It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"GIs accused of raping woman, killing family"

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2006 @ 03:28 PM
link   
news.yahoo.com...

say what you will, and do what you want, this war is reeking the stench of Vietnam...

posted on Jun, 30 2006 @ 03:39 PM
link   
yeah I see what your saying...though I don't know what else you expect. People living, surviving in a war zone...constantly on edge...always aware that today could be their last night on earth. It makes people do crazy stuff. It's the politicians and the people behind the war that is to blame.
Not that I'm letting saddam off the hook. He was a jerk too. It seems all the worst people are at the top of the food chain.
"...and the meek will inherit the earth..." hopefully.

posted on Jun, 30 2006 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Brutal thugs in uniform. The article states that they were overheard to have said they'd seen the woman on previous patrols and planned this attack. Premeditated and Evil. They deserve the death sentence.

No wonder the Japanese are getting out.

posted on Jun, 30 2006 @ 03:56 PM
link   
actually, this can be closed, as there is an exact same thread with more replies somewhere else. i just wanted to this to get out.

posted on Jun, 30 2006 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by karby
actually, this can be closed, as there is an exact same thread with more replies somewhere else. i just wanted to this to get out.

No prob man, the other thread is in ATSNN. We allow 1 in the News Network and another on the board.

posted on Jul, 1 2006 @ 02:12 AM
link   
Already I'm hearing the pro-war spokepeople and pundits telling us not to rush to conclusions; that in the heat and confusion of battle sometimes innocent civilians may get killed in the crossfire.

Now, I certainly don't think most of our troops commit atrocities, but I have to ask: how does someone get raped in a crossfire?

posted on Jul, 1 2006 @ 03:26 AM
link   
an illegal war, and invasion of a soveriegn country. you will get what u deserve, and that includes du for all in the war theatre.

posted on Jul, 1 2006 @ 07:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by karby
news.yahoo.com...

say what you will, and do what you want, this war is reeking the stench of Vietnam...

Yes it is, with possibly even worse repurcussions.

Originally posted by rizla

Brutal thugs in uniform. The article states that they were overheard to have said they'd seen the woman on previous patrols and planned this attack. Premeditated and Evil. They deserve the death sentence.

Compensation needs to be paid to the Iraqi people, and then the troops have to withdrawl.

Originally posted by Flatwoods
Already I'm hearing the pro-war spokepeople and pundits telling us not to rush to conclusions; that in the heat and confusion of battle sometimes innocent civilians may get killed in the crossfire.

That's Faux News for you.

Originally posted by Flatwoods
Now, I certainly don't think most of our troops commit atrocities, but I have to ask: how does someone get raped in a crossfire?

Therein lies the question that already has the answer. You know what the answer is, I do too.

Originally posted by ThomasT
an illegal war, and invasion of a soveriegn country. you will get what u deserve, and that includes du for all in the war theatre.

It is not what the Iraqis deserve.

posted on Jul, 1 2006 @ 10:58 PM
link   

If they deserve the death sentence what do the damn extreamists deserve, you know the ones that cut peoples heads off, string up and burn humman bodies all the while praising allah???????? Its war and it makes you do #ed up thing, life in prision not the death sentence

posted on Jul, 1 2006 @ 11:55 PM
link   
GIs may have planned Iraq rape, slayings

'Investigators believe American soldiers spent nearly a week plotting an attack in which they raped an Iraqi woman, then killed her and her family in an insurgent-ridden area south of Baghdad, a U.S. military official said Saturday.

The official, speaking on condition of anonymity because the investigation is ongoing, said the attack appeared "totally premeditated" and that the soldiers apparently "studied" the family for about a week before carrying out the attack.'

Their actions were premeditated. If this happened in the USA, they would probably get the death penalty. Should they be subject to the law of their own land? Personally, I am against the death penalty on principle. What punishment should they receive if proven guilty?

[edit on 2-7-2006 by rizla]

posted on Jul, 2 2006 @ 12:23 AM
link   
If this turns out to be true, then by itself it means nothing. The soldiers in question will be dealt with fairly by a military court. But this isn't the only such incident; several have come to light in recent weeks. The important question is whether or not this is becoming a problem among our troops. I've heard some stories about this and have read some rather disturbing reports about how some of our servicemen are beginning to treat Iraqi citizens. This, in conjunction with reports of rampant prescription drug abuse among the troops is reason for concern. At the very least, we should be vigilant about the situation.

posted on Jul, 2 2006 @ 02:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by 18XRay

If they deserve the death sentence what do the damn extreamists deserve, you know the ones that cut peoples heads off, string up and burn humman bodies all the while praising allah???????? Its war and it makes you do #ed up thing, life in prision not the death sentence

Thats true....and I wouldnt be surprised if this wasnt retailation for the sortsd of things these muslim extremists do, like mutilate dead bodies of soldiers etc...

posted on Jul, 2 2006 @ 02:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by XphilesPhanI wouldnt be surprised if this wasnt retailation for the sortsd of things these muslim extremists do, like mutilate dead bodies of soldiers etc...

