It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Travis Walton Interview

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2006 @ 11:06 PM
link   
aliens may be real, but disinfo campaigns are realer. sensory perception is the realest.
in light of the ramping up to world war three, i would guess that whatever the 'aliens' are talking about with the 'government' everyday, is how they will put a yoke on every single human on earth.
maybe these whitey spacedudes will help us, although i can't imagine why they would.
unless we have a common enemy.

posted on Jun, 26 2006 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by EarthSister

When Travis was on television talk shows when Fire in the Sky came out, he told that he was not put back naked.

I also heard travis say on Coast 2 Coast that he was not put back "naked" and its also stated in his book. I think it mite have been added in the movie to add some flair.

posted on Jun, 26 2006 @ 11:17 PM
link   
helium3

Yes, the same as the needle in the eye and the hive of dead people.

Thanks to this kind of "documentation of evidence" it is only harder for the visiting races to approach humans.

When the powers of Earth finally open up to let a little information out, it's only because they are forced to, and then it's only to prove something other than the truth.

Anyway, individual humans know a lot more about the alien races than our governments do. The governments only know what the alien races let them know.

posted on Jun, 26 2006 @ 11:52 PM
link   
I believe Travis Walton all the way. He seems like an honest guy. I don't believe he's making it up at all; the whole experience was a shock to him. He was just on his way home from logging with his friends, he never expected what was coming next. I saw the movie Fire in the Sky and thought it was good. Did they really make the experience seem more horrifying than it really was? I've never heard that before. I'm always really curious about the particular species of aliens that abducted him. They aren't exactly greys though they're sortof close. I'm not sure what to call them. Anyway Travis Walton is definitely one of the most compelling alien abduction cases out there.

posted on Jun, 27 2006 @ 12:34 AM
link   
[edit on 27-6-2006 by Diplomat]

[edit on 27-6-2006 by Diplomat]

posted on Jun, 27 2006 @ 01:17 AM
link   
As others have mentioned in this thread the movie Fire In The Sky is not an actual presentation of Travis Walton's experiences. Hollywood managed to mess that one up and some people even blame Walton for letting them change his story. However some elements remain factual such as the multiple witness sighting of the UFO, the moment when Walton was struck, the search for Walton by the authorities and the polygraph tests done on the witnesses who were suspects of a suspected crime.

Earthsister's explanation that Walton was kept in the craft for 5 days in order to recover from his injuries was something I didn't take into account. However something bothers me regarding this explanation. Walton and the 5 other witnesses all say that he was struck at the same time when he wanted to go back to the car. Previously they all had stopped to look at the object and Walton was the only person going out to investigate, the others had a good view of the situation. This doesn't seem to point to an accident of walking into a forcefield. Just my take on the situation.

posted on Jun, 27 2006 @ 01:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by EarthSister
helium3

Yes, the same as the needle in the eye and the hive of dead people.

yeah that was never in the book either, from what i have read the deal was once Travis sold the rigths to his story they could alter the events to add hollywood-ness

posted on Jun, 27 2006 @ 01:40 AM
link   
I don't think Travis walked into a force field, rather he was attacked by some kind of defence mechanism. His friends described it as a BEAM, not a field. It targeted him directly and hit him in the head and chest sending him flying in the air.

What did Travis do to set this mechanism off? It only fired when he went to run AWAY from the craft, not as he approached it. So there was a delayed reaction in determining whether he was a threat or not. Also it must have been an automated device, otherwise if it was an intentional action by the aliens, they would have left him, or disposed of him, not look after him.

However, maybe they weren't looking after him and it was intentional. They just saw him as a threat, disabled him and took him on board for further study. When he came to, he showed signs of aggression and it seems like he might have actually scared them away. Maybe the little guys weren't too familiar with humans back then and realised that we can be very aggressive creatures. That's when they ran off and got the human looking aliens (probably with more experience with humans) to take over.

I think the human-like aliens were introducing the bug-eyed aliens to earth and letting them do their thing while supervising their experiments. They encountered a human by mistake, shot him in defence, took him on board not knowing what to do with it and then FREAKED out when he woke up and started swinging at them. The human-aliens then interveined and took care of things.

Now why was Travis left to remember all of this? Why were they other 9? or 8? guys who witnessed it also allowed to remember it?

posted on Jun, 27 2006 @ 04:37 AM
link   
Mr Lear, fantastic to see you here,

i think the real problem with cases such as Travis walton's is that because the case is high profile amongst people such as our selves, is that people love to tell the story to others and are not quite as objective or correct in reporting the facts as you heard them, from the 'horses mouth'.

people like to add their own personal little twists in an atempt to make the story either A. seem more belivable or B. seem totally bizzare and thus hollywood-ifying it to the point of non credability.

I too have listened to Mr waltons interviews and have always believed the guy to be telling the truth.

I think the only real justice we can do our world wide community and others is to maintain a viglant stance regarding how we display and report our info to others, taking every care to document things exactly as they are in their original form.

regards.

posted on Jun, 27 2006 @ 06:29 AM
link   
Based on his post-movie thoughts, are Travis' recollections of actual memories, or did he undero hypnsois to retrieve them ?

I do beleive Travis, he seems to be telling the truth. However I think that once you throw hypnsosis into the mix, if this was the case, it distorts the facts. It could be adding things, or erasing things.

