It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Edit and Quote Buttons??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2006 @ 03:29 AM
link   
I am wondering if there is a way to change the font color or something on the edit or quote buttons.

I have been noticing recently that I have hit the quote button on accident and didnt realize it untill after I posted... Leading into a double post..

Anyway it would be cool of a change of color or something would change.

Thanks.

posted on Jul, 13 2006 @ 04:10 AM
link   
when you are typing your post write before the sentance and then at the end type /color] [ remember to put a [ in front of the last bit]

then your letters will look like THIS hope i explained this well enough for you

posted on Jul, 13 2006 @ 05:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by ronishia
when you are typing your post write before the sentance and then at the end type /color]

I think that this poster was referring to the buttons themselves.

Others have complained about the proximity of these buttons ever since the change was made.

Hope this helps to clarify.

Mechanic 32.

posted on Jul, 13 2006 @ 09:47 AM
link   
There is not much we can really do in reality is there?

If we edit the background colour or change the text of the two buttons, it will still cause this same problem.

If the buttons are separated and moved apart, people will become frustrated at having to move the mouse an extra inch or two.

Catch-22 I'm afraid.

posted on Jul, 13 2006 @ 10:02 AM
link   
I thought I would put this here because it is about the edit button, Anyway I hope I explain this right, okay first I make a thread and post it, but see a mistake or I want to add more. So I edit my post insert what I want and then view it, all looks good so I post it.
Only to find that the new edit is not there but the edit tag is the only thing added to the post.
I always save my post and edits on my computer, so I edit my post again by deleting the whole thing and pasting in what I have saved from my computer and I do not view it again just post it and it works. My point is this normal now because I had never had to do this before?

posted on Jul, 13 2006 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Sauron, this has been a problem for a while and has been discussed in several other threads (and it happens to me, too, when I forget about the bug). I'm sure it's on a list to be fixed, but I think there's probably just so much going on in ATS tech-land that it's not a high priority. That's an assumption, of course, but I have seen it discussed several times.

As regards the EDIT and QUOTE buttons, I guess we'll just have to read them to see which one we want.

[edit on 13-7-2006 by Benevolent Heretic]

posted on Jul, 13 2006 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
As regards the EDIT and QUOTE buttons, I guess we'll just have to read them to see which one we want.

So true, So true.

Sometimes the simplest solution is the best.

Mechanic 32.

posted on Jul, 13 2006 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Personally I have never had a problem with the quote or edit buttons, mainly because I don’t think I have ever pressed the quote button. I just copy and paste the part of a quote I want to respond to and manually write the BB code. So I think they are fine the way they are, like BH said, one says Edit the other Quote, its not rocket science.

posted on Jul, 13 2006 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by SimonGray
If we edit the background colour or change the text of the two buttons, it will still cause this same problem.

If you edit the color to say red or something, It would make people more aware of what they are going to hit.. refering to the edit button..

I guess I can deal with a few double posts.. I havent been posting much on here and this new layout is crazy.... I guess I need to get used to it, but in the thick of things you instinctly goto what you thought was the original thing..

Anyway thanks for the replies.

[edit on 7/13/2006 by ThichHeaded]

new topics

top topics

join