It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We Need a Global Declaration of Interdependence

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2002 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Happy Halloween, Bandit!

Ephesians 4:4-6 is not saying that everyonje is a cell of the universe and that we are all part of a whole as in the Hinduistic sense but Paul writing from prison telling Christians that they are God's children, part of His body of the church and that there is one God, that they should conduct themselves properly in the vocation of their calling as they are reps of the faith.

Do unto others as you would have others do unto you is simply the word of God. He created the universe and all the laws, both physical as well as spiritual, and in following that command we will do well as whatever we sew we shall reap and the bread cast upon the water will come back to us.

If you're looking for a set of guidelines to follow that would insure they welfare of the citizens of this world, you have found the right book. Unfortunately, our sinful nature causes us to be myopic, self-centered and callous, thinking only of ourselves. We seem to either want to achieve our personal goals no matter what the cost to others, or be slovenly and lazy, not matter what the cost to others.

posted on Oct, 31 2002 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Don't get me wrong about "Religion vs. Faith" & all of the mistranslations & such I've pointed out from the Bible in the ATS forums; The basic *tenants* of most religions are pretty good & make a lot of sense.

What galls me the most is the fanatic-wings that have merely *used* these things as tools to promote the oppression of others...That's where people are the cause of suffering & misery.

"THIS normally peaceful religion uses fanaticism to commit mass murder & acts of terrorism, THAT religion uses socially-based opinions to oppress other people who don't follow them, the OTHER religion is used as a mouthpiece for crooked politicians to justify heinous acts, etc."

That's what makes me sick to my stomach...

posted on Nov, 1 2002 @ 06:54 AM
link   
This so-called Global Declaration of Interdependence is not a commondream.

It's a COMMON NIGHTMARE !

I don't want to be " interdependant " I want to be INDEPENDANT !

posted on Nov, 1 2002 @ 06:56 AM
link   
Thanks for the info TC,

"Do unto others as you would have others do unto you is simply the word of God. He created the universe and all the laws, both physical as well as spiritual, and in following that command we will do well as whatever we sew we shall reap and the bread cast upon the water will come back to us."

It is mentioned in other religions too...

"Unfortunately, our sinful nature causes us to be myopic, self-centered and callous, thinking only of ourselves. We seem to either want to achieve our personal goals no matter what the cost to others, or be slovenly and lazy, not matter what the cost to others."

I don't think we have a sinful nature, it's just that we don't know/remember who and what we really are... All of that what you just described is based on a newtonian/dualistic way of thinking, which is waaaay outdated...

top topics

<< 1   >>

join