It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hezbollah Capture Two Israeli Soldiers

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2006 @ 08:45 AM
link   
The militant Lebanese group, Hezbollah, has captured two Israeli soldiers today. They also claim to have killed seven IDF soldiers. Israel responded by invading Southern Lebanon with tanks, troops and attack planes. The Israeli PM said Hezbollah's actions amounted to an "an act of war" and they would pay a "heavy price" for them.

news.yahoo.com
BEIRUT, Lebanon - The Hezbollah militant group captured two Israeli soldiers during clashes along the Lebanese border on Wednesday, triggering an Israeli assault with warplanes, tanks and gunboats as Israeli troops crossed the frontier to hunt for the captives.

Israeli Prime Minister Ehud Olmert called the guerrilla attack "an act of war" and warned that Hezbollah would pay a "heavy price" for its actions.

Israeli warplanes struck two bridges over the Litani River deep in southern Lebanon, killing two civilians on the main north-south highway between the port cities of Tyre and Sidon, Lebanese security officials said. The pan-Arab satellite TV al-Arabiya station said that at least seven Israeli soldiers were killed in the fighting, and that several more were wounded.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

I think my worst fears are coming to pass. I'd harboured suspicions that yet another Mid-East war could break out when America was preoccupied in Iraq.

It seems that the escalations by Israel of invading Gaza, violating Syrian airspace and now invading Southern Lebanon are having the desired effect. The Mid-East is about ready to explode if you ask me. Another war against Israel by Islamic militants backed up by Syria and possibly Iran through the mutual defence pact is quite a possibility.

When Israel can deem the actions of a non-government militant group an "act of war" and act on that with invasion they bring this kind of scenario on themselves. When they breached Syrian airspace that was also an act of war. Syria would of legally been well within its rights to attack Israel proper for doing so.

Mark my words, this is going to turn into a full scale conflict. This is merely the start of something much, much larger.

posted on Jul, 12 2006 @ 08:49 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 12 2006 @ 09:18 AM
link   
Please discuss in the above mentioned link.

Thanks.

Closed

new topics

join