It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Jersey Shut Down

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2006 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Well as many of you may know, New Jersey was just shuit down and all non essential departments were clsoed for the time being. My questions is a matter of legality (amoungst others but for this thread we will stick with legal).

Since essential NJ workers like Police and such are working under a furlough and not getting paid as it states in multiple articles, what if they quit their job during this time.

Are they subject for prosecution? Maybe someone would have a good resource to find this out, but I just do not know where to even look for this. Im very interested in this and hope this is a good forum for this subject.

posted on Jul, 5 2006 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Let's see, maybe the Incorporated State of New Jersey shouldn't have borrowed more money than it could pay back. Bankruptcy!!!!
You will see more & more of this.
U.S. economic collapse. Didn't Peutro Rico or the Dominican just go through this as well?
Everything is falling into plan, via the NWO----Rothchilds/Rockefellars---Lucifer

posted on Jul, 5 2006 @ 05:57 PM
link   
I dont disagree with something shady going on. But from a legal standpoint, are the people on Furloghs allowed to quit or are they forced to work is what I am getting at.

[edit on 5-7-2006 by prophetfxb]

GSA

posted on Jul, 5 2006 @ 06:03 PM
link   
depends on what their contracts state, what the unions will / have agreed, and the bare faced cheek / threats thrown by the district to stop mass walkouts over pay.

We live in a society and way of life where ruin is just one or two bounced / missed paychecks away, so i'd be sweating like a porker in a butchers if this was my situation...

I never ever thought i'd see the day when Americans could not afford to pay the peoples wages.

Viva la revolution!

posted on Jul, 5 2006 @ 09:47 PM
link   
well obviously this is a scam as far as the budget issues. The state isnt bankrupt, and If you watched and believe what Alex Jones put out about the CAFR's for the different govt levels, its quite obvious they dont have a budget issue.

Especially since the Gov there was just the head of goldman sachs not too long ago, he must know nothing about finance.

I just wanted to know if any lawyer of anyone familiar with the law, could shed light on the issue. It seems to be a great way to save a few million by not paying the people for work while the state is shutdown.

posted on Jul, 5 2006 @ 09:59 PM
link   
Ok I am from New Jersey, So I follow all the news here very carefully. I know the situation corzine is facing. He is business orientated. I have lived here for most of my life and the previous governers screwed us in the long run to have a popularity contest.

Corzine isn't aiming to be popular, he is aiming to get us out of this HUGE deficit, one of the largest in the country. I can pretty much garentee you this isn't a scam on his part. I blame his predecessors for this problem which we have encountered.

This is coming from a person who can't get his license now because corzine shut down the state, thus shutting down the DMV's. You can bet I support him on this, a politician needs to hit us with the truth for once, you can't get everything for nothing. Has been happening for far too long and he is stopping it before it is completely too late (even though it seems pretty bad already).

posted on Jul, 5 2006 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by prophetfxb
I dont disagree with something shady going on. But from a legal standpoint, are the people on Furloghs allowed to quit or are they forced to work is what I am getting at.

[edit on 5-7-2006 by prophetfxb]

no only state police and manditory jobs for now have to work without pay I think. Others were sent home. Atlantic city just got shut down today so you can bet things are really going to start getting done quick. Brings in about 1 million dollars a day.

posted on Jul, 6 2006 @ 10:02 AM
link   
Like the typical democrat govenors this state has had, Corizine is looking for a quick fix without actually taking care of the issues.

New Jersey is the most densly populated state with the highest state taxes. Continually the democratics will raise taxes for increase spending on social programs. This state wastes so much money it is truly pathetic.

Corizine is not even willing to listen to other possible options.....he wants to raise taxes again (sales tax to 7%).

This is the same individual that told eveyone last year that he would not rasie taxes.....how the state is over taxed.

Well NJ.....I hope your happy for voting another horrendous democrat into office.

posted on Jul, 6 2006 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Alantic City is down too...

www.cnn.com...

www.belowtopsecret.com...

[edit on 6-7-2006 by imbalanced]

posted on Jul, 6 2006 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by ferretman2
Like the typical democrat govenors this state has had, Corizine is looking for a quick fix without actually taking care of the issues.

New Jersey is the most densly populated state with the highest state taxes. Continually the democratics will raise taxes for increase spending on social programs. This state wastes so much money it is truly pathetic.

Corizine is not even willing to listen to other possible options.....he wants to raise taxes again (sales tax to 7%).

This is the same individual that told eveyone last year that he would not rasie taxes.....how the state is over taxed.

Well NJ.....I hope your happy for voting another horrendous democrat into office.

Do you even know the first thing about what is going on? New Jersey was SO far in debt BECAUSE OF PREVIOUS GOVERNORS playing Mr. Popularity and letting our state become one of the highest in debt states in the US, that corzine can't manage it otherwise.

Lets put it this way, do you want programs or do you want tax cuts. I don't mean just programs you don't like, I mean like almost any state funded program. You get what you pay for, or at least thats how it is suppose to work.

Those stupid previous governors gave us so much for the cost of nothing, you didn't think you can get away with it did you? Stuff like that comes back to you. When you create a debt like this we owe interest of the money we owe. I know that the longer we do nothing about this debt the more businesses profit from it. The States debt gets so big eventually the state is just paying back interest, never paying the debt off.

We need to get out of debt ASAP, and Corzine knows that. You need to raise taxes and cut programs to create a surplus, that will erase the debt. He is good with money, thats why we elected him. I am a libertarian so normally I hate democrats, but not on this one. He has cut so many programs in the state even before the state shut down that you would think he is a republican. He was constantly cutting all these programs that weren't needed. IT STILL WASNT ENOUGH!!! why? because we are so far in debt.

You act like he is going to raise taxes and more social programs. Hes cut programs and raised taxes because he knows we need a big surplus to get rid of the debt. The debt is only good for businesses not government and people.

posted on Jul, 6 2006 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Yikes... I had heard about this today while watching the news (I've been a little out of the loop the past few days. bene on vacation and forced myself to take a break form news and such... anyway), and now Atlantic City is shut down?

Ugh, i'd think that would be one way to help get some cash back into the system.

In any case, this sounds really bad, and raising taxes is probably the only thing that can be done in the near term to help this crisis.

I feel really bad for all the average people in NJ...

new topics

top topics

join