It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is it too much that my REAL NAME is Tarzan?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2006 @ 05:38 AM
link   
Yes, indeed. One out of two people(that I know of) that have EVER been named Tarzan, as a first given name, has just become a member of ATS... how fascinating! I have thought to myself many times that I should contact Conan O'Brien with a simple message: "I've got you beat, brother."

I have read many of the threads, and as much as I wanted to actually just remain neutral, read, and learn, the urge to respond to some of the threads and their respective replies is almost undeniably powerful. It must have something to do with what IgnoranceIsntBliss said about "neurologically patting ourselves on the backs for being right". Anyway, I swing in on this cybernetic vine and land in the treetop of one of the most abundant resources for intelligence(and its anti-thesis: politics). I have been learning a lot, now I hope to help in the increasing of knowledge and wisdom. Maybe, I'll even make a point! Lord, wouldn't that just be