It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Debris falls as shuttle lifts off- a little irrespponsible?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2006 @ 10:15 PM
link   

UP to six pieces of debris that could be foam insulation fell off Discovery's troublesome external fuel tank shortly after liftoff today.

The shuttle blasted off this morning on a pivotal mission for US space ambitions despite lingering concerns about safety three years after the Columbia tragedy.

www.heraldsun.news.com.au... 05%5E663,00.html

A little irresponsible? Why do those dummies at NASA persist putting lives in danger? Why do the dummies onboard have a death wish?

It must be glamorous to be going to outer space- the suits, the prestige, all they have to go through to qualify, etc. I think they are dumb. I see nothing glamorous about lifting off and having pieces fall down upon liftoff...

I see nothing heroic with these people who, knowing they are about to embark on a journey that may not make it back, sit there like dummies and are STILL willing to go up. For what? Mankind?
I think NASA is a loser and i think those willing to participate in such a dangerous and dark ages program are also not the brightest bulb.

You'd think with all the $$$ NASA has they could send a well made "sound" piece of equipment to outer space.

We should be sending monkeys- we're still at that stage, and we shouldnt pretend we have the technology- because we do not.

join