It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Most of Religions are just for removing humans afraid of death

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2003 @ 06:30 AM
link   
Actually that is one reason for them nowdays.
Later it was that the priest cained a great authoritory
in middle age, i think that then most priest did that only for the power they got themself, dont think they did it for God but only for themselfs.
I dont mean all religions are for nothing only the ones where they belive some higher power and afterlife paradise (like most of them)
Still i think those are interesting in mythology way...

posted on Oct, 25 2003 @ 07:12 AM
link   
Hanza.....Where are they removing them to???
I mean, I agree that many people do use Religion as to justify what they have to say....but to remove humans to where?

Hanza Quote///I dont mean all religions are for nothing only the ones where they belive some higher power and afterlife paradise (like most of them)

So why then have Religion? do not all religions teach about the After life???
helen...

posted on Oct, 25 2003 @ 11:35 AM
link   
I agree some religions, or atleast the way they are taught and understood by many people, have a hang up with death vs. life, good vs. evil, etc. Also known as "Fear". That fear leads many to go to amazing lengths to try and control their fear or the unavoidable destiny that awaits them. It's pretty stupid and narrow minded also but usually cause they do not understand their Religion of choice any deeper than how it's been told to them. The Western Religions are at this point in time well known for this, but only by those who are missing the point behind that which they spend so much time misunderstanding. Eastern Religions such as Hinduism, Buddhism and Taoism on the other hand give a much more clear and understandable perspective toward such ideas. I personally recommend that one study atleast the root forms of these first and then the "Spookier" Westernized Versions are a bit more understandable.

Why so many Religions twist and manipulate Death or Suffering and Afterlife Rewards I don't know. I've come to the conclusion it was a great way to use Fear as a tool to control what other people did while they are alive. A selfish, petty, wussy, thoughtless tactic done in malace toward their fellow man. Truely sad!!

new topics

join