It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Solar Warden

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2006 @ 03:39 PM
link   
The follow is a small exerpt of something I just located here...

www.globalsecurity.org...

"Aerospace Daily December 13, 2004

Senators' Comments Suggest Existence Of Secret Space Program
In-Depth Coverage By Rich Tuttle

Cryptic comments by two Democrats on the Senate floor about a major program in the fiscal year 2005 intelligence authorization conference report point to a secret space effort of some kind that has been under way for years, but which has been unknown to the public, analysts said."

Looks to me like these Sentors said it was "totally unjustified and very, very wasteful." The Senate has voted for years to kill it "only to be overruled in the appropriations conference"??

"Unjustified and stunningly expensive"??

I've been saying it! Haven't I been saying it?

posted on Jun, 28 2006 @ 03:59 PM
link   
OMG!

Here's a video online showing a secret space program I'd never dreamed about...

The N.S.P.

posted on Jun, 28 2006 @ 07:29 PM
link   
hey, I got tagged by the commander, I get to play with the big kids!! sweeeet.

Originally posted by cmdrkeenkid

Originally posted by torbjon
sputnik was metallic silver, very reflective… perhaps a flat black paint job would make things a bit harder to see

Not for ground based radar...

so, um, stealth technology is 100% visible to ground based radar and all of our stealth bombers and fighters are getting shot down left and right.... hmmmm. okay. I'll buy that.

we went from horse and buggies to atomic weapons and space travel in 100 years… have faith in the human learning curve, we’re not That stupid.

Maybe you missed my analogy from before. Here it is again... "Well, one of the neccessary caveats of reverse engineering is that you need to also already have the technology (or something very similar to it) to build/manufacture the neccessary parts. For example, if you were to give a transistor radio to to Thomas Edison, he could probably take it apart and rebuild it, but could he create his own? Nope, because he would have no idea how the various parts of it were made."

I'm pretty sure my generalized remark was a reaction to something somebody else said, but I'll play. Ya, sure, Edison MIGHT have had some problems figuring out solid state technology (I personally wouldn't presume what the guy could or couldn't do) It would be an interesting experiment to see what the guy could do with WWII era technology though, wouldn't it?

are you Looking? or are you letting someone else look and Trusting what they tell you?

I am frequently looking at the Moon through various telescopes. Again though, why haven't other nations caught onto this then?

I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and say you have access to every telescope on the face of the planet... um, doesn't that mean that there's still 50% of the moon that you aren't seeing?

air and water on the moon.

WHERE!?

You might want to let the rest of the world know about your discoveries!

wow, that is sooooooo out of context. I believe I was addressing the issue of there being a lack of air and water on the moon and outlining some possible scenarios of getting some there

diverting it to atomic and solar powered processing stations on a moon (any moon) does not seem far fetched.
super secret jet black high tech united earth space fleet? sure, why not?

See my comments about this not being picked up on yet by other worldly nations...

so these other 'worldly nations' are in your back pocket and let you in on all their little secrets, ey? what else do they tell you? If they are keeping their super secret plans to take over the world a secret from you, why not keep their super secret space fleet a secret from you too?

I don't think that this was directed at me perse, but the whole 'I can see the ISS therefore I could see the super secret space fleet' thingy seems kind of silly, don't you think? ISS is not super secret and is parked in Low Earth Orbit. Super secret space fleet on the other hand, hmmmm, where should we park that? Let's think about that... let's see... hmmm. Low Earth Orbit???? Naw, some bozo with one of those cheap little ISS thingies might scratch the paint job if we park it there... how 'bout L2 of the Earth/Moon system? That's close by yet out of the way, no one will ever mess with it there.... safe, secure, out of sight. Yep. L2.

*ponders* sorry, brain showing *sighs* L = Lagrangian Point.

hey, this is FUN!

soooo been needing some fun lately... Thanks Commander!!! you're too cool.

rock on
twj

[edit on 28-6-2006 by torbjon]

posted on Jun, 28 2006 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by vorlance
The follow is a small exerpt of something I just located here...

www.globalsecurity.org...

