It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mice on Planes?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2006 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Hidden Camera Video Shows Mice On Airplane

It's the busy summer travel season and a lot of families have vacations planned. But before you fly, you should see the hidden camera video obtained by NewsChannel 5's I-Team.

The video was shot by a long-time employee at the overhaul base at Kansas City International Airport. The whistleblower did not want to be identified but did want to expose a hidden secret onboard a Boeing 767 passenger plane.

The whistle blower said, "We had to take the chairs off and that's when everybody saw mice running around on the floor and one ran down one of the mechanic's arm."

The whistle blower said workers found nests in air vents and dead mice in emergency oxygen masks. When mice would get hungry, they ate insulation and chewed through wires.

More...

Video Link

Now I have heard everything!!!

I wonder how common this is? Talk about a ridiculously dangerous situation....
...and the airlines is ignoring the problem... :shk:

posted on Jul, 12 2006 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Chewed thru wires, now that's scary.

No wonder some of these black boxes have nothing recorded? How many are controlling hydraulic lines?

Or flight control systems?

posted on Jul, 12 2006 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Ah, the truth comes out... The Snakes were released to control the mice population...

posted on Jul, 12 2006 @ 06:12 PM
link   
"Snakes on a Plane?

Mother *-snip-*!!!"

Samuel L. Jackson, 2006

mod edit: profanity

[edit on 7/22/2006 by Gools]

posted on Jul, 12 2006 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by psyopswatcher
Chewed thru wires, now that's scary.

No wonder some of these black boxes have nothing recorded? How many are controlling hydraulic lines?

Or flight control systems?

Well at least we can say what cause the no recording or barely recordable stuff on Flight 93's recorder...

This will be the new spin in a few weeks..... Just wait...

posted on Jul, 18 2006 @ 04:01 AM
link   
Well, mice - and roaches - have followed humanity on all its voyages since the beginning of time. They were an annoyance in horse-drawn carriages, they were (and still are) common stowaways on boats traveling the oceans, and they've made themselves at home on trains, trucks, and planes. Mice have even been found on the space shuttle!

Now, finding that MANY mice in one place... that's a different matter. Scary.

posted on Jul, 18 2006 @ 06:54 AM
link   
Get These *-snip-* Mice off this *-snip-* Plane!!!

mod edit: profanity

[edit on 7/22/2006 by Gools]

posted on Jul, 18 2006 @ 09:53 PM
link   
I heard about this on the radio the other day! I wonder if they could chew enough wires to bring a flight down. It does seem possible!

posted on Jul, 18 2006 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky
It does seem possible!

I agree...which makes it particularly egregious that it took a whistle-blower to alert folks about it.

What was the airlines thinking?????

posted on Jul, 18 2006 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Remind me not to fly American Airlines ever again. What kind of service are they offering to their passengers???

posted on Jul, 19 2006 @ 04:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by loamWhat was the airlines thinking?????

One could understand one or two or the little critters, but something of this magnitude, they had to be aware of the problem. But I guess those planes don't make money if they're not flying...

Remind me not to fly American Airlines ever again. What kind of service are they offering to their passengers???

Lots of peanut and cheesey snacks? Seriously, tho, a well-placed short circuit could cause an electrical fire and much worse.

I know this is highly unlikely, but hantavirus is spread via rodent droppings. And there is a whole slew of other respiratory problems cause by the same thing.

posted on Jul, 19 2006 @ 05:10 AM
link   
I could just imagine the commotion my mother would cause if she saw a mouse on a plane. Forget them chewing through wires, she'd bring the thing down herself!!

posted on Jul, 19 2006 @ 05:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by watch_the_rocks
I could just imagine the commotion my mother would cause if she saw a mouse on a plane. Forget them chewing through wires, she'd bring the thing down herself!!

thats a good point. So many people have such a fear of mice.

This is so shocking though -- i hate to think how many severed wires it would take to bring down a plane -- but part of me thinks perhaps just one -- and im not even including electrical fires in that.

posted on Jul, 19 2006 @ 08:51 AM
link   
On a more serious note (compared to my previous post) this seems to be an isolated incident on one airplane. Don't you think that if it were on all sorts of AA planes they would have been grounded, if not by AA itself then by the FAA and it would be all over the national news?

posted on Jul, 19 2006 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by ekul08
thats a good point. So many people have such a fear of mice.

This is so shocking though -- i hate to think how many severed wires it would take to bring down a plane -- but part of me thinks perhaps just one -- and im not even including electrical fires in that.

It would take a lot more than one wire. Most systems have at least one backup, or can actually be done without long enough to land the plane. Flight controls are cables that there is no way a mouse could eat through. It would take a lot for mice to bring down the plane.

As for the flight 93 comment, there WAS recording, the families listened to it. But the CVR only records 30 minutes or so before it records over itself.

new topics

top topics

join