It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

bill gates research

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2006 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Hello everyoe, i have a few questions that i'd like to ask. I'm curious how this man made his wealth, there's so many conspiracies and rumours surronding him. My first question is did he ever have a trust fund? Some people say that he did back in the 70's and 80's. My second question i heard he had some tax evasion business in ireland, or it was a business in general, is that true? And does anyone have any good advice for researching in depth how the rich made there money? Some people say that bill gates used the rockerfeller formula then built on that, but that's another rumour, thanks for the help.

edit: spelling errors

[edit on 1-7-2006 by malakiem]

posted on Jul, 1 2006 @ 06:57 PM
link   
I can answer that for you.
I did a report on him but it was a long time ago. The story of how he got that wealth is too long to say in order you to understand but it goes this way.

Always had a dream of making a software coorporation with his friend.

Young Teen - Writes a problem report book on all the errors known and uknown to the big buisnessess about computer systems.

Its been a very long time ago but I think it was Northwest Power Grid that had problems with their systems and read the book and it fixed them so then they hired Bill and his friend.

Skipping all the way to Microsofts founding, Bill sells some less than 10% of Microsoft to (Believe me its been a long time and hard to remember) a company to make Microsoft public.

That goes very swell. They make a ton of money.

Microsoft got major investments so did Bill.

So then he became a billionare b/c of investments. He doesnt make the most money of his company, when I did the report he made some 500,000 bucks a year. But he made a half million an hour by investments of the stock market.

I had to skipp a bunch of things b/c it will take too long to explain but basically he was a economic genius and he got alot of money from his skills.

Oh one more thing to add, he dropped out of University on purpose b/c he couldnt wait to make Microsoft, it used to be Micro-Soft. He also failed purposly in Language Arts and History in school and did extremely well in Math and Science for two reasons. One- he likes Math and Science better. Two- back then girls got better grades than boys and he would be made fun of well thats what he thought if he did what he was capable of and got grades like a girl.

posted on Jul, 1 2006 @ 07:58 PM
link   
gates is dead !!!

whodda thunk it

he had the guts to go into IBM's offices, and tell then he had an operating system ready when he didn't, and that they should stay with the hardware and let him handle the software. then he stole an OS and told IBM it was his.

and oh yeah, there's that whole bundling thing and planned incompatability stuff...

posted on Jul, 1 2006 @ 08:29 PM
link   
He aint dead I saw him just a month ago in 2006.

Bad joke. But I kindov did smile but not exactly a smile.

posted on Jul, 2 2006 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Oh wild cat, i read about that to, the book is suppposedly called The Master Key System by Charles F. Haanel. I wonder how true that is, considering the amout of rumours and myths surrounding him.

posted on Jul, 2 2006 @ 06:23 PM
link   
wild cat, do you think you could maybe u2u me and explain more indepth if possible? If you could it would be great, i would be indebted to you, thanks man

Edit: I guess no one else has anything to say about him, oh well

[edit on 2-7-2006 by malakiem]

posted on Jul, 2 2006 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by syrinx high priest
gates is dead !!!

whodda thunk it

WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What is the deal with that? People believe he is dead?!?

-- Boat

posted on Jul, 3 2006 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Yeah that site is a little weird to say the least
Looks like someone just trying to make a buck of the hype or something. They sell all kinds of tshirts, mugs etc..

posted on Jul, 3 2006 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Does anyone know any good websites were anyone can chat or research or debate about how wealthy got rich? Like a website for bill gates, george soros, etc for active discusions on how these men made there money?

posted on Jul, 3 2006 @ 01:03 PM
link   
LOOOOOL Bill Gates is dead??? So he has been dead for 6 years?? No way they can't cover that up for so long, it's impossible.

I believe Bill Gates was a great man. C'mon people he gave us Windows! Go work with Linux for a week, believe me you'll miss Windows after an hour.

posted on Jul, 3 2006 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by malakiem
Does anyone know any good websites were anyone can chat or research or debate about how wealthy got rich? Like a website for bill gates, george soros, etc for active discusions on how these men made there money?

Look bill gates up in google, I have found websites where he talks about his guide to becoming wealthy.

posted on Jul, 3 2006 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Yeah, I saw him briefly on MTV when flipping throught he channels earlier this month. Bill Gates is not dead, so could someone please explain this whole BillGatesIsDead.com junk? I'd appreciate it!

posted on Jul, 3 2006 @ 03:29 PM
link   
You may have already been here, but nonetheless, Wikipedia is usually my first stop for these kinds of things:

What Wikipedia says about Bill

posted on Jul, 3 2006 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Bill Gates is a rich dude, yeah. As far as any secret society connections, I find no evidence for it. He doesn't come from the old money or the old aristocratic societies of the east. He is somewhat a rebel and his empire is part of the new money crowd.

He is pretty unscrupulous in biz and such, but as far as evil secret societies go and world domination, i think if gates wants to take over the world, he wont waste his time in some boys club. Hell do it alone.

posted on Jul, 3 2006 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by wildcat

Originally posted by malakiem

Look bill gates up in google, I have found websites where he talks about his guide to becoming wealthy.

I've been interested in this too and havent found very much. There are some decent forums, but no really good ones devoted to it.

Wildcat, what do you mean about Bill Gates talking about his guide to becoming wealthy?

I have heard that in college Bill read a book called "The Master Key System" which is part of what sparked him to dropout and start Microsoft
I have ordered the book and will try to let you know how it is if you want?

[edit on 3-7-2006 by warpboost]

posted on Jul, 5 2006 @ 08:21 AM
link   
I would like to know to warpboost, or it could be that book wildcat sent me. Suposedly that book he read is true, suposedly. I highy doubt anyone can answer your question though, i hope they can. All i know is bill made a big connection when he married melinda.

posted on Jul, 5 2006 @ 09:58 AM
link   
There is a movie called Pirates of Silicon Valley that talks about how Bill Gates made his money. It follows the rise of both Microsoft and Apple simultaneously, and has characters like Gates himself, Steve Jobs, Steve Wozniak, and Steve Ballmer, amongst others. It should give you a good start.

posted on Jul, 5 2006 @ 12:26 PM
link   
I was gonna go into buisness but the career test showed that that was second last after art on what I would like. It said I would like resources the most and engineering. I guess I should go join beyond petroluem b/c that sounds like fun. The readings of that test about buisness means I would be bored sitting at a desk all day making phone calls and punching in buttons on a computer with no one to talk to. So for engineerin, I think it would be fun drawling out blue prints for a house or rockets b/c I do know a little about rocket science and astrophysics sounds like a useful thing to know so I will take that class instead of buisness. But one thing I have to remember is that Im bad at math, astrophysics caculations would be hard so I proably will need to find outside help with it.

posted on Jul, 6 2006 @ 04:00 PM
link   
warpboost i sent you a u2u if you got it.

top topics

join