It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reagan Dime

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2006 @ 11:11 PM
link   
OMG they have come out with a ten cent i.e. dime that has Reagans face on it... that pisses me off.

posted on Jun, 30 2006 @ 03:46 PM
link   
They tried to make a Nixon quarter, but it kept coming out crooked!

[edit on 30-6-2006 by Excitable_Boy]

posted on Jul, 1 2006 @ 05:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wings
OMG they have come out with a ten cent i.e. dime that has Reagans face on it... that pisses me off.

Perhaps explaining just why you are angry would help people understand your point of posting. Do you not like Reagan (if not, why), dimes (again, if not, why)... what's the scoop?

posted on Jul, 1 2006 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bripe Klmun

Originally posted by Wings

Perhaps explaining just why you are angry would help people understand your point of posting. Do you not like Reagan (if not, why), dimes (again, if not, why)... what's the scoop?

... well dimes aren't my favorite money coin but bitching about to picture on the coin. He made some choices as president that helped screw the poor and he was in favor of trickle down economics. His tax cuts hurt more ppl than it helped

posted on Jul, 1 2006 @ 08:43 PM
link   
THere have never been falling prices in the history of a unbacked money system.

Prices have always risen.. Hurting the poor and those on fixed incomes.

Inflation is a tax...

Inflation is work you do for which you dont get any goods or services. Just like a tax..work you do for which you dont get any goods or services.

Hence inflation is disguised taxation. Find any expert on the news or media who will tell you this truth.

The correct term for inflation is depreciation. Loss of purchasing power of the moneys.

This goes on no matter what party is in office..because this always happens in a unbacked money system..also called fiat.

Inflation always falls hardest on the poor and retired..on fixed incomes..this has been known since the founding of this country after the failed Continental Notes.

Try ..."Money in Colonial New England" by the Federal Reserve Bank of New York.

Thanks,
Orangetom

posted on Jul, 1 2006 @ 08:45 PM
link   
THis means dont worry whose face is on this dime or the next...unless it is made of silver or gold..not plated...it will always buy less as the years go by. Whose face is on it is a confidence trick.

Orangetom

posted on Jul, 3 2006 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Don't get too pissed off....it's not made by the US Mint...it's made by a private company. It isn't even a real dime....

posted on Jul, 3 2006 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Excitable_Boy
They tried to make a Nixon quarter, but it kept coming out crooked!

That was the best zinger I have heard in a long time!

*Smiles*

Thank you!

JDub

posted on Jul, 4 2006 @ 01:23 PM
link   
I'm just pissed that they are considering putting Reagan on the lowly dime. He should be on the $100 bill. That would be more appropriate! Then after that...Mt. Rushmore!

posted on Jul, 4 2006 @ 04:44 PM
link   

That was the best zinger I have heard in a long time!

*Smiles*

Thank you!

JDub

Thanks JDub....glad I have a fan out there. I like to keep things light...and I'm pretty sarcastic by nature anyway!!

new topics

top topics

join