"Aerospace Daily December 13, 2004

Senators' Comments Suggest Existence Of Secret Space Program
In-Depth Coverage By Rich Tuttle

Cryptic comments by two Democrats on the Senate floor about a major program in the fiscal year 2005 intelligence authorization conference report point to a secret space effort of some kind that has been under way for years, but which has been unknown to the public, analysts said."

Looks to me like these Sentors said it was "totally unjustified and very, very wasteful." The Senate has voted for years to kill it "only to be overruled in the appropriations conference"??

"Unjustified and stunningly expensive"??

I've been saying it! Haven't I been saying it?

There it is! The smoking gun! Talk about a massive leap of logic there.
(Not just by you either.) "It's wasteful, expensive, and unjustified, therefore it must be a sattelite."
How do we know it's not some new recon UAV that they were trying to put all kinds of new tech into for radio interception, etc? Or a new plane? Or any number of things? Why does it HAVE to be a sattelite or secret space program?

posted on Jun, 28 2006 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon
How do you debunk speculation?

man, ain't that the truth.... delude yourself into believing it's the truth then puff yourself up by deflating it???

honestly.

twj

jra

posted on Jun, 28 2006 @ 08:12 PM
link   

hey, I got tagged by the commander, I get to play with the big kids!! sweeeet.

Originally posted by cmdrkeenkid

sputnik was metallic silver, very reflective… perhaps a flat black paint job would make things a bit harder to see

Not for ground based radar...

so, um, stealth technology is 100% visible to ground based radar and all of our stealth bombers and fighters are getting shot down left and right.... hmmmm. okay. I'll buy that.

Painting something flat black does not make it stealth. This is why cmdrkeenkid said it would still be be picked up by ground based radar. You didn't say anything about painting it with RAM paint. I wonder how well that would work in space anyway. Stealth paint doesn't make something totaly invisable to radar, so they'd still detect something. Plus if you paint something black it's going to absorb the light, thus making the surface of the ship hotter. You want it to reflect light. Unless they got some super advanced tech that we know nothing about, but all we could do is speculate and that gets us nowhere really.

[edit on 28-6-2006 by jra]

posted on Jun, 28 2006 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Space

Originally posted by TrentReznor
Here is The Video Interview with Gary Mckinnon !!! ---Arn't I kind :-)

www.youtube.com...

Thanks for the link to the video.

He states he has been going back into the "hacked" computer/s for years.

I would think that he could have come out with at least one picture or supporting file with all that time...years.

Many statements he makes sound like BS too.

One simple question, if Gary McKinnons statements are BS, why is he being extradited to face up to 70 years in a US prison?

posted on Jun, 28 2006 @ 09:09 PM
link   
I don't think that his hacking was BS. Just that the whole "secret space fleet" bit is. It's interesting how he has all these excuses about why he didn't get pics, and that they'd put this amazingly classified information on a computer tied to the net instead of the military network.

jra

posted on Jun, 28 2006 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Implosion
One simple question, if Gary McKinnons statements are BS, why is he being extradited to face up to 70 years in a US prison?

Because it's still illegal to hack into other peoples computers, especially Government ones. 70 years is really harsh, but they're probably trying to make an example out of him to others. I still think this McKinnon guy is BS though. I don't know if you read my earlier post, but the guy doesn't sound like a competent hacker at all. There's no way he could get into the SIPRNet.

posted on Jun, 28 2006 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zaphod58
I don't think that his hacking was BS. Just that the whole "secret space fleet" bit is.

Yeah, I guess, I dunno though, 70 years is a long time in a foreign prison, people serve less for murder. Where as I don't believe his claims about the existence of a secret fleet of spaceships roaming around the solar system, I do believe that I will never know for sure, after all, everything we refer to as knowledge is second hand information, and as we see in many different aspect of life, we are lied to constantly for one reason or another. We become accustomed to taking other peoples words as gospel from the day we emerge.

