It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hello everyone from another angry Scientist

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2006 @ 02:34 PM
link   
My name is Abe. I'm living in small central Utah town. I have been looking at the posting here for a while and am glade to find so many people with simular interests.

I am interested in electronics, physics, government, law, and things that make societies posiable.

I have been into electronics from a very early age; I got my Amateur Radio license when I was eleven. Althow I did not use the license to communicate very much I did fall in love with the electronic theory.

I did not start my life with a desire for things having to do with the law. My father had been studying it to try and prevent its deleterious use on himself. He and his friends have given me some useful and profound insites on just how the world works and the mental concepts needed to comprehend it.

I am an evolving being that is still trying to map external rality in to concepts in my mind. I thank you for your perspective and opinions you provide.

Living and learning, Abe

[edit on 28-6-2006 by angryScientist]

posted on Jun, 28 2006 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Welcome AngryScientist!

Sounds like you'll have a long and fruitful stay at ATS.

Have a great time!

posted on Jun, 28 2006 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Welcome angry scientist...
have some happiness on me

Educated perspectives on things scientific are always in demand on this board...
I would expect that you will be very popular...

see ya on the boards, and always feel free to u2u me with questions
(you will need a certain number of posts, before u2uing is opened up for you)
So post away...

posted on Jun, 28 2006 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Welcoem to ATS Abe.
I'm looking forward to your contibutions.

posted on Jun, 28 2006 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Welcome Abe, care to share why you chose the name AngryScientist? I know of a few reasons that I would, but I'm interested in what you have to say.

posted on Jun, 28 2006 @ 07:47 PM
link   
I have "mad scientist" for my email and I tried to get it here but it was taken.

Sientist because I am facinated by new discoveries and technologies. I believe that the process of learning is indeed the scientific method.
1. Observation; using the scenses to determine the state of things
2. Formulating a hypothesis; building a mental model or concept
3. Predicting; projecting that mental model into the future to determine its possible state
4. Experiment; puting your self in a position of possible benifit
I blelieve that the word comprehend applies also: com(together)- pre(before)- hendere(catch). Using that mental model to predict the future and put myself in a position to benifit.
I am try comprehend the world that I am living in and make my life more comfortable and secure.

Angry or mad because I find myself in a position of being 'caught' and taken advantage of with in this society. People around me behave in a maner that is consistant with their beliefs. Unfortunately, their beliefs are clearly not in accordance with what is evident and in some instances is contrary to evidence. The whole thing looks like it is a system of controling humans by subterfuge.

If it didn't damage or hurt me as much as it does I wouldn't care. Or if it didn't affect the course of my life to such a degree I could tolerate it. If I had an effective recourse to the system that forces its self upon me I wouldn't be so angry.

These are strong words from just a little human. We are all animals on this planet and I have that will to live that all animals possess. That is why 'angry'.

posted on Jun, 28 2006 @ 10:31 PM
link   
Welcome to the board angryScientist! Have fun

posted on Jun, 28 2006 @ 11:18 PM
link   
If only everyone could be so logical and thorough when referring to their anger... you almost make it sound like it's not an emotion and instead a rational state of mind.

Then again, I have yet to witness the budding of a great scientist who was rational by all standards.

posted on Jun, 29 2006 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Hi, angry scientist!

I got my general ticket when I was 15; "KC6UZ" in the Caroline islands, now the Federated States of Micronesia. However, I haven't been in ham radio since then; i understand they use these little tiny tube thingies now called "transistors" or something.

I am an engineer, though, working at a helicopter factory in Arizona. Although I'm not sure exactly where you live, if it's anywhere near Panguitch, you live in one of my favorite towns.

Welcome to the boards and ATS!

posted on Jul, 8 2006 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Hello there angryScientist, welcome to ATS!

I hope that you enjoy your stay here.

Need help with the site? Find it here.

---->ATS help files

Don't forget to have fun while you're here.

Check out some of the forums on BelowTopSecret

Mechanic 32.

top topics

join