It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Legal confusion, a form of control?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2006 @ 01:53 AM
link   
Now i'm not into the idea of a New World Order but i was thinking, and yes i know many people here have told me not to do that. It's probably good advice, but i just can't stop it.

Anyway, if you wanted to control a population wouldn't legal confusion be better than restriction? With incredibly restrictive laws people can eventually get so annoyed they can force change, but by keeping people confused they simply complain.

An example is the UK laws on burglary and self defense. Nothing is cut and dry it's open to a lot of interpretation. If someone enters my house the advice is to lock myself in a room, or if i am confronted to not use excessive force. Of course who is to say what is excessive?

You see it's all completely confusing and i think if you wanted to control a population this is far better. With restrictive laws they know where they stand, what they can and cannot do. With confusing laws, people are more likely to really watch what they are doing and even go out of their way to avoid breaking the laws. They might even be incredibly careful in case they break a law they don't know even exists, just in case.

Thoughts, opinions, insults?

posted on Jul, 7 2006 @ 02:04 AM
link   
Laws are like sausages, it is better not to see them being made.
- Otto von Bismarck

I think you're on to something. The tax laws are obviously designed for the elite (nwo). Most tax laws will never apply to you and me, the only ones who profit from them is corporations and their tax lawyers who spend their whole day trying not to pay taxes.

Tax laws are not cut and dry either.

posted on Jul, 8 2006 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by ConspiracyNut23

Tax laws are not cut and dry either.

My theory on that is it's intentional and provide the powers that be a way to bring down anyone at anytime. Ever notice how some of the most notorious gangsters of all time like Capone and Gotti weren't put away on charges like murder, but tax evasion

Tax laws are so insanely confusing that if you call the people who are supposed to enfore them like the IRS they don't even know! Call the IRS with a somewhat complicated question 4-5 times, and you'll get 4-5 different answers. It seems to me anyway that no matter what you do if the people in charge really want to find something to bring someone down they have a way to do so

posted on Jul, 8 2006 @ 07:17 PM
link   
It is certainly a possibility I have entertained on occasion. Many laws, from taxes to murder, self defense, burglary, ect are so confusing most people do not understand them. Yet we often have the phrase: "Ignorance of the law is no excuse". That might have worked 100 years ago when laws were relatively straightforward. But not anymore. In fact, it is almost like the purpose of these laws and codes of today is to deliberately confuse and cause ignorance of the law. The more confused people are, the more susceptable to harassment and prosecution by the authorities. The only way people have a change against the law is lawyers. And Lawyers, like medical care, are expensive and most people do not trust them enough unless it is absolute emergencies.

Most people have enough on their plates that they cannot devote any time to studying or understanding alot of new laws. They have jobs, families to support, plus a barrage of news and crap flooding their minds 24/7 that it is next to impossible to devote time on such things. Besides, decent laws should be written in clear concise language that even dummies can understand, and they should be simple and effective.

But it could very well be that laws are becoming deliberately more difficult, complex, and hard to understand because the elites know people dont have time to keep up, and thus, are easier to prey on and control.

posted on Jul, 8 2006 @ 09:41 PM
link   
There's no question in my mind that laws are a tyrants first line of offense.
Ayn Rand put it pretty well.

"The only power government has is the power to crack down on criminals. Well, when there aren't enough criminals, one makes them. One declares so many things to be a crime that it becomes impossible to live without breaking laws."
-Ayn Rand

top topics

join