It makes no sense to me that he would make these claims, I mean, surely being extradited to serve the rest of his days in some American jail is enough to get him his 15 minutes of fame, why say all this stuff if it's untrue? Surely he has a reasonable enough head on his shoulders to recognise the fact that 99% of the population will dismiss his words out of hand for those of a kook? How does he help his own case any by telling us these things? What does he have to gain?
If there is something there, I fail to see it.

[edit on 28/6/06 by Implosion]

posted on Jun, 28 2006 @ 09:25 PM
link   
Because if he continues to claim that he did it, he's a hero to the hacking community for getting into these super secret files. And at this point what's it going to get him to say he made it up? It won't let him get out of jail any sooner.

posted on Jun, 28 2006 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Because if he continues to claim that he did it, he's a hero to the hacking community for getting into these super secret files. And at this point what's it going to get him to say he made it up? It won't let him get out of jail any sooner.

I disagree, I see no one that has outright said that they believe what he's said. At the very most his claims have prompted speculation, which is surely a positive thing. You know, entertaining for a couple of fleeting seconds that hey, maybe we don't know it all. Sure, it makes a good story, but so does hacking US government computers and getting banged up for the rest of his life. You know? He's messed with the man, I'm sure there are people who would hold him in high regard for that alone, and it's been repeated over and over again that he hasn't once provided any proof to back up his claims, what makes you think that the people who make up the "hacking community" are any more likely to believe these stories without any proof than you or I? I see zero benefit for Gary Mckinnon in the claims he has made.

[edit on 28/6/06 by Implosion]

posted on Jun, 28 2006 @ 09:48 PM
link   
And there's zero benefit to going back on what he said. Saying that it was all made up isn't going to reduce his jail time one bit because the hacking is what's sending him to jail. So there's no benefit to him saying it was made up either.

posted on Jun, 28 2006 @ 11:05 PM
link   

[edit on 27-6-2006 by vorlance]

So vorlance...I must ask again...what is the relevance of the pics? I'm trying to understand.

Maybe the following image will buy you a vowel...

[edit on 28-6-2006 by vorlance]

No vowel.

Same question...what is the relevance of the pics / wallpaper.

posted on Jun, 28 2006 @ 11:12 PM
link   

OMG!

Here's a video online showing a secret space program I'd never dreamed about...

The N.S.P.

Nice joke.

What a complete waste of time the video is.

Edit: ...and so is my posting to this thread.

[edit on 29-6-2006 by Space]

posted on Jun, 29 2006 @ 03:45 AM
link   

BREAKING NEWS.............

Yuppers That what it said top of the article. So whats yer problem? It WAS breaking news then, and is a perfectly valid point for this discussion

posted on Jun, 29 2006 @ 06:50 AM
link   

I don't think that his hacking was BS. Just that the whole "secret space fleet" bit is. It's interesting how he has all these excuses about why he didn't get pics, and that they'd put this amazingly classified information on a computer tied to the net instead of the military network.

Tell that to all the nameless, faceless few that are right now probably defending our little blue ball from the reptilian scum of the universe.

[edit on 29-6-2006 by vorlance]

posted on Jun, 29 2006 @ 06:54 AM
link   

[edit on 27-6-2006 by vorlance]

So vorlance...I must ask again...what is the relevance of the pics? I'm trying to understand.

Maybe the following image will buy you a vowel...

[edit on 28-6-2006 by vorlance]

No vowel.

Same question...what is the relevance of the pics / wallpaper.

The relevance is painfully obvious. Get with it man!

posted on Jun, 29 2006 @ 07:47 AM
link   
So, has the US developed antigravity vehicles?

Perhaps. A while back Boeing Aerospace announced they were investing $50 million in antigravity research. From official aerospace company documents published on Electrogravitics as far back as the 40's, I believe they already have it, but just won't publically acknowledged it.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join