It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's going on in DC

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2006 @ 03:26 PM
link   
there's a crime emergency in DC??

Maybe I am making too much out of this, but I am finding one particular part a little disturbing...

Nation's Capital Declares Crime Emergency

" District of Columbia Police Chief Charles Ramsey declared a crime emergency in the city after Senitt, a volunteer for the potential presidential campaign of former Virginia Gov. Mark R. Warner, was killed."

umm......staging a crime wave, to cover the removal of the opposition??

sorry, but that's my first thought. Warner has what is needed to defeat Clinton in the primary and go on to the white house. and, I really think that the powers that be would really rather have it as a race between their selected cronies...like Clinton.

mod edit:
Quote Reference (review link)
Posting work written by others. **ALL MEMBERS READ** (review link)

[edit on 12-7-2006 by UK Wizard]

posted on Jul, 12 2006 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Seems like Cynthia McKinney and Patrick Kennedy have gone on a rampage...

But seriously, yes D.C. has always had a big crime problem. I was there just a few months ago and had no problem, but I stayed in a nice hotel in the city center and never wandered out of the touristy areas.

posted on Jul, 15 2006 @ 10:06 PM
link   
Its funny, but the crime started to skyrocket after DC banned guns. Of course it was always high.

posted on Jul, 15 2006 @ 11:24 PM
link   
It doesn't seem that many are connecting the dots regarding high crime and gun bans, but there are some.

CNSNews.com

In 2004, there was actually an effort to repeal the ban, but alas, it was not to be. One can only wonder how many lives might have been saved if criminals had good reason to fear armed citizens.

Google Search

Currently there are two bills in Congress addressing the DC gun ban: S. 1082 and H.R. 1288. You can call your U.S. Senators at (202) 224-3121, or your U.S. Representative at (202) 225-3121.

[edit on 2006/7/15 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Jul, 16 2006 @ 12:03 AM
link   
The problem is coming from criminal commuters who previously confined most of their activities to South East Washington and other high crime areas in nearby Maryland.

This new crisis as it is being called, comes from criminals veturing into the tourist centers and the more affluent neighborhoods like Georgetown.

posted on Jul, 16 2006 @ 12:27 AM
link   
Here is a statement from the DC Chief of Police, Charles H. Ramsey:

[...]

Declaring a crime emergency is only a short-term response. To have a real and lasting impact on crime, we need to come together as a city and tackle the tough issues at hand: education, families, poverty and the absolutely intolerable levels of crime in our African American communities. We need to stop talking, and start doing.

[...]

Why I Declared a Crime Emergency

Chief Ramsey is correct in his assessment, in my judgement. The problem goes beyond the mere mobility of the criminal element and has its roots in the most fundamental aspects of society. While I am not in agreement with all of Ramsey's ideas, he is at least on the right track by trying to engage the community-at-large.

[edit on 2006/7/16 by GradyPhilpott]

new topics

top topics

join