It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If I were intent on world domination.....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2006 @ 05:57 AM
link   
Lets say for arguments sake, that I'm the leader of a secret society, intent on taking over the world. To me, to do such a feat, would mean such top level hush hush, that I'd want no-one to know my aims, so therefore I'd maybe 'create' a few groups here and there who's secrets would eventually come out.

In these groups, thier leaders, would be directly under my control and would deny any knowledge of my plans, or even let my plans loose. So why would, shall we say, The Illuminati, NWO etc etc, be known to the public domain?? That would cause a major thorn in my side, to have my plans known, before I could make them happen.

Maybe, just, maybe, theres a more secrative group out there, feeding us information about such groups, to cover themselves and thier true intents...... feeding us the dis-information to confuse us more.

Now, who can this, (lets call them) Master of Puppets be???? Its not someone with wealth, as we all know money only gives you limited powers.....it's knowledge thats the REAL power. And if I was this person, I'd lead an everyday life, maybe even live as a homeless person on the streets...like in The Usual Suspects....no-one expected the gimp to be Kaiser Sozoze.

Just think about it....................

posted on Jul, 11 2006 @ 07:22 AM
link   
That's not very far-fetched...actually, it's been documented as having happened, and could very easily happen again. For example, the ever-illusive Illuminati was used as a scapegoat by both the Roman Church in Bavaria and the Nazi Party as a method to strike fear into the population, thereby assisting in consolidating their own power.

posted on Jul, 11 2006 @ 01:08 PM
link   
I tend to agree with this. Its like from the movie sneakers. Information is where the true power lies. Kinda like what the templar were rumored to do with the powerful artifacts and knowlede.

-

Posted Via ATSmobile (BETA v0.3)

-

posted on Jul, 11 2006 @ 01:17 PM
link   
I think you are lacking alot of knowledge here ... Knowledge used to be power ... But that is not so much the case anymore .... Try leaving your country that you are in ... with no money ... try doing it with 1k ... in your pocket better yet .... Then see where you end up ... ... What you are talking about Money is nothing .... Money is not everything .. but if anything on this world is everything .. it is the MONEY !!!

posted on Jul, 11 2006 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Knowledge can often be used to earn you money, and once you possess knowledge, it is yours forever. It doesn't work as well in reverse.

posted on Jul, 11 2006 @ 04:03 PM
link   
if you have secret knowledge this brings people to you. like the knights templer who gave up there riches to be part of something bigger.

knowledge is the ultimate power. how you acquire knowledge that no one knows and keep it secret is hard to know.

knowledge = power.

thats the ultimate equation.

posted on Jul, 11 2006 @ 06:48 PM
link   
I think the point is not that money can get you power but that sometimes and often knowledge and information is power. Sure if you are rich power comes very eay but if you look at a bribe and how efficent it is because you are extorting money BECAUSE of info it trumps money.

-

-

posted on Jul, 11 2006 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Lets say for arguments sake, that I'm the leader of a secret society, intent on taking over the world. To me, to do such a feat, would mean such top level hush hush, that I'd want no-one to know my aims, so therefore I'd maybe 'create' a few groups here and there who's secrets would eventually come out.

In these groups, thier leaders, would be directly under my control and would deny any knowledge of my plans, or even let my plans loose. So why would, shall we say, The Illuminati, NWO etc etc, be known to the public domain?? That would cause a major thorn in my side, to have my plans known, before I could make them happen.

This is assuming that you are incapable of making mistakes, of slipping up just once and revealing a glimpse of your plans. Taking over the world would be a difficult plan to keep under wraps from everyone, that should seem obvious enough. No one is infallible, unless you believe that this global secret society is domineered by extraterrestrials, as some seem to believe. Meh, who knows?

Maybe, just, maybe, theres a more secrative group out there, feeding us information about such groups, to cover themselves and thier true intents...... feeding us the dis-information to confuse us more.

Disinformation is a part of life in the Information Age. I’m a firm believer that there are people pulling strings in the background, and that they do what they can to hide their presence and maintain the charade; however, I don’t believe that they are so secret as to be utterly unknowable. Of course, if they are discovered to be a group of ill-will, they simply recede back into the shadows and emerge under a new name, with a differently spun agenda.

Now, who can this, (lets call them) Master of Puppets be???? Its not someone with wealth, as we all know money only gives you limited powers.....it's knowledge thats the REAL power. And if I was this person, I'd lead an everyday life, maybe even live as a homeless person on the streets...like in The Usual Suspects....no-one expected the gimp to be Kaiser Sozoze.

Knowledge is not the only source of power; it is important, critical even, but it isn’t “REAL” power, whatever that is. Knowledge = Power is an idea since the time of Frances Bacon when he was advocating the physical sciences. More specifically, knowledge of nature = power over nature. Knowledge is certainly an important aspect of political and military machinations, hence military and independent intelligence agencies.

