It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Yates - Waste Of Skin. Kill Her.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2006 @ 08:39 AM
link   
I've written before that I am an advocate of the death penalty in cases that are open and shut.

Seven-year-old Noah Yates struggled so hard as his mother drowned him that his small fists remained stiff and raised over his head hours later, the medical examiner testified Wednesday.

www.cnn.com...

What an undescribable horror. You have to assume that in his efforts to save himself that he was screaming his mommies name, amongst other things. How can the monster who birthed these children drown all 5, and claim to be innocent. Those poor little souls.
She should already be dead. Insanity - BS! She MURDERED her 5 little children by holding them under water while they cried, screamed, and looked up through the water at her as their lives were fading away. I can't even imagine.
Want to tell me that there is nothing wrong with the system. Waste of taxpayers dollars is all it is.

posted on Jun, 29 2006 @ 08:46 AM
link   
It is very disturbing, i agree- but women do suffer from various degrees of post-partum depression. I never became a murderer, but i had two children and was left not in the best frame of mind. I am cured now (can you tell) and ok. In her case, i think it became extreme.

posted on Jun, 29 2006 @ 08:47 AM
link   
32 cents worth of lead would have saved the taxpayers a lot of money and saved the remaining family tons of grief.

Waste of skin is correct. She does not DESERVE to be alive.

[edit on 29-6-2006 by Alpha Grey]

posted on Jun, 29 2006 @ 08:56 AM
link   

It is very disturbing, i agree- but women do suffer from various degrees of post-partum depression. I never became a murderer, but i had two children and was left not in the best frame of mind. I am cured now (can you tell) and ok. In her case, i think it became extreme.

I am aware of post partum depression, and I know that it is a very real sickness. My wife suffered with it, but she never EVER thought of hurting our children. (She took most of her rage out on me!)
Bottom line, she DROWNED all five of her children in a bathtub. How terrified do you think the children were when they realized what was happening.
The children were 6 months, 2 years, 3 years, 5 years, and 7 years old. The 5 & 7 year olds would have been cognizant enough to realize what was happening, and the 3 year old would know enough to be scared to go into the tub where he was used to getting his bathies.
I respect your opinion, and am very glad that you are cured, but I respectfully disagree with ANY argument to defend her.

posted on Jun, 29 2006 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by lombozo
Insanity - BS!

I always get a real kick out of this Insanity business, HA! like it takes a psychiatrist to figure out this woman is insane.....I know 5 year olds that'll tell you she's flat out crazy!!!

I say put her in here and let 'em sort it all out.

Remember, death is often the easy way out, to suffer long days and nights, for decades, is often a greater sentence.

posted on Jun, 29 2006 @ 09:08 AM
link   

I say put her in here and let 'em sort it all out.

Remember, death is often the easy way out, to suffer long days and nights, for decades, is often a greater sentence.

I hope she gets at least that, and not some country club psychiatric ward. I still believe that she should die. I've heard before that it costs tens of thousands of dollars a year to maintain a prisoner. Save the money, and buy some computers for schools, or help out a brave Veteran who is now homeless, and hungry on the streets.
I've said it before and will say it again, the death penalty for OPEN AND SHUT cases should be mandatory and swift.

posted on Jun, 29 2006 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by lombozo

I respect your opinion, and am very glad that you are cured, but I respectfully disagree with ANY argument to defend her.
Her actions were that of a monster and she should and will be punished. I'm not sticking up for her, i'm just saying that women can become very ill, as you experienced yourself.
I agree that she should be locked up for her crimes. I'd rather have her suffer a lifetime than to see her put to death, though. IMO, these sick people need a lifetime in solitary to think about how badly they screwed up their lives and the lives of those poor children.

posted on Jun, 29 2006 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Her actions were that of a monster and she should and will be punished. I'm not sticking up for her, i'm just saying that women can become very ill, as you experienced yourself.
I agree that she should be locked up for her crimes. I'd rather have her suffer a lifetime than to see her put to death, though. IMO, these sick people need a lifetime in solitary to think about how badly they screwed up their lives and the lives of those poor children.

Point well taken. You provide a very valid argument. However that being said, I still believe that instead of paying for these monsters to live, that the monies used to maintain their existence should be put to better use. I'm pulling numbers out of the air here but let's say that there are 1,000 "Monsters" who there is no doubt they are guilty of murder, rape, etc.... Now let's say it costs 20 thousand dollars a year to maintain a life for each inmate. Add that up and it comes to 20 million dollars a year. There are so many things that money could be used for. As I mentioned in a previous post, computers for schools, food and shelter for the less fortunate, helping the elderly afford needed prescriptions. Have you ever seen an elderly person have to choose between a needed prescription or food? I have, and it is heart wrenching. I paid for an elderly womans prescription when I witnessed this. I don't even know her name, but she wept when I did this small thing for her.
Yates, and those like her will not have to make those decisions. She will get 3 square meals a day, medical assistance if she falls ill.
That money could be used for many things, and her existence shouldn't be one of them. Her crime is so heinous. There's no "ooops" factor here. No "Ooops I accidently killed a child". FIVE children one by one. How long a period of time do you think this took.

posted on Jun, 29 2006 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Lombozo, You do know it costs more to put someone to death than put them in jail for a lifetime?
Check it out. Its not cheaper, after all the appeals, etc. :shk:

posted on Jun, 29 2006 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Lombozo, You do know it costs more to put someone to death than put them in jail for a lifetime?
Check it out. Its not cheaper, after all the appeals, etc.

Crazy isn't it? That's another part of my point. Again I must stress that I am speaking of cases that are airtight.
Like the BTK killer, that Monster who was caught on video abducting that little girl, raping & murdering her, that woman who put her kids in the car and drove into a lake drowning them, Charles Manson, this Yates lady, and cases like that. No appeals, no nothing, just take care of the problem immediately.

posted on Jun, 30 2006 @ 05:29 AM
link   
this is why none of my friends want me to have a gun. i'm all about vigilante justice.

posted on Jul, 11 2006 @ 11:48 PM
link   
Yates has a DSM IV diagnosis of full blown schizophrenia. From what I know, I would say that it is a correct diagnosis, not blown out of proportion by her defense.

Now, there is no excusing what she did. What happened to those poor innocent children should never have happened, not in anyone's wildest nightmare. However, this Yates woman is truly barking mad. She has a genuine disease.

In my opinion, we are much safer with her off the streets (whether she is locked up or put to death.)

Really though, should we put to death someone is who this ill? It's not as if she could have prevented her disease. It's not like she did anything to bring it on.

Believe me, I am a mother, and if someone harmed my child I would want to do the most unspeakable things to that person. When I think about Yates too long, I want to do the same to her.

As a matter of principle though, what should we, a civilized culture, do with those who are so mentally ill, so diseased, that they could commit the unspeakable? It is only a twist of fate that it wasn't one of us who lost our minds.

posted on Jul, 12 2006 @ 12:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by wellwhatnow
Really though, should we put to death someone is who this ill? It's not as if she could have prevented her disease. It's not like she did anything to bring it on.

yes. if you're sick enough to harm another individual for absolutely no reason, you're sick enough to die for it.

this civilized crap has gone WAY too far. if we're not going to rid ourselves of murderers because it's not 'civilized', i for on want absolutely no part of civilization.

bunch of screaming marys, i swear.

new topics

top topics

join