It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could the Phelps be the purest form of Christianity?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2006 @ 01:13 AM
link   
Many people throughout America have become aware of the Wesboro Baptist Church located in Topeka Kansas, mainly through their radical perspectives and demonstrations that have caused outrage in mainstream America, but one thing I admire about the Phelps is that they truly seem to follow the Bible on a literal basis. They are very informed and educated in Biblical doctrine and will even bring several verses into light that many people seem to not know of or not acknowledge.

Because they take the Bible on percise and literate grounds could it be possible that they are praciticing the purest form of Christianity? Now, I know this may seem a bit incomprehensive, but as far as I'm concerned Christianity is based on the Bible and the Bible is what gives Christianity its' foundation. (Which is why I'm bringing up this topic)...Now there are several interpretations of the Bible many may say and the diversity of Christianity is evident, nonetheless the Wesboro Baptist Church seem to not so much focus on modern interpretations, but the interpretation that is already given in the Bible by -God's chosen-

[edit on 3-7-2006 by laiguana]

posted on Jul, 3 2006 @ 01:47 AM
link   
I would rate that church as extremely low on the list of 'purest form of Christianity'. They preach all sorts of hate towards homosexuals, and Fred Phelps has been downright nasty in the media towards them. I think he was also disrespecting fallen US soldiers in Iraq, too, at one point.

I'm all for a literal interpretation of the Bible, but those people are not doing so. While the Bible does condemn homosexuality as a sin, it does not say it is okay to go about making their lives miserable and calling them 'fags' and all that kind of crap.

Like Phelps, I don't agree with most of the US actions in Iraq, but I still have a deep respect for those soldiers who go over there, knowing that they are risking their lives. Insulting their memories is tasteless and disrespectful, and hurts the family and friends of the deceased. That is not Christian and it is not in my bible to act that way.

posted on Jul, 8 2006 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Could the Phelps be the purest form of Christianity?

Right, and Jim Jones was the returned Messiah.

posted on Jul, 8 2006 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Isn't that the guy who has like thoes 5000 ampitheater "churches" and live radio/ national TV brodcast of his services along with long winded sermons on politics to get the large christian group to vote one way?

I heard something like that before on NPR news...

posted on Jul, 8 2006 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mizar
Isn't that the guy who has like thoes 5000 ampitheater "churches" and live radio/ national TV brodcast of his services along with long winded sermons on politics to get the large christian group to vote one way?

I heard something like that before on NPR news...

No, this is the ashhat that disrupts the funeral services of soldiers killed in Iraq for his own right-wing political agenda.

posted on Jul, 8 2006 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Fred Phelps is one of the poorest examples of christianity there ever was, a hate filled bigot, a closet racist and in-breeder. His Father was a known Murderer and it was believed a closet homosexual himself who used Freddy for his relief after work hours.

Unfortunately it is usually the violently abused and mistreated children that grow up to become 'true believers' while trying to convert others to their sick, twisted way of thinking. A true Christian would only follow the words of Jesus Christ and reject all other hateful teachings placed in their path.

top topics

join