It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A new terror campaign on India?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2006 @ 11:28 PM
link   
Albeit this is a campaign not involving al qaeda or the United States it is something of interest to me, and probably a lot of other people. Things seem to be flaring up in India with a new terror campaign aimed at India. This is being done by Kashmir rebels as its being reported, and I'm pretty sure that its nothing new to have terrorist attacks in India by said rebels, but this just seems like theyre escalating in frequency and devastation. So it leaves me to question whether theres a new war growing in India. If so what could it lead to?

posted on Jul, 12 2006 @ 02:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by truttseeker
Albeit this is a campaign not involving al qaeda or the United States it is something of interest to me, and probably a lot of other people. Things seem to be flaring up in India with a new terror campaign aimed at India. This is being done by Kashmir rebels as its being reported, and I'm pretty sure that its nothing new to have terrorist attacks in India by said rebels, but this just seems like theyre escalating in frequency and devastation. So it leaves me to question whether theres a new war growing in India. If so what could it lead to?

The life line to any terrorist organization, beside money, is the media. Not that I think it shouldnt be reported, but as a couple of the Kashmir rebels are sitting in a cafe drinking coffee, they see they have made international headlines, they have accomplished an objective. What does it take? You cannot hope to resolve their issues and the terrorsim go away, that wont work. I wish I had non-barbaric solutions, but alas I dont. I dont think anyone does, otherwise we would not be in the era we are in. Just a thought, put the terrorist action on the back page in small print...

posted on Jul, 13 2006 @ 12:46 PM
link   
I think it won't lead to anything, there might be more attacks in the (near) future, because, the other parties now want their revenge. But I just can't imagine a new war in India, and I certainly hope there won't be one.

And, maybe it's me but I didn't hear much about the terrorists behind the attacks, so much for media attention

posted on Jul, 13 2006 @ 10:54 PM
link   
What's "new" about it?

This is part of a terrorist campaign that has been going on for years.

posted on Jul, 13 2006 @ 10:56 PM
link   
There doesn't seem to be any increase in terror activity in india. The mumbai attack was a single attack, (and on that day there was an attack in kashmir).

It just happened to get the attention of hte US media is all.

posted on Jul, 13 2006 @ 11:35 PM
link   
Actually this recent attack is quite an increase. The last one of this magnitude was in 1993.
And that takes me to my 2nd point. India hs been in this 'War on Terror' much before the US got involved.
And yes.. this one does point to Al-Qaeda.. at least in terms of funding. None of the major terror group that are active in India have claimed responsibility.Most have actually comdemned it. though I don't think that holds for much.

top topics

join