It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Please debunk this fake moon-landing theory

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2006 @ 08:58 AM
link   
The Moon is a quarter of a million miles away, yet no one has ever flown up more than 1000 miles and that was once 40 years ago. Right now the highest flights are only 300 miles up to fix the Hubble. Unmanned flight fly all sorts of orbits most much higher. If they could fly higher they would, Sputnik 2 flew higher than any manned mission. Why not try comparing Apollo to real Space Travel rather than speculation about some far off place you will never go to. What are real EVAs like and how often do they take place, notice they were to busy to golf on the Space Station.

posted on Jul, 1 2006 @ 09:20 AM
link   
And you can prove this how? As far as the golf on the space station, EVAs have extra time built into them. That way if they have a problem then they can stay out and fix it, without having to do another EVA. If they finish on schedule then they have extra time to do other things.

posted on Jul, 1 2006 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Openfire, you need to study up on the concept of black body radiation

That might help you understand how the capsule cooled off.

posted on Jul, 1 2006 @ 10:30 AM
link   
my linky trumps your linky

debunked

have the mirror's left on the moon by three different missions been brough up ?

mirror stuff

commercial moon tourism anyone ?
lets chip in and send simon !

jra

posted on Jul, 1 2006 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Looter
If they could fly higher they would

This is totaly true. If the Shuttle was capable of more than just LEO they would certainly fly higher. It's limitations are not technological limitations, it was designed to be an orbiter and nothing more.

Why not try comparing Apollo to real Space Travel rather than speculation about some far off place you will never go to.

But Apollo was real space travel. Unless you have some evidence that says otherwise...

What are real EVAs like and how often do they take place, notice they were to busy to golf on the Space Station.

They were pretty busy on the lunar EVA's as well. Have you actually read up on what all they did? If all you think they did was drive around and play golf, then you're sadly mistaken. Besides... where would one play golf on the ISS?

posted on Jul, 1 2006 @ 08:04 PM
link   
If you could fly to the Moon you would, but you cant so you dont. Exactly.

posted on Jul, 1 2006 @ 09:04 PM
link   
It was cold war back then Russians had good technology like Americans. They has listening devices that can listen to Radio talk in space. With that technology and their space race no du they would listen to the US on their mission to the moon so if the Russians suspected that the US was faking wouldnt they announce it to the world? Yes they would.

posted on Jul, 3 2006 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by openfire

Can anyone refute this man's argument that the moon landings never happened?

My brother is one of the last remaining Apollo era scientists left at NASA
[the rest have retired.]

Could he have been lying to me all these years

posted on Jul, 4 2006 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ivanova

Can anyone refute this man's argument that the moon landings never happened?

My brother is one of the last remaining Apollo era scientists left at NASA
[the rest have retired.]

Could he have been lying to me all these years

Well, technically it is possible that he was lying to you, but it's also possible that there was a fake moon landing and he was out of the loop.

posted on Jul, 4 2006 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Well, technically it is possible that he was lying to you,
but it's also possible that there was a fake moon landing
and he was out of the loop.

But he's NASA's planetary expert...
While he might not know if the photos
were taken in Arizona, He would know
if the lunar rocks came from there

posted on Jul, 4 2006 @ 11:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by wildcat
It was cold war back then Russians had good technology like Americans. They has listening devices that can listen to Radio talk in space. With that technology and their space race no du they would listen to the US on their mission to the moon so if the Russians suspected that the US was faking wouldnt they announce it to the world? Yes they would.

That's just speculation. It's impossible to know what the Russians would or would not have done.

If in fact there really was a fake moon landing, and given the sheer size of the cover-up/conspiracy that would have to have been undertaken, that it's impossible to know for certain if the Russians themselves may have been involved in the conspiracy. Who knows?

Speaking of the Russians... I've read somewhere on the internet that the Russians gave up their moon landing attempt due to the Van Allen radiation belt harming the cosmonauts. If that is true, and I'm not saying that I believe it to true, that would seriously bring into question the Apollo moon landings.

posted on Jul, 4 2006 @ 11:30 PM
link   

How could he know 100% for certain if we have no moon rocks to compare them to?

