It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Was the T-2 Shot Down by the U.S. Missile Defense?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2006 @ 05:07 PM
link   
I haven't seen anyone else mention this so far, but look at what's been reported on CNN and elsewhere, that the T-2 failed in mid-air 40 seconds after launch.

What if there was an intercept using a SM-3 missile from a U.S. Aegis warship stationed near Japan?

Would the intercept make it look like the missile failed shortly after launch? It was the middle of the night over there in a remote area of the world. The U.S. wouldn't have to say they shot it down. In fact, why would they admit it? The countries involved would know what happened, of course. But they also might want to keep what happened quiet for a variety of reasons, such as - in the case of Russia and China - not wanting to admit that their own missiles could also be shot down. The north koreans might also want to keep it quiet rather than admit they are "toothless" after all their previous hype.

[edit on 7/4/2006 by centurion1211]

posted on Jul, 4 2006 @ 05:10 PM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...

I had a post moments ago about a very similar subject and my thread was closed. The link above is where I was directed.

posted on Jul, 4 2006 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211

interesting

I think this subject deserves a topic of its own !

posted on Jul, 4 2006 @ 05:16 PM
link   
OK. I moved my comments back to the original thread.

posted on Jul, 4 2006 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ivanova

Originally posted by centurion1211

interesting

I think this subject deserves a topic of its own !

I agree as well. Well get more info I believe. Please leave this one mods?

posted on Jul, 4 2006 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by VType

I agree as well. Well get more info I believe. Please leave this one mods?

I hope the mods will let this topc remain
and you can repost your previous comments here !

posted on Jul, 4 2006 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Humm... the US shooting down the T-2
is not as far-fetched as it would seem !

Sun, Jun. 25, 2006

Attempt to shoot down North Korean missile would be high-stakes move by U.S.

If the United States shot down the missile, "the Japanese would see it as proof that the Japan-U.S. alliance is reliable, and feel confident that the United States will come to the rescue," said Takehiko Yamamoto, international politics professor at Waseda University in Tokyo.

www.bradenton.com...

posted on Jul, 4 2006 @ 05:39 PM
link   
you guys... cmon. if the usa had shot it down it would be all over the friggin news. America would be gloating about it and the Asian world would be reporting it.

No "secret lazer equiped 737s" shot it down or "black ops" subs... Geez

posted on Jul, 4 2006 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by donk_316

you guys... cmon. if the usa had shot it down it would be all over the friggin news. America would be gloating about it and the Asian world would be reporting it.

What if...

What if...

What if it wasn't America who shot it down

posted on Jul, 4 2006 @ 05:43 PM
link   

What if...
What if...
What if it wasn't America who shot it down

Seriously, North Koreas "missles" are equal to the USAs version from 50 years ago. Are you really that shocked when it falls apart 40 seconds after it launches?

posted on Jul, 4 2006 @ 05:47 PM
link   
I believe that NK would know the difference between a shootdown and a failure. They are a poor country, but not as backwards in terms of military standards as the U.S media would let on.

Simple radar would be sufficent to see an incoming interceptor, and they would have been watching this test very closely with much more sophisticated tracking devices. The north Koreans would have made it known right away if the failed missle was indeed shot down.

posted on Jul, 4 2006 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Seriously, North Koreas "missles" are equal to the USAs version from 50 years ago. Are you really that shocked when it falls apart 40 seconds after it launches?

All this fuss and over 50 year old technology ?

tsk ... tsk...

But if the T-2 was shot down... by someone else....
using unknown technology... who would that shock

posted on Jul, 4 2006 @ 05:55 PM
link   
But were talking about the same US that says area 51 is a trillion dollar ghost that doesnt exist along with all the other DOE US non existent high $$$ bases. I can imagine them not letting the Cat out of the bag (Laser,EMP,???) and claiming ignorance or denial.
However more than likely the NK fireworks were just shoddy equip/engineering. I know Naval vehicles like the Sea Shadow go undetected very close to active search systems and thats 10 + year old technology.

posted on Jul, 4 2006 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Unlikely, if we'd shot it down, we'd be bragging about it already for sure.

It looks like the thing blew up after 40 seconds or so, probably too early in it's flight for anything to even have a chance to hit it.

Apparently reports are now that there were two Taepo Dong II's tested, not just the one.

posted on Jul, 4 2006 @ 06:00 PM
link   

tsk ... tsk...

What gives you this opinion that these missles are the equivelant of U.S 50's tech?

Do you some sort of proof for this assertion, or is this merely bluster?

posted on Jul, 4 2006 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Uhm, if a missile was fired at it then people could see it for hundreds of miles. When I lived in Hawaii, we were able to see the glow on the horizon from Kauai, when they launched the target missile and the interceptor. As far as I can recall the SM-2/3 is a midcourse interceptor, and not a boost phase interceptor. The ability to catch it in the lauch phase is very difficult. And even on a high alert, shooting it down in 40 seconds is WAY too fast for an Aegis to detect, track, shoot, and the missile to catch and hit the target.

posted on Jul, 4 2006 @ 06:03 PM
link   

I know Naval vehicles like the Sea Shadow go undetected very close to active search systems and thats 10 + year old technology.

Speaking of Navy... How close is Vladivostok to North Korea ?

posted on Jul, 4 2006 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Islamic_Guy

tsk ... tsk...

What gives you this opinion that these missles are the equivelant of U.S 50's tech?

Do you some sort of proof for this assertion, or is this merely bluster?

Are you talking to me ?

I was making fun of donk_316's post.

As you can see... I quoted it !

posted on Jul, 4 2006 @ 06:06 PM
link   

I know Naval vehicles like the Sea Shadow go undetected very close to active search systems and thats 10 + year old technology.

Sea Shadow was only a technology demonstrator, and the only one built. There's no way that they could have designed, built, launched, and kept secret a new class of stealth ships for this long. If there was more than one there would at least be reports of weird ships sailing around. And if there was only one it would only be a tech demonstrator, and there's no way they'd have it in a combat zone, as it would most likely be unarmed.

posted on Jul, 4 2006 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Speaking of Navy... How close is Vladivostok to North Korea ?

Definate possibility. The Russians are no slouches by any means. And even though some media would have you belive they are lacking in area's I believe they are a bit more active than they ackknowledge. Im interested in Russias political responce. I know when Nato goes alert so does Russia. Very interesting topic's.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join