It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Question About Fox News

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2006 @ 12:13 PM
link   
As I sit here reading the new post I have A few , I am complety amazed At fox news . they have all there people who no all the answers to all of are problems . why don't they all get jobs? with our goverment think it would help . and all the money we could save Thank You Fox .....

posted on Jul, 19 2006 @ 10:27 AM
link   
I dont know if it occurs to you at all but anyone with real skills and talents in life does not go to work for the government. They can do much better in private life if they apply themselves.
This is true of state local and federal governments.

The very long term nature of government always lends itself to this type of thing. A whoredom called politics which is often at opposite intents with the public it claims to serve. This is exactly why the founders here spoke of the "mischief" twords which governments naturally tend. THe best government you can have is the least government possible. Is this the trend you see in government..any of them state local and federal???

If this is the position of fox news they are kidding themselves. If this is your position ..you are kidding yourself too.

No person with any real life skills at all goes to work for government. It just doesnt make good nonsense..unless you are merely looking for a free ride and damn the consequences for everyone else.

Thanks,
Orangetom

posted on Jul, 19 2006 @ 10:45 AM
link   
I see what you're saying, orangetom, but it's a bit rambling and rant-ish. The big trouble with politics, and thus government, is that people as individuals aren't very good at thinking beyond their own "village", whether that village be their immediate family, extended family, or whatever other semi-tribal group we use to define ourselves. There is nothing that fixes this when someone gets into public service, so there are a lot of people working on projects that have large, long-term consequences who are unable to see beyond a small scale and short-term. This leaves a mess, which is why it's a good thing to limit, severly, the scope on which they can operate (ie. Small Government).
As for the "lack of skills" comment, again I don't think this is a case of malice aforethought more than it is one where, when you find yourself in a job that doesn't push you to excel and grow, you tend to settle in and get comfortable.

Back to the topic at hand, though: Fox News. As a social liberal I'm often quite annoyed at what Fox airs and the spin they put on their stories. I have to admit, though, that their presentation is excellent. Seriously, step back some time and watch not what they're saying, but how they're saying it. It's really very impressive.

As for the spin itself, I don't begrudge them the social conservative slant on the news, there are enough socially liberal outlets that I'm not worried about that. I just wish news organizations could be honest about their political leanings. I'd rather have an identified bias to work with, than to have it hidden behind the claims of "complete objectivity" that are the norm today.

posted on Jul, 19 2006 @ 11:31 AM
link   
I am pretty conservative in my political leanings. I actually tire of the Fox news and information format at times. I particularly dont like Hannity and Colmes. I dont particularly like Sean Hannity and his technique. He comes across as more of a robot than does Alan Colmes though I see Alan doing it at times. Probably more because of the fact that Sean is more vocal than is Alan.
As for Bill O riley..I can take him or leave him. I do however like his pithy comments.
All of the networks spin..even Fox. Its just a matter of are we as the public perceptive enough to see it outside of our emotions or emotional bias.

This is one of the reasons I dont like this format..that Fox or other networks use where they have this panel of commentators...to report and comment on items in the news. IT comes across as if many of us dont have the ability to form our own opinions or beliefs about the news and information. I dont need these people spinning for me..I will do that myself..the rest can get lost.

Most people are not in fact good at thinking beyond thier own village. Remember the dogma.." It takes a village." Most people are not intrested in much beyond their own village. That is thier buisness...their opinion. They dont want things interfering with thier lives beyond their own village. I dont blame them for this.
I believe in small government. This is what gaurantees individual liberty. Not big government.

Thanks,
Orangetom

posted on Jul, 19 2006 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by orangetom1999
I believe in small government. This is what gaurantees individual liberty. Not big government.

Oh certainly, we agree here. I specified social liberal instead of the blanket term. Though I tend to vote Democratic currently that's partly because, as far as I can see, both the major parties are currently very much in favor of big government and I'd rather have the one that agrees with me socially in control of the money they'll be taking
If the Libertarians could ever do something to weed out the "wacky" from their party in my state I'd probably be with them.

posted on Jul, 19 2006 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Maverick44
As I sit here reading the new post I have A few , I am complety amazed At fox news . they have all there people who no all the answers to all of are problems . why don't they all get jobs? with our goverment think it would help . and all the money we could save Thank You Fox .....

What makes you think they aren't working for the govenment (in a manner of speaking)?

new topics

top topics

join