First off, Do you have evidence this woman and her family were Iraqi insurgents mutilating bodies?

Second off, the rape, murder, and burning of this Iraqi family occurred after that incident if you were to read the article...

The official told the AP the accused soldiers were from the same platoon as the two slain soldiers. The military has said one and possibly both of the slain soldiers were tortured and beheaded.

The official said the mutilation of the slain soldiers stirred feelings of guilt and led at least one of them to reveal the rape-slaying on June 22.

Just a question, are you trying to excuse what these soldiers did?

posted on Jul, 2 2006 @ 02:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jamuhn

Originally posted by XphilesPhanI wouldnt be surprised if this wasnt retailation for the sortsd of things these muslim extremists do, like mutilate dead bodies of soldiers etc...

First off, Do you have evidence this woman and her family were Iraqi insurgents mutilating bodies?

Second off, the rape, murder, and burning of this Iraqi family occurred after that incident if you were to read the article...

The official told the AP the accused soldiers were from the same platoon as the two slain soldiers. The military has said one and possibly both of the slain soldiers were tortured and beheaded.

The official said the mutilation of the slain soldiers stirred feelings of guilt and led at least one of them to reveal the rape-slaying on June 22.

Just a question, are you trying to excuse what these soldiers did?

actually I am well aware of the fact this event occured BEFORE the kidnapping and beheading of two soldiers last week (or the week before).

I was refering to the habbit of mutilation by insurgents of american troop's bodies....you dont think that has angered american troops?

take a look at haditha, those people paid dearly for the actions of the insurgents...

1 marine killed = 24 civilians dead

arabs as a whole understand fear and intimidation because that is all several generations of them have ever known and as a result they tend to bow to it....

I think the idea here is if the iraqi civilians fear the retailiation of american troops more than the retailition of outing the insurgents to coalition forces....the tide may turn very quickly in Iraq.

I work with these soldiers and understand how strong that bond between them is...

I am not making excuses....but did they really think such things would go unpunished?

posted on Jul, 2 2006 @ 02:53 AM
link   

I think the idea here is if the iraqi civilians fear the retailiation of american troops more than the retailition of outing the insurgents to coalition forces....the tide may turn very quickly in Iraq.

Well, that is essentially the idea of terrorism. Terrorizing civilians to follow their own political purpose. I'm not really sure what you are trying to insinuate with your statement above. If the rape, murder, and mutilation of civilians to evoke a fear of retaliation are accepted means of defeating an insurgency, then I'm afraid that civilization has already lost. The ends do not justify the means.

posted on Jul, 2 2006 @ 05:25 AM
link   

I work with these soldiers and understand how strong that bond between them is...

I am not making excuses....but did they really think such things would go unpunished?

after reading this i couldnt stop laughing

since in your eyes and the eyes of the soliders who commited this act
then it must been ok for the 9/11 suicide hijackers to have taken control of the 3 planes and kill over 3000 cuvilians since they did it because they wanted things that the US did go unpunished and as you make it out to look like cuvilians are fair play

posted on Jul, 2 2006 @ 05:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by XphilesPhan
take a look at haditha, those people paid dearly for the actions of the insurgents...

1 marine killed = 24 civilians dead

And was this act of Revenge FINE in your eyes?

Serving as a reminder of collective punishment upon Iraqi Civilan population?

Yeah I remember Nazi soldiers did the same thing where the Resistance was strong and they could not win the "Hearts and Minds" so they were using plan B:

Relatilate on Civilain Population and maybe they will stop supporting the Resistance.

Not very Smart I must say...

arabs as a whole understand fear and intimidation because that is all several generations of them have ever known and as a result they tend to bow to it....

Yeah sure!

And you know that from...?

US Army Field Manual?

How many A-rabs do you know?

And that is a GOOD thing?

It is GOOD that the Iraqi Civilans Fear the US Troops?

Fear leads to Anger.

Anger leads to Hatred.

Hatred leads to Suffering.

Fear is the path to the Dark Side...

Now we understand why you stand here - you work with US soldiers!

So ofcourse you will always seem that as Saints fighting the Devil.

And do you think that Rapings, Killings and Burning of a Iraqi WOMAN will go Un-Punished too?

posted on Jul, 3 2006 @ 01:10 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 3 2006 @ 01:31 PM
link   
If they are found guilty of premeditated murder and rape, they should get life in prison or death. The same applies to the other side. Both sides deserve a fair trial to determine whether they are guilty or not before applying the appropriate penalties.

posted on Jul, 3 2006 @ 01:33 PM
link   

First of all, you cant't believe everything that comes out of a war zone, especially from the enemy. (Maybe NOT the enemy). IF these charges are proven to be true, they should be publicly executed just to make an example and show the Iraqi people we ARE a country of laws. (Of course, that will never happen). I find it hard to believe that our soldiers would rape and torture a 15 year old girl. If they did, I'd be the first to pull the trap door on the hangman's platform. Let's wait and see if these charges are true; if it's even possible for that to happen in that climate. What a sad, sad situation.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join