I am sure it was dramatized for Hollywood. I can beleive he said "oh sure fine, go ahead and change those parts a bit". But why would he agree to have the movie portray the aliens as aggressive and frightening, when he is saying (later on) that the the entire experience was amicable with these creatures ? Doesn't fit. How could he agree to allow them falsify this MAJOR characterisitic of these aliens, when this is so personal and traumatic to him? Someone here said, Travis watched this movie and was reacting to the scenes. Is it possible, that Travis was approached, after the movie aired, and told to "speak out", spread the word, write the book, change the characterisitics of the aliens ? Which version is closest to the truth?

posted on Jun, 27 2006 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Earthsister's explanation that Walton was kept in the craft for 5 days in order to recover from his injuries was something I didn't take into account. However something bothers me regarding this explanation. Walton and the 5 other witnesses all say that he was struck at the same time when he wanted to go back to the car. Previously they all had stopped to look at the object and Walton was the only person going out to investigate, the others had a good view of the situation. This doesn't seem to point to an accident of walking into a forcefield. Just my take on the situation.

TerraX

From what I understand, the alien people didn't know Travis was there, and when they did something with the beam which was pointed down to the ground, Travis was too close and got hurt by it. There was no timing of it related to what Travis was doing on the part of the alien people.

I was told the aliens were doing something on the ground with the beam of light which was like a force field, but I was not told what. They may have been collecting or studying plant life or minerals, which all our visiting races do.

I've never studied the case and I wasn't a witness. My personal knowledge about it is little, but evidence to me.

I know the alien race and their character well enough to have a personal opinion of what happened even without having it explained to me by the aliens. I also know humans pretty well and how they behave with stories like this.

Good thread, good input, Everyone.

[edit on 6/27/2006 by EarthSister]

posted on Jun, 27 2006 @ 12:10 PM
link   
I thank the person who started this thread as i have been interested in this case, ive seen the hollywood film but i hadnt really heard a lot from Mr Walton himself because i was quite young when the film came out.

Earthsister is there a thread/place where you have talked about your knowledge?

i have a few questions that i would like to ask, if you could provide an answer it would be really good.

ill put them here should u feel u can answer any of them please do

Do the race of Aliens you are in contact with have a name for themselves? IE we are Humans or Humanity i presume they wouldnt call them selves "greys" ect,

What is their native language? does it have a name? is it based on numbers and letters like ours or shapes and lines like the Chineese/Japaneese alphabet?
or have they evolved beyond the need for a written language?

Does their plannet have animals ? i always wondered if other races have pets or zoos or such on their homeworlds

i have more but i will let you or anyone point me to the correct place for these sort of questions

posted on Jun, 27 2006 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Eternal_Question

My contact is with many beings of many races, specifically those who run the organization of visiting life at our planet. I would like to answer your questions but it would be off topic here. If you start a new thread or U2U me I will answer what I can there.

My past posts on ATS answer many of the questions people frequently ask me. You could read back on them and also visit my site if you like.

posted on Jun, 27 2006 @ 12:45 PM
link   
I'm listening to the interview right now and I think Travis sounds like a very intelligent man. I can't imagine the overwhelming horror of being injured, having difficulty breathing and seeing what he saw in front of him. I'm surprised that he didn't go absolutely madd.

posted on Jun, 27 2006 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Travis Walton has his own website and his own book describing the details of what happened. It would probably be a good idea to go there to get source information. www.travis-walton.com...

If you can't find or do not know information I would recommended using google.com or some other search engine.

[edit on 27-6-2006 by zerotime]

posted on Jun, 27 2006 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Despite the controversy, I tend to say yes, I believe Walton was abducted.

Philip Klass was hellbent on disproving this case. And personally, I find when Philip Klass gets so frantic about something, there tends to be merit. Mainly because Klass got nervous anytime something of any substance might come out.

posted on Jun, 27 2006 @ 01:54 PM
link   
I have been to the Travis Walton website. It just reinforces my belief that he is telling the truth. There is almost a matter-of-fact approach to his recount of the story and when answering questions on the FAQ.

Again, there is no physical proof, but there are 7 eyewitnesses to the initial encounter. This also lends to the believability of the encounter.

posted on Jun, 27 2006 @ 04:04 PM
link   
I believe travis's story, you know what would be interesting though, is to do a reverse speach recording and see what comes out. Does anybodyhave a reverse speach machine or ever played with one?

www.reversespeech.com, i'm not computer savy enough to do it. but you play the audio backwards and slow it down, and interesting things happen.

posted on Jun, 27 2006 @ 10:31 PM
link   
I read the book right when it came out. I believe Travis was abducted.
I also believe he was accidently struck by the beam and was taken aboard to receive treatment. It didn't say that in the book, but that's what I got out of it at the time.

John Lear,

And I would be happy to answer all of them Helium3. However this is Faedens thread on Travis Walton so you will have to u2u me or start another thread.

Not many people here do that,(I'm guilty) I tip my hat to you for being a good guy and following the rules.

BTW, I'd love to chit-chat over a cup of coffee with you some day.

posted on Jun, 28 2006 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Access Denied

Let this be a lesson folks... don't believe everything you hear no matter who it is who's telling you! (including me)

"Trust No One"

[ediL\t on 28-6-2006 by Access Denied]

Let me see if I got this right. You are quoting from the national inquirer and then tell us not to believe everything we hear?

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join