It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tarot predictions?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2006 @ 08:51 AM
link   
Has anyone tried a Tarot read on the next major disaster?

Like doing a full layout like celtic cross style or other?

I would be curious if anyone could do this. And post the cards I could supply definition links.

posted on Jul, 12 2006 @ 08:56 AM
link   
I think you may need more than just tarot cards to see the next major disaster. I can read them somewhat, i can tell if the answer is yes or no. I can tell if something bad or good is about to come into play. But to put the cards together and correctly predict what it is? I cant do that. Maybe there are some who can do it- it would be interesting to see if anyone can do it.

Another set of cards that are incredible are Egyptian Cartouche cards. I had a set of those, but lost them. I've never heard of them again or seen them advertised either. Again, though, i could only get a feel for something good or unpleasant-nothing more.

posted on Jul, 12 2006 @ 09:03 AM
link   
ha ha ha

the day Mother Nature asks for a reading is the day I will do one...

he he
it cant be done. Absolutely not. You would have better insight relying on the spirit world. Some Tarot readers that put it out there on a global scale get lost in all the energy and negativity...

It cant be done on a global scale!
and I would be skeptical of anyone who predicts the future globally using tarot.
You dont really need the tarot anyway, it is just a tool.

posted on Jul, 29 2006 @ 04:18 AM
link   
I actually tried this several years ago, and the end conclusion was the earth in reverse, the world will have its ups and downs, but continue on. Actually was a very cool little reading from what I remember of it, the answer made me smile

posted on Jul, 30 2006 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
Another set of cards that are incredible are Egyptian Cartouche cards.

OMG!!! dg, you are the only person that I have run into that knows about these.
I had a very hot deck of these. They absolutely worked and they were VERY
accurate. I bought them back in 1980 at Lauri Cabot's Witch Shop in Salem Mass.

I also had the standard deck and that too worked extremely well. I could do my
cards and other peoples cards and I KNEW and could almost see what the cards
were saying. I kept my standard deck in a nice box with fuzzy lining and I treated
them like a Christian would treat a relic from Christ's life.

Then in the late 1980s I had a conversion of sorts and became strictly Catholic. I
buried the tarot cards and sprinkled holy water on them all the while denouncing
the occult and confessing my partaking in it and receiving absolution.

Why didn't I burn the cards or throw them away? You NEVER burn tarot cards. To
do so releases the spirits that move them and those spirits will go find another
home to reside in .. a HUMAN home most likely. You must bury them and let them
die naturally. That is what I was told by someone who worked against the occult.
I don't know if it's true or not, but I followed the instructions anyways.

[edit on 7/30/2006 by FlyersFan]

posted on Jul, 30 2006 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Flyersfan,

YOU are the only other person who knows about these

Arent they something??? I bought mine in the 80's and wore them out- when i went to buy more the place had gone out of business!!!!!
I miss them terribly.

If anyone out there wants REAL fortunes told, get these if they're still available!!!

Flyers, do you know where i can get the deck? I'm talking about the ankh, water, anibus, etc...

Small world!!!!!

posted on Jul, 30 2006 @ 03:42 PM
link   
dg the only place that I have seen those is at Laurie Cabots witch shop in Salem.
You are very close by. May I suggest that you take a Saturday afternoon (when
it gets cooler) and go on over to Salem? If you don't want to take the drive,
perhaps call information and get ahold of Laurie Cabot's shop in Salem and
call them. Hers is the most famous Witch Shop in Salem.

www.controverscial.com...

I have never seen the cards anywhere's else. And let me tell ya ... I don't
know if it's because I bought them at her shop or if it was 'me' or both ...
but they had a lot of juice... definately a 'hot' deck!!

One history on Egyptian Tarot -
www.spiritone.com...

Different Egyptian decks -
www.aeclectic.net...

Some wiccan decks -
www.broomcloset.com...
I now have the Fairy set. They are okay but not nearly as good as the
Egyptian set was.

I'm pretty sure Laurie Cabot's shop is called Crow Haven. I'd recommend buying
directly from her shop rather than some other person selling online. Go to her
shop, or go to the Broom Closet. I really think the fact that the cards are in the
store that they suck up energy or something. My deck was FANTASTIC!!

[edit on 7/30/2006 by FlyersFan]

posted on Jul, 30 2006 @ 07:05 PM
link   
Flyersfan,

I am going to call on Monday. I'll let you know what she has. Those are definatedly incredible!!!!!!!!!!
The regular Tarot encompasses so much...you can go nuts trying to figure it out.
But these....they're the best!!!!!

posted on Jul, 31 2006 @ 07:48 AM
link   
dg I agree with ya. I wish I hadn't gotten rid of them. I went through a
conversion period for about 15 years. Now I'm not so strict and more open
minded and wish I had kept them.

