It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Details Emerge in Alleged Army Rape, Killings

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2006 @ 01:16 PM
link   
www.washingtonpost.com...

BAGHDAD, July 2 -- Fifteen-year-old Abeer Qasim Hamza was afraid, her mother confided in a neighbor.

As pretty as she was young, the girl had attracted the unwelcome attention of U.S. soldiers manning a checkpoint that the girl had to pass through almost daily in their village in the south-central city of Mahmudiyah, her mother told the neighbor.

The U.S. military said last week that authorities were investigating allegations of a rape and killings in Mahmudiyah by soldiers of the 502nd Infantry Regiment, part of the 4th Infantry Division.

And so it continues - this is sounding more and more like vietnam - with the US war machine uncontrollable , commitng human rights violations almost daily and war crimes which rank amoungst the worst in the world and up there with the third reich.

it makes me sick.

Mod Edit: Fixed BB Code.

[edit on 5/7/2006 by Mirthful Me]

GSA

posted on Jul, 4 2006 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Shia !! you should have a warning about graphic content to those links - WARNING THE BOTTOM LINK IS TO A VERY DISTURBING IMAGE. WARNING VERY GRAPHIC AND DISTURBING.

ATS is not the place for those type of images.

Any how if true i hope that man and his friends get life with no parole - In a federal supermax for comfort.

If not, well thats another thread about lying for money isnt it?

[edit on 4/7/06 by GSA]

posted on Jul, 5 2006 @ 06:02 PM
link   

If not, well thats another thread about lying for money isnt it?

The incident is spread in many news agencies from different backgrounds in a way that is impossible to meet on lying . So that makes it true .

US governement should control such scums , take serious procedures against these crimes , and get sure to keep such animals away from humans .
When ignoring such crimes under the democracy spreading campaign , that will make them no better than Taliban who ignored the shari'a breaching crimes of their fighters , under the pretext of preserving the islamic cilaphat .

GSA

posted on Jul, 5 2006 @ 06:09 PM
link   
AnarShia relax there !

Not once did I say it wasn't true, I just said that it may not be so...BUT there is alot of stuff going around from the islamic side that is pure dark black propaganda, SO every thing has to be investigated before you start putting the accused image on ATS, and pictures of not nice things...

Oh and just because its in lots of papers doesnt make it any truer, only a conviction and DNA evidence does that. Just look at Bush and his papers full of WMD evidence / proof / need.

What i will say is this - IF he is guilty, then the death penalty should be sought for that type of crime. If he is not guilty after DNA evidence ect, then I hope they will search hi and low for who ever did this terrible crime.

[edit on 5/7/06 by GSA]

posted on Jul, 5 2006 @ 08:05 PM
link   
If these guys are indeed guilty of this crime, I honestly hope they are put to a very slow and painful screaming death.

Behavior like this goes well beyond disgraceful. Its pure evil. When I first read about the charges, I honestly hoped they were not true. It really makes me ill that first of all, American soldiers would do such a thing. But then it doesn't surprise me.

I see evidence in Iraq of major breakdown in military leadership, discipline, respect, and proper training. The fact that we keep getting various reports, some made up, but enough of them true, shows a deep rot and disease that is taking the armed forces from within. It really is disturbing. I saw sings of the slow decay when I was leaving the army, and its obvious that no changes were made since then. There seems to be a severe lack of discipline, and Im willing to bet that many of these guys probably never even remember Geneva convention training, if they ever recieved it!

But to do something like this to some poor girl and kill her family......its beyond monsterous. The fact that American soldiers might have did this makes it burn even more.

new topics

top topics

join