It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What if the fringe Scientists are Right?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2006 @ 11:14 PM
link   
There has been over the years a great many scientists, inventors and innovators that have come up with what appears at first glance to be some lunatic concept, a crazy unworkable notion, or whatever.

These people receive skorn and ridicule from their peers, threats of physical harm, and even have convienient "accidents"

Yet history is full of those same "lunatics" that have been proven right, unfortunately not before they suffered misfortune and went to the grave unproven.

We here in these conspiracy threads all believe the government, secret organizations and such are all out to deceive us. Yet it is also these organizations that want the status quo to remain the same, therefor are the main driving force to see these "lunatics" are kept silent.

Many in here want to believe in such things as Aliens, space ship drives, revolutionary scientific discoveries, yet time and time again I see the same ridicule of those "lunatics"

There are many ideas discussed in here like anti gravity, etc. There are many ideas out there that are truly crazy and usually can easily spotted as such. I don't want to get into WHICH is right, or wrong, or even hypothetically feasable.

My questions is WHAT IF THEY [or even ONE] ARE RIGHT?

I have more but I shall wait and see what develops

posted on Jul, 12 2006 @ 11:26 PM
link   
Not sure if this is the response you wanted but IMO advances in energy production whether it be fuel cells, real solar, geo thermal and wind energy, controlled fusion, stuff like that, is going to be the next great leap for mankind. I hope one of these type technologies has a breakthrough in my lifetime.

posted on Jul, 13 2006 @ 01:45 AM
link   
Well I suppose that depends how old you are

Just heard on the local news tonight Bigalow Aerospace had successful launch in Russia. And they showed his mission control here in Vegas
Hes making inflatable modules for hotels in space!!!

No Kidding Really and Truly They are hiring personal right now

posted on Jul, 13 2006 @ 01:48 AM
link   
Old enough but I meant the energy technologies. Those along with disease elimination and agricultural advances would be great.

posted on Jul, 13 2006 @ 10:04 AM
link   
The more "fringe" scientists that step forward, the more likely that one of them will break the plane of mainstream science acceptability and have their ideas incorporated into what we know now.

It's simple math. I don't have a count as to how many people they are compared to the rest of the scientific community, but it is only a matter of time.

Let's hope it happens in a field that can really make a difference and not just in something like ant-bacterial abatement...

posted on Jul, 13 2006 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by newtron25
Let's hope it happens in a field that can really make a difference and not just in something like ant-bacterial abatement...

I just hope they get their ideas on paper before they ummmm have accidents

posted on Jul, 23 2006 @ 07:07 PM
link   
i beleive that the "anti gravity technology and other technologies that fly in the face of "modern physics" are going to be accepted very soon. this is going to be PUBLIC knowledge very soon, and the MILITIARY and government already has this information and they are using it

first one large MENTAL block in getting people (who dismiss it as crazy, or impossible) to see how this is possible first you have to look at flaws in scientific thinking and then u can allow yourself to go into some critical thinking in the matter

anyone ever wonder if the model used to create scientific facts, is completely flawed

i mean u get an idea (theory) and because this idea can not YET be proved wrong (by the knowledge we had at the time it was challenged" ,it becomes a a fact.

i mean at what time to you declare it can't be proven wrong a year, two years, who determines this, and after it is declared a a scientific fact and can't be disproven later (after it is given fact status even if we learned we misunderstood some things which we used in the past as a basis to determine it was a fact),

it seems some scientific facts could just be thoeries that have yet to be disproven and these old mistaken facts could disprove new more credible theories that don't stand up to the false facts

and after it is considered a fact it can't be disproven again even if there is evidence against it because it couldn't be accurately proven in the first place (that is the best part)

DEFINITION OF
Scientific Law: This is a statement of fact meant to explain, in concise terms, an action or set of actions. It is generally accepted to be true and univseral, and can sometimes be expressed in terms of a single mathematical equation. Scientific laws are similar to mathematical postulates. They don’t really need any complex external proofs; they are accepted at face value based upon the fact that they have always been observed to be true

what if the knowlege we have now is more accurate and differs from that at the time the scientific law went into being. wouldn't that mean that the " it doesn't really need real proof its just always been observed to be true" line is almost silly

and the last few words could be better rephrased to say " perceived that way"

because observations are based on perceptons and perceptions change especially with advances in knowledge and also depending on the values of a society and to say somethng came into scientific law because it was always observed to be true or " perceived that way" at a time when the observations were limited by our own limited knowlege at the time seems almost absurd

the technology and ideas are there they are well known in some circles and there is no real benefit to those in power to have this become public knowledge. PERIOD

[edit on 23-7-2006 by cpdaman]

[edit on 23-7-2006 by cpdaman]

posted on Jul, 23 2006 @ 11:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by cpdaman
i beleive that the "anti gravity technology and other technologies that fly in the face of "modern physics" are going to be accepted very soon. this is going to be PUBLIC knowledge very soon, and the MILITIARY and government already has this information and they are using it

Waking up the people in here,[ save a few], seems a hopeless cause. The belivers in UFO's say it all the Aliens, man is to dumb to figure it out, the non believers are to busy debunking everything using outdated physics, man is to dumb to do better... Neither side wants to see proof that man can concieve and build this...even when you show them the damn patent and a flying model...

They don't matter, they gonna sit at the computer the rest of there lives anyway
. Its the Oil Thugs that matter...they hurt people

Do a google on JLN Labs... I have posts here in several threads
We also have posted several good links regarding such tech.

SCIENTIFIC LAWS

I like these ones, by Arthur C. Clarke

1. When a distinguished but elderly scientist states that something is possible, he is almost certainly right. When he states that something is impossible, he is very probably wrong.
2. The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible.
3. Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 02:45 AM
link   

Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.

And thats the way it has been going since the Gov. has been involved with the finding's of Tesla,Einstien,Brown,ect.........

You as well as me know that there is a following of these greats in our science's, we just have to keep th "Power's" that amy be out of the "Progressive and Assertive" way's of such technologies of the so called "Magicians" of the "Backyard's" Of life of wanting to create such new tech's.

As for the public's eye and the skeptic's, they have gotten to closely related word's all crossed "Illusion's" is the "magician" and "Dellusion's" are what the public (Skeptic's) use to scouff....

Good thread Zorgon, I will be E-ing you one day shortly here, still "LOOKING" if you get my drift.....

new topics

top topics

join