It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hongkong Movies/Chungking Express/In the mood for love

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2006 @ 09:05 AM
link   
Did you ever saw (Asian) Hongkong movies? Let's take the Martial Arts besides.

For example the director : "Wong Kar-Wai" ...I saw two very good movies from him, the first...

"Chungking Express" is a funny love/drama movie mainly about a woman (Faye) who jobs in a snack bar in Hongkong where the Policeman 663, which is regular there, eat his "chief salad". No wonder that she fell in love with him..Under mysterious circumstances she get his keys to his room in the city. From there on she illicitly visits his room and she used to upholster it...I don't know how to explain, the movie is very strange, but funny to watch, if you fed up with all the Hollywood productions.

In the mood for love
•Not especially a love movie, it's in the sixties, it's about a certain attitude in a certain time-

Other very good movies from Wong Kar-Wai are: "In the mood for love" which plays in the 60's (Relationships are kind of covered, hiddened) in Hongkong, about two lonely people (Starring: Maggie Cheung, Tony Leung) who live in the same house, on the same floor. Well, they both have a married partner. But those "married partners", become unfaithful. To take revenge, Chow (Tony Leung) and Li-Zen (Maggie Cheung) develope a relationship, which starts with the writing of martial arts stories for a newspaper together. After a while they love each other. The whole movie is going to be very verbal, the express theirselves through body. The movie shows very, very little of physical love. You have to laugh sometimes, because the dialogs are strange for a person who was born after 1960...although the production date is the year 2000.

I hope this hits someones field of interest. If yes, try to watch the movie(s) sometime and please enjoy!

[edit on 8-7-2006 by dacruz]

posted on Jul, 10 2006 @ 10:57 PM
link   
I prefer 2046 too.
Nice soundtrack,perfect drama acting.

posted on Jul, 13 2006 @ 06:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by bscale
I prefer 2046 too.
Nice soundtrack,perfect drama acting.

Yes, I tried to download the Soundtrack on the iTunes MusicStore, but this album is not listed on their database
(2046 Main Theme) I would love to have this song, although I did not watched the movie. I think I will buy the DVD soon (2046). Especially the movie has great actors e.g. : Zhing Ziyi, Gong Li, Tony Leung and Faye Wong! (They both appeared on "Chungking Express")

I think everybody knows Zhing Ziyi (The Geisha, Tiger & Dragon, Rush Hour 2) and Gong Li (The Geisha).

new topics

join