Do you believe in reincarnation? I know its against the Christian thought process
but I do believe God can do whatever He wants and I do think that it is possible
for Him to allow people to come back. I often wondered if I once (or twice ...)
lived in ancient Egypt. I LOVE learning about that time period ... visiting the
Met in NYC for the Egyptian exhibit ... etc I also wondered if my Egyptian
Tarot deck worked so well for me because I might have lived back in those days.

Do you believe that reincarnation is possible and do you think you might have
been in Egypt long ago? If so ... I will start to wonder if the Egyptian decks are
more 'potent' for those who lived there ....

see what I'm getting at??

posted on Jul, 31 2006 @ 07:33 PM
link   
interesting thread.

I've always looked at the Tarot (and other divinatory decks and similar methods-- e.g. casting runes, etc.) as a means of interfacing with the personal or collective subconscious, the realm of powerful Jungian archetypes capable of resonating with the most primal of human thoughts and emotions. Divination, according to my studies, is possible only if one is both truly faithful in one's means of divining and sufficiently well-versed in the medium (cards or what have you) to detect the patterns reflecting (and reflected by) the subconscious.

in other words (and in my opinion) the cards are a means of making the subconscious conscious, but this coalescence can only be recognized by one who knows the signs to look for.

the meaning is every bit as much in the reader as it is in the cards.

therefore, i feel that were one to attempt to predict the fate of the world-- in effect to read and extrapolate from the entirety of the collective unconscious-- would be a daunting task, one in which any reader would be hard pressed to divulge the nature of currents and patterns determined by six and a half billion minds with their disparate desires and goals.

anyway, this thread inspired me to perform such a reading (regardless of the aforementioned difficulty of such) with a few interesting results. i used a tree of life layout and came up with (amongst other things, of course) a King of Pentacles in Kether (no surprise there-- money rules everything), a reversed Lovers in Binah (communication obstructed through lack of unity or compassion for one another?), an Ace of Cups in Geburah (indicating perhaps that future events will have a significant part of their origin in some manner of ideological or religious conflict), a reversed Chariot in Tiphareth (the eventual abandonment of rule through might leading to some connection with our Divine nature, perhaps?), and a rather upsetting Devil in Malkuth (indicating that things around this old Material sphere won't be improving much any time soon).

take all that for what you will, but there it is.

posted on Jul, 31 2006 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Having wasted time in my ill spent youth as a charlatan reader of the Tarot, I eventually came to the conclusion that life is not about what some cards tell you. If you make decisions based on the readings of cards you're no better off than people who make decisions based on the evening news or what the politicians tell them to believe.

I read the Thoth deck and still have mine in a warm, fuzzy bag over on the book case. I haven't taken them out in months now. I used them last to amuse my childrens friends. Kids are so gullible. (For the record, my children are in their 20's)

I say I was a charlatan because if you can read people, you can read Tarot cards. You can amaze them with your insights and they'll come back everytime telling you how perfect the reading actually was. Truth is, when someone comes to you for a reading than 90% of the time it's about either love or money.

I've never done a reading on the fate of the world though. I may just try it to see if i'm in tune with what you want to hear.

wupy

posted on Aug, 1 2006 @ 07:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Parallelogram
take all that for what you will, but there it is.

Very interesting reading!! Glad you did it. Yes ... considering the reading was for
the entire world situation it certainly did have a ring of ITEOTWAWKI due to
war/religious reasons. Certainly does fit the 'end' scene painted for all of us
and even the antichrist???

posted on Aug, 1 2006 @ 07:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by mrwupy
charlatan reader of the Tarot,

You weren't a charlatan. Part of readings for friends is knowing them and
combining who they are with what the cards say. I'd say that makes you a good
reader of the cards. It all flows together.

posted on Aug, 1 2006 @ 11:49 PM
link   
The tarot can be connected to the Kabalah.

The Kabalists discuss the macroprosopus and the microprosopus.

This is the same thing as the macrocosm and the microcosm of which Socrates spoke.
The tarot deck has been divided into the major and minor arcana.
The usually 22 cards of the major arcana are the ordered archetypes existing within the macrocosmic universe.
So therefore the minor arcana reflects the chaotic microcosmic world...the four suits represent this dynamic or interplay of these 4 forces.

The 4 suits of ritual magick are indeed the 4 forces known to man.
Nuclear strong, nuclear weak, electro-magnetism and gravity.

So therefore the tarot are a reflection of the inner power of the microcosmic individual meshing with the Big picture using the archetypes we find in the major arcana.

The Philosophoreum Rosarium follows the same archetypical pattern.

So does the Bible.

namaste

Raphael

[edit on 1-8-2006 by Kachina]

posted on Aug, 16 2006 @ 01:57 AM
link   
Nice attempt Parallelogram - but surely that was just a reflection of your subjective view of the "ills of the world" - which is of course the result that 99% of the population will get - but 10 points for trying.