Yes I know that spectro-analysis can reveal much of a planets make-up from a distance, but many of the minerals/rocks/elements etc that are beleived to be found on the moon, are common here on earth are they not?

posted on Jul, 4 2006 @ 11:38 PM
link   

He has analysed certain meteorites
and declared thay are from Mars.

He is NASA's expert on meteorites
and lunar material.

[edit on 4-7-2006 by Ivanova]

posted on Jul, 4 2006 @ 11:57 PM
link   

He has analysed certain meteorites
and declared thay are from Mars.

He is NASA's expert on meteorites
and lunar material

I understand that Lunar material from meteorites was found in Antarctica by Von Braun, just before the Apollo moon landings... So, is it not possible that your brother is correct that the rocks are from the moon, but that they could have been from the lunar material found in Anarctica?

jra

posted on Jul, 5 2006 @ 12:17 AM
link   

If in fact there really was a fake moon landing, and given the sheer size of the cover-up/conspiracy that would have to have been undertaken, that it's impossible to know for certain if the Russians themselves may have been involved in the conspiracy. Who knows?

If they were in on it. Why didn't the fake there own Moon mission too then? Radio astronomers also listened in on the Russians and the US space missions. They would have noticed if the signals were coming from the Moon or not.

Speaking of the Russians... I've read somewhere on the internet that the Russians gave up their moon landing attempt due to the Van Allen radiation belt harming the cosmonauts.

It had nothing to do with the Van Allen belts. It was because there N1 Rocket constantly failed.

Yes I know that spectro-analysis can reveal much of a planets make-up from a distance, but many of the minerals/rocks/elements etc that are beleived to be found on the moon, are common here on earth are they not?

You don't really need to compair a Moon rock with another Moon rock to know it's a Moon rock. There are signs that tell you about the environment it was in. Like the total lack of water within it. They also show evidence of micrometeorites and radiation exposure. Also the samples didn't fit any of the theories they had about the origins of the Moon at that time. So if these were faked (which is impossible to do) then why would they have made them different than what they expected? The US samples also matched the samples taken by the Russian unmanned probes. The samples have also been given to thousands of scientists and geologists all over the world. None have them have noticed anything fake about them.

posted on Jul, 5 2006 @ 12:30 AM
link   
I know this.

My brother's lab was in the old "Lunar Receiving Lab" building
[JSC] where the astronauts were first taken for quarantine.
I saw the elaborate quarantine equipment for both the astronauts
and the lunar samples.

Once I asked my brother about UFOs

He said that I ought to be more concerned about where
NASA's quarantine equipment had been transferred...
Apparently when NASA was finished with it, it was shipped
to a bio weapon lab !

posted on Jul, 5 2006 @ 03:42 AM
link   

Speaking of the Russians... I've read somewhere on the internet that the Russians gave up their moon landing attempt due to the Van Allen radiation belt harming the cosmonauts. If that is true, and I'm not saying that I believe it to true, that would seriously bring into question the Apollo moon landings.

No, that would increase the possible number of people involved with such a conspiracy and would have increased the chances of it being leaked. People talk, people get drunk, people are very bad at keeping secrets. No conspiracy has ever been alleged. Don't you think that something would have emerged from Russia when the Soviet Union fell apart and everything was being sold off for tuppence ha'penny a pop?
As for the Soviet moon landing programme, that was quashed by the fact that they couldn't get their rocket to work properly. The N1 was designed to get to the moon and was as large as the Saturn-5. Unfortunately it had too many engines to control properly and kept blowing up. Here's a link to some more information about it. news.bbc.co.uk...
It's possible that if Korolev had lived, the N-1 would have been simpler and might have given the US more of a run for their money to the moon. But that's speculation.

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Can someoen explain why they jump at the same height as they would on earth ? The lower gravity would make them jump much higher no ?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join