It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Libertarian party membership free?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2006 @ 05:52 PM
link   
I have been reading lately into the theory that America is on the brink of becoming a three party state, FOXNEWS mention the "third party threat" and so, i checked out the Libertarian Party website. Why is their membership fee free? as a UK citizen, majority (or nearly all) our parties have a fee to help fund the party. Any ideas why the Libertarian party isn't??

(note:THIS ISN'T RECURITING)

[edit on 12-7-2006 by infinite]

posted on Jul, 12 2006 @ 06:03 PM
link   
I think this should be in the Conservative forum rather than liberal, since Libertarians are generally accepted as more conservative than liberal.

But yes, I myself have very Libertarian leanings, but in our system it's going to really take a sea change for the Libertarians to be a serious threat to the Republicans since we tend to vote both with our minds as well as our hearts, i.e. we generally don't want to split our vote and give seats to the Dems on a silver platter.

posted on Jul, 13 2006 @ 07:31 PM
link   
It's easier to build a base if you're not charging a fee to join. Right now the Liberatarian party is'nt really a threat to the one party that rules the US. The Republicrats or Demacans or what every you'd like to call those in power now.

Rest assured if they ever come to power the membership requirements will change.

wupy

join