It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gaza militants say fired chemical-tipped warhead...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2006 @ 10:37 AM
link   
OOPS The Palestinians just screwed the pooch if this is true! I found this on Drudge let me know your thoughts. I honestly believe it is propaganda but who knows for shure these days..

today.reuters.com...

GAZA (Reuters) - A spokesman for gunmen in the Gaza Strip said they had fired a rocket tipped with a chemical warhead at Israel early on Thursday.

The Israeli army had no immediate comment on the claim by the spokesman from the al-Aqsa Martyrs Brigades, an armed wing of Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas's Fatah movement.

The group had recently claimed to possess about 20 biological warheads for the makeshift rockets commonly fired from Gaza at Israeli towns. This was the first time the group had claimed firing such a rocket.

"The al-Aqsa Brigades have fired one rocket with a chemical warhead" at southern Israel, Abu Qusai, a spokesman for the group, said in Gaza.

An Israeli military spokeswoman said the army had not detected that any such rocket was fired, nor was there any report of such a weapon hitting Israel.

[edit on 01/22/1971 by lakewoodrealtor]

posted on Jun, 29 2006 @ 10:43 AM
link   
If they did, i think things will heat up even more, the source is a good source right?

Or was this just lies from the palestinian side?

posted on Jun, 29 2006 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Denied
If they did, i think things will heat up even more, the source is a good source right?

Or was this just lies from the palestinian side?

Well it was on the Ap site linked from Drudge but as i said above it could just be Palestinian propaganda. I am waiting and further info from the ATS community.

posted on Jun, 29 2006 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Found some other sources reporting this.

www.swissinfo.org...

www.smh.com.au...

www.heraldsun.news.com.au...

At least 30 tanks rolled into the northern Gaza Strip, where militants claimed they had fired a rocket tipped with a chemical warhead at Israel.

Why is this only been reported in this sources, not from europe or US??

[edit on 29-6-2006 by Denied]

posted on Jun, 29 2006 @ 10:52 AM
link   
A technological breakthru by the vaunted 'Palestinian' industriomilitary complex...

What did they do? Spray the warhead with Raid?

Yes! I know... I am a bad man.

posted on Jun, 29 2006 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Why is this only been reported in this sources, not from europe or US??

Well i believe that it is being kept kind of under wraps for the simple reason that if it is true the US will need to get involved and things will get super ugly super fast. Isn't Chemical weapons the whole reason we are jacking with Sadams place?? Oops i meant OIL. Anyway If non conventional weapons are being used it just means bad things are around the corner in my opinon.

posted on Jun, 29 2006 @ 11:00 AM
link   
This is odd.

Firstly, wouldn't a LOT of people be VERY well aware if a chemical weapon was fired into Israel?

Secondly, you'd think that the retaliation would be pretty darned heavy.

Doesn't make any sense to me!

posted on Jun, 29 2006 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Djarums
This is odd.

Firstly, wouldn't a LOT of people be VERY well aware if a chemical weapon was fired into Israel?

Secondly, you'd think that the retaliation would be pretty darned heavy.

Doesn't make any sense to me!

I totaly agree with you Djarums i would expect some serious stuff from Israel. It is known that Israel is a small country BUT you just dont jack with them. The have shown tremendous restraint for a very lenghty time if this is true it could be the staw that broke the camels back.

posted on Jun, 29 2006 @ 12:09 PM
link   
so can anyone verify this from any other sources that are given.
Or is it a last chance ditch from the palestinians to "get back" at Israel, and this amounts to nothing.

posted on Jun, 29 2006 @ 12:17 PM
link   
If WMD is used and actually causes damage, make no mistake, there will no shortage of news coverage of the event.

If a tree falls in the forest does it make a sound? If a chemical rocket lands in the middle of the desert and corrodes some sand, does anyone notice?

posted on Jun, 29 2006 @ 02:11 PM
link   
This was reported on ATS yesterday:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please continue the debate there.
Closed.

new topics

top topics

join