However, knowledge does you no good when that wealthy man over there hires a hit man on you. And when he bribes investigation officials. And when he tells the editor on the newspaper he owns stock in to disregard your death as any issue of significance.

Frankly, I see wealth as much more powerful than “knowledge.” Knowledge is subjective, and any self-styled expert on any subject, with the right financing, can pass of his or her theories as “knowledge.” Even if you make the case that knowledge is, somehow, more powerful than wealth, you are disregarding the fact that some of the largest and most effective intelligence agencies are run by financial interests. For example, look at a list of the CIA’s Directors of Central Intelligence, and you can connect many of their names to big Wall Street firms. Hell, Allen Dulles and John Foster were the architects of the CIA, and they are partners in Sullivan and Cromwell.

No, I don’t believe that the homeless man or woman walking down the sidewalk is really the leader of the most powerful group in the world. It is not entirely impossible, though, but I don’t see why someone who can command the fates of nations would have any desire to pretend to be poor.

posted on Jul, 13 2006 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Its a tough debate either way. In todays world I guess you can say money leads to information, possibly. I don't think anyone here unless they really know the true inner workins is qualified to make this judgement call.

-

-

posted on Jul, 13 2006 @ 04:26 PM
link   
I disagree, I don't think it is really that difficult of a situation. The CIA is essentially an arm of Wall Street, just as Wall Street is an arm of the CIA. I may not be able to make any sort of argument about the intricate workings of the intelligence community, but it seems to be a pretty well established fact that bribes are a way to get information or suppress information. People with the most money are in the position to make the best bribes.

If someone came up to my house and asked me information about my neighbor, I'd be suspicious and likely not to say anything. If that person then offered me a thousand dollars, call me selfish, but I think I'd share some pieces of what I knew (I'd tell my neighbor, of course).

posted on Jul, 19 2006 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pictnation

I like your way of thinking!! very possible I would say...

posted on Aug, 14 2006 @ 06:16 AM
link   
It is possible, so much so I even scared myself! lol

My general point is that I reckon we are being fed aload of BS with the NWO/Illuminati etc. To me, these names just mean nothing. I reckon they are part of a dis-information plan, to cover up or hide some real motives.

posted on Aug, 15 2006 @ 10:00 AM
link   
yeah thats the main thing to remember. if there is a group of people controling the world out there somewhere, then only information they WANT to get out about them will, or maybe dis-information since they probably would not want anyone to really know anything. but you also have to throw in the human factor. humans are not perfect, they are not preproggramed robot, at least not at first. even, if your brainwashed, you can still make mistakes, leak information, etc. entropy exists in all systems, and eventually it always leads to a collapse of the system. good old chaos is the hope for the human race.

might seem abstract but i think it might be our only saving grace, free will, and the potential chaos inherant in it. the human race still has hope, and is truly blessed in that respect.

posted on Aug, 15 2006 @ 10:05 AM
link   
YEAH ANARCHY ALL ROUND!!!!!!!!

And hexrain, you are right, thats why i dont understand the mason part

I think the are a front for the real thing.
Ow well, bring the nwo on, WELL #ÉM UP REALL GOOOOD

posted on Aug, 15 2006 @ 10:55 AM
link   
they might be a front your right... but i think some of the leaks and some of the things that they do point directly to being involved with the NWO. but yeah, it's possible that they are just humanatarians that are misunderstood, i highly doubt it though.

posted on Aug, 15 2006 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by hexrain1
they might be a front your right... but i think some of the leaks and some of the things that they do point directly to being involved with the NWO. but yeah, it's possible that they are just humanatarians that are misunderstood, i highly doubt it though.

They intend on fullfilling revelation.

I've always thought that they probably originated in anchient Babylon (Modern day Iraq) and created the three major religions of the western hemisphere (Judiasm, Christianity and Islam) with the original intention of setting all three at each others throats when the time had arrived.

I also find it intreging that anchient babylon sits directly in the center of the worlds largest known oil reserves. Mathmatical probability indicates that oil would be used for energy as civilization advanced. Mathmatical probability also indicates that, as that energy source starts to become more scarce, that in itself would be enough to trigger the desired affect.

Ideological and economic warfare.

Strife is really the only way to open a persons mind to question thier beliefs.

Historically there seem to be groups who claim all knowledge who have hidden themselves in the mountains of modern day Afghanistan, Pakistan, Iran, India, Tibet and China.

Knowledge from the east.

Advance the human race technologically and change thier beliefs. Now the question arises, is this an altruistic motive or is it more something more sinister? Such as total dominance over the entire population of the planet. Once the technology had been developed and the desirered ideological chanages had taken place, your little group would be in a position to dominate everything. Given that you were willing to wait for a few thousand years for the plan to come to fruition.

An army that you could use to escape from the planet and go to the stars with.

[edit on 15-8-2006 by In nothing we trust]

posted on Aug, 19 2006 @ 06:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pictnation

Do you have an IQ of 1400?

top topics

join