite and/or recipes for a Martini?

Here's one of mine, which to the best of my knowledge I invented. Being a barbecue fanatic and Martini aficionado, I figured out how to combine my two tastes:

THE BARBECUE MARTINI
Start with a basic vodka Martini made as you like it; mine is 3 oz. premium vodka with a couple of dashes of a good dry vermouth, shaken with clean, clear ice until very cold and poured into a chilled cocktail glass. To that, add one drop Liquid Smoke (hickory, not mesquite, and only one drop) and two-to-three drops Tabasco brand Chipotle hot sauce. Garnish with a peeled garlic clove on a cocktail pick.

Sounds weird, but it's delicious! The liquid smoke, chipotle, and garlic combine to make a great smoky barbecue flavor, without coloring or clouding the drink too much.

Enjoy!
Baack

posted on Jul, 13 2006 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Sounds pretty good. I'd try it.

My favorite (yeah, I'm a purist) Beefeater gin on the rocks. Garnish with vermouth soaked olives stuffed with an almond or anchovy. The perfect before dinner cocktail. Or two.

new topics

join