It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Four Russian diplomats killed in Iraq

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:
GSA

posted on Jun, 30 2006 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Putin has authorised full military special forces actions inside Iraq to hunt down and kill those who were responsible for the four murders.

I'll try to get the link from the news I saw it on (BBC here in the UK) He was for want of a better word spitting mad about it, and has given full authorisation to search out and kill those responsible.

And all this from a man who refused to back a war against terrorists in Iraq and else where - Yet wanted full US backing against Chechen rebels?! Oh how the cookie crumbled hey? now it effects him and russia, hes ready to play with soldiers inside Iraq.

Hypocrite

posted on Jul, 1 2006 @ 12:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by GSA
And all this from a man who refused to back a war against terrorists in Iraq and else where - Yet wanted full US backing against Chechen rebels?! Oh how the cookie crumbled hey? now it effects him and russia, hes ready to play with soldiers inside Iraq.
Hypocrite

Can you please point out when Putin ever asked for American help in Chechnya. The only thing he wanted was for the US to stay out- and rightly so. It is non of America's business what Russia is doing within its borders. Russia knows that America does not support what Russia is doing in Chechnya, and would never support it, so no backing necessary. And Russia isn't exactly Serbia, so the US cannot do anything about it. Today Chechnya is fully under control and the war is long over.

But what happened in Iraq is a different story. These are not some soldiers, tourists or truck drivers that got killed. They are Russian diplomats. They are considered untouchable everywhere in the wolrd (much like American diplomats). An attack on the embassy or its staff is an equivalent to an attack on the nation, and Russia has every right to defend itself and its diplomats. Especially since US is unable to create a safe region in Iraq.

And you blame Russia for interfering in Iraq? Who ever said that Iraq belongs to the US. Why does US get to decide if Russian agents can or cannot opperate in Iraq? US did not ask Russian permission when it went into Serbia, even though Serbia was a Russian ally and had Russian troops present there. US doesn't see a need to ask other nations' permission to opperate militarily within their borders (remember the unauthorized CIA flights in Europe for instance). Why should Russia ask American permission. Iraq is in complete chaos and anarchy, with US unable to even partially stabilize this quagmire. There are tens of thousands of armed thugs, spies from around the world, and god knows who else roaming around in Iraq. US can't even take care of the safety of its troops, and you expect Russian special forces to be trouble. They will go in, do the job, get out, and US will be too busy watching insurgents' RPG's fly over its head.

GSA

posted on Jul, 1 2006 @ 01:50 AM
link   
Yep just like they safely saved all those school children, and lets not forget the farce with the sleeping gas in the siege, and lets certainly not over look the massive slaughter in Chechnya.

What i will do is look up the part where putin wanted full USA backing on the international scene for his 'police actions' in Chechnya as it was part of the 'world wide action against terrorists'.

I will certainly find the hard copy for you and place a link to it.

As for your point about diplomats, I agree up to a point. They are not dealing with western civilisation, they are dealing with stone age barbarianism at its very worst. they do not have any respect for life or status, so the diplomat is safe angle holds no water im afraid. They stayed in a war zone, and it was on their heads be it. And one other thing, I bet the Russians would of expanded HUGE effort if it was the other way around.... hmmm 1980's middle east ring any bells?? all that kgb money supporting the terrorists and no leads at all on USA ?UK hostages??? hhmmm?? funny that.

Oh for the record, I am very saddened by the four mens deaths. The video is horrific and they died bravely and with courage. this is why this subject annoys me really -Russia should of been standing with the USA and UK and these four deaths may of been avoided - and maybe another major power in the country could of brought stability quicker and with less blood shed.... well we wil never know, but hey, thats life.

posted on Jul, 1 2006 @ 03:33 AM
link   
sounds like a psyops to me, to get the russians onto the side of the illegal occupiers. Much the same as the mosque professionally blown up to get the two factions at each others throats. Much the the 2 brits dressed as locals who were captured in Basra with explosives in their car. things arent always as they seem to be.

posted on Jul, 1 2006 @ 06:05 AM
link   
Psyop, to make Russia condemn insurgency in Iraq? It's possible. It might be intersting what will FSB/SVR agents find out there. If it was indeed a psyop/false flag operation, and agents find proof it was, it will certainly cause heavy diplomatic action against (possible) perpetrators!

posted on Jul, 1 2006 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by GSA
Yep just like they safely saved all those school children, and lets not forget the farce with the sleeping gas in the siege, and lets certainly not over look the massive slaughter in Chechnya.

I talked about this in another post and I will say it again just so there is no confusion:

School seige in Beslan:

Russian special forces were planning an operation when the shooting unexpectedly started out. Many Americans are completely oblivious as to what actually happened. Several Russians came to bring out the bodies of the dead and to bring in food and water for the hostages, and the terrorists agreed to this. Several of the terrorists were not notified however, and opened fire on the unarmed Russians. Somebody detonated the first explosive, the children started running out of the building, and the terrorists detonated the rest of the explosives and shot the kids in the back. Then the police and the Spetznaz had nothing left to do and had to kill the remaining terrorists. The deaths resulted from idiotic mistakes of the hostage takers.

Nordost theater:

Spetznaz had to keep their operation and the secret gas agent they were using complete secret. Also ambulances had to be kept away in order not to let the terrorists know the seige is about to happen. Spetznaz successfully infiltrated the theater. Killed and neutralized each of the more than a dozen of terrorists, without a single injury to themselves or civilians. The doctors however were not sure how to treat the gassed victims. It was not the spec ops' fault, but that of the bad intel to the doctors.

Please get your facts strait before you go off saying these were the fault of Spetznaz.

Originally posted by GSA
I bet the Russians would of expanded HUGE effort if it was the other way around.... hmmm 1980's middle east ring any bells?? all that kgb money supporting the terrorists and no leads at all on USA ?UK hostages??? hhmmm?? funny that.

When did the KGB support Islamic extremists? I have a relative who is a senior modern history professor in a Russian state university. KGB had no ties to terrorists. They themselves fought the mujahedeen in Afganistan, and have been working against Islamic Extremism ever since. Please give me some facts, becase people who know alot about this stuff tell me that this is completely false.

Yes Russia had relations and helped Middle Eastern governments, but those were nations not rebels and terrorists. It sounds like you are making it up. I am sorry if I am wrong, but I think a Russian history professor would know something about these ties.

Originally posted by GSA
Russia should of been standing with the USA and UK and these four deaths may of been avoided - and maybe another major power in the country could of brought stability quicker and with less blood shed.... well we wil never know, but hey, thats life.

Why should Russia help America in an illegal invasion of a foreign sovereignty? War in Iraq is still not justified, and if it was justified it would be justified for the US, not Russia. Russia, just like most of Europe and Asia, had nothing against Saddam. If you didn't notice 1/2 of the world is ruled by vicious dictators. America is supporting a fair share of them (Musharaaf, Saakashvilli are just a few). US is waging this war to gain a military ally in the Middle East, as well as for oil resources. Russia would gain nothing from this war. It would only lead to a quagmire, and Russia learned its lesson in Afganistan, unlike the US.

posted on Jul, 1 2006 @ 08:02 PM
link   
Interesting news connected to death of Russian diplomats are being shown here on ATS, presented by zhangxi0183

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 1-7-2006 by Duby78]

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join