As per MrWupy I too read the Thoth deck - having found it to be the most evocative and "true" (symbolically at least) deck available at large. I have never read for friends, only twice for strangers (at their insistence and for no fee) yet have found it a most powerful tool for personal enlightenment and elucidation of causes beyond my conscious awareness and prejudices.

To attempt to read the "fate of the world" would seem to me to be both arrogant and futile - for who has the capacity to simultaneously comprehend the sum meaning of 6.5 billion human souls much less a planetary soul!

posted on Aug, 16 2006 @ 05:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Scorpiomoon

To attempt to read the "fate of the world" would seem to me to be both arrogant and futile - for who has the capacity to simultaneously comprehend the sum meaning of 6.5 billion human souls much less a planetary soul!

But it has been attempted many times before Scorpiomoon...
Asking for this reading (fate of the world) was asking to know the future.
There have been many prophecies or readings of the future, regardless of the method used.
The Hopi and the Book of Revelations contained in the Bible are two such examples. Nostradamus and Edgar Caycee are among those individuals who present themselves as arrogant and of futile behaviours.

It is in recognizing the patterns existing from the macrocosm to the microcosm that ultimately allows a person to comprehend the universe existing in a blade of grass and thus they live with more awareness.
And when you recognize the patterns you can make predictions, give sage advice or even be called prophet.

What I do find interesting though is that those who do predict the future...quite often present the forces of a Mother Nature in conjunction with a Creator doing us most harm.
It is not that difficult Scorpiomoon to predict the future, if I can do it, so can you.
Have you read my thread predicting the future?
I use the color blue...which is connected to my 'alias' Kachina.
Kachina the Blue Star is a main player within Hopi prophecy.

www.abovetopsecret.com...'

namaste

Raphael

posted on Aug, 17 2006 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Kachina,

Perhaps I have not expressed myself clearly,

Prophecy (Gk "prophetes" meaning spokesperson) is the statement of an individual (like Cayce) or group (like the Hopi) of their understanding of the macrocosmic cycles and perceived causes and subsequent effects. True prophecy is never date specific and never serves to "predict" it merely states what is.

Divination (Latin "divinus" meaning godlike) is an attempt by the diviner to capture the true reflections of the macrocosmic cycles as they interplay with the microcosmic world we know and love. The accuracy of a divination depends upon both the divining medium used and the "truth" of the symbols employed. The conduit for these symbolic representations (Higher Self/Intelligence/God etc) will also greatly affect the "lens" through which the diviner "sees".

Prophecy is not the same as reading the future - remember the future exists simultaneously with the past and present. The book of the revelation of St John is not really prophetic - it was a revelation - an intuitive gnosis that expressed the cyclical (and holographic) nature of time and the knowable universe. The holographic nature of the revelation is one of the reasons it has been used to prophesy - the fact that it is a true and complete view of the universe (as per tree of life/tarot symbology) means that it applies to all generations.

I read your thread - nice post! I agree that the feminine essence has been sorely missing for millenia now - all 3 major exoteric world religions totally disempower the Goddess - and surely the shift in consciousness we all experience at these times will encompass the reclaiming of the sacred Feminine.

As we reach the zenith of our scientific materialism with its logical rationalism we can only save ourselves through intuitive wisdom with its artistic spritualism and that must include reclaiming and validating the Feminine.

The shift in consciousness that continues apace will quite likely culminate through 2012 AD but we have no way of knowing how that shift of consciousness will change our world. States of consciousness are the veils that conceal and reveal all and their flow-on effects are profound. Who could explain a laptop computer to a Renaissance era peasant? Equally who can explain post 2012 to an emotionally retarded alpha male baby boomer energy executive???

I accept the validity of divination - it has proved itself beyond doubt in my own experiences. To divine the (collective) future I still maintain to be impossible given our current tools and awareness. All the traditional indigenous cultures across the globe have prophetic statements on the inevitable rise and decline of the materialist Western mindset and civilisation - but then all things have a time and a season.

Given our world is one of collective consensus reality - let's each of us concentrate on our own reality and realign the collective in a wave pulse of love and right action. When we have understood our own power to change our own microcosmic world we will understand we have no right to change another's!

Love and Light

posted on Aug, 17 2006 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Scorpiomoon

I suppose God has that capacity, and knowing the mind of God seems to be what all the searchers are seeking. It doesn't matter the path, all spirituality is about knowing the mind of God, aspiring to that lofty perch from whence all knowledge came.

Sure, I myself find it arrogant. I don't see a problem with that though. Futile? I don't think so. It would be easier to stop the sun from shining or the season from changing than to stop the growth of the eternal soul.

Someday I will know the mind of God.

wupy

[edit on 17-8-2006 by mrwupy]

new topics

top topics

join