It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

History of AF Weather Modification??!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2006 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Okay, ya'll. This is real.

www.dtc.army.mil...

posted on Jun, 30 2006 @ 07:59 PM
link   
Well, that is interesting. At first I only looked at page08 where the link leads, then I saw the rest. Maybe a more seasoned person on here can shed light on this.

You should have linked it to the first page, it sounds more intriguing:
TTS '97 - Weather Modification
WEATHER MODIFICATION
Test Technology Symposium ‘97
Session B:
Advanced Weapon/Instrumentation Technologies
John Hopkins University/Applied Physics Laboratory

posted on Jun, 30 2006 @ 08:20 PM
link   
"The U. N. Convention on the Prohibition of Military or any other Hostile Use of Environmental Modification, which went into effect 5 October 1978, applies only to 'widespread, long-lasting or severe' environmental modifications.
-Local, non-permanent changes, such as
precipitation enhancement, hail suppression

Since 1978 the official Air Force position has been that weather modification had little utility or military payoff as a weapon of war. The official Air Force position needs to be reevaluated:
-In the light of 19 years of scientific advances
-In the light of advanced weapon systems
which are more environmentally sensitive
-To prepare against technological surprise"

posted on Jul, 2 2006 @ 04:02 PM
link   
I totally believe the government can control the weather. Not totally, but they are getting better at it. I felt that way for awhile and I have not researched it or anything.

I guess I shouldn' say government, it is the iluminati (probably spelled it wrong). In my opinion.

posted on Jul, 2 2006 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Yeah it was quite real look into "Project Popeye" in Vietnam all real though just how effective it was is debatable.

As aecreate mentioned though Hostile Use of Weather control has been internationaly banned for quite some time. It would clearly have huge peaceful beneifits and countries are free to pursue it for that reason and there still isnt any practical way to effect it in any major way.

Even theories on how it could be done require insane amounts of energy like 10-100% percent of the US total energy production if you wanted to heat the ionosphere to change weather patterens.

top topics

join