It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Electronica fans?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2006 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Where you at?

Let's talk music! Favorite genre? Favorite CD? Favorite DJ? Favorite producer?

posted on Jul, 2 2006 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Left Field, mostly.

I don't really have favorites.

posted on Jul, 2 2006 @ 04:03 PM
link   
I guess saying a favorite is a difficult task. Maybe I should revise as "favorites" or "current favorite"... I have so many, it's so hard to choose. Thanks for responding!

posted on Jul, 2 2006 @ 04:10 PM
link   
I've been listening to Otto Von Schirach recently and Coil.

posted on Jul, 2 2006 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Hmmm... I haven't heard of them, what style are they?

posted on Jul, 2 2006 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Otto Von Schirach is IDM/Glitch.

posted on Jul, 3 2006 @ 06:51 AM
link   
Started listening and going to partys in 95 over here in germany,mainly techno trance as it was called back then.

Been to love parades, maydays , assorted clubs in half of germany,partied my ass off doing/taking all sorts of wierd things

Nowdays as a 30 something guy with wife and 2 kids ive retired from the scene and am now collecting records from back in the day ,mainly stuff from before 97 techno,trance oldskool breakbeat.

Discogs is the place to go if your into collecting vinyl, great database they have there.

I only really listen to stuff from before 97-98 , the stuff they play nowdays -- trance,minimal etc is not to my liking as i cant feel the groove in it :shk:

Why even bother listening to the new stuff ? theres so much from the 90s waiting to be discovered out there

posted on Jul, 3 2006 @ 12:53 PM
link   
The 90's were definitely a special time for the music... I'm more into progressive, and there is a ton of amazing progressive trance from the mid/late nineties that really captured a vibe. I'm hoping that we can get that essence back again... that it's a cycle that is just on the down right now.

I have my vinyl listed on discogs, but haven't updated it in a while... it's a very cool site.

posted on Jul, 3 2006 @ 01:03 PM
link   
I'm a fan of A3 myself. Or Alabama 3, depending on what side of the pond you're on.

posted on Jul, 3 2006 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Hey,

I DJ and I dont really believe in genres, I just find it so boring to listen to the same type of music in a set. Anyway love electronica

fav artists
sancho
four tet
aphex
squarepusher
Autechre
Venetian Snares
Prefuse 73

Highly recommend you check out sancho (actually a good mate of mine but dont let that stop you)

have a look at superglider records site www.superglider.com... it is sancho's label. They are a small independent label based in sunny Bournemouth, UK also run by mates of mine.

They have mp3's to download on their site plus recommend checking out betika if you like some beautiful more chilled stuff.

enjoy

posted on Jul, 3 2006 @ 01:21 PM
link   
My faves are:

Aphex Twin
Uncle
Pendulum
Infected Mushroom

But i like alot of varied stuff

posted on Jul, 3 2006 @ 10:22 PM
link   
D.A.V.E. the Drummer

Check out the audio section for free downloads. The man is a legend.

[edit on 3/7/06 by Implosion]

posted on Jul, 4 2006 @ 02:02 AM
link   
While at it check out tanith

Im sure many know tanith , one of the pioneers of tekkno in early 89-90 ,hes still djing but more into grime,brakbeat right now.

That link above takes you to a part of his forum (its in german) but if you check the threads there are many links to old sets on megaupload or rapidshare.

Just check the first 30 or so threads for links

posted on Jul, 11 2006 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Mauro Picotto

But basically all EDM, anything from Techno to House.

posted on Jul, 15 2006 @ 10:13 PM
link   
Have you all checked out freshly mixed? $2.50 a month for unlimited DJ mix downloads... lots of classic mixes and brand new stuff, very cool.

www.freshlymixed.com...

posted on Jul, 19 2006 @ 05:47 AM
link   
Im mostly into Italo, Hardstyle, Club, House, Hardcore, Trance and Goa.

I'll probably go to the Loveparade next year..

posted on Jul, 19 2006 @ 08:52 AM
link   
Hybrid, Infected Mushroom, Fragile State, Zero 7, Thievery Corp., Alot of trance/progressive , breakbeats..

I listen to some of the mainstream guys as well, like Armin and PvD

i am a producer as well so I might as well insert a shameless plug here, just read my signature there's a link to my myspace with my tracks.

posted on Jul, 26 2006 @ 03:19 AM
link   
Nice McGuirk! I like your stuff!

Thain - I'm jealous! Love parade sounds like a blast!

posted on Jul, 27 2006 @ 04:04 AM
link   
Heres a link to a live set from Mauro Picotto Live at Aria Nightclub Montreal Jan 2004

4 hour set of killer techno

www.megaupload.com...

posted on Jul, 27 2006 @ 11:08 AM
link   
I love Hybrid! Can't you tell from my username?

Other than that I'm partial to the works of Sasha and Armin van Buuren.

On a side note, there is this track Tiesto played during his concert at Amsterdam that I can't get out of my head. But the thing is I've no idea what the track name is or who the original artist is. Part of the vocals (female) goes something like this:

The day is cool, the night is young...

Any idea who/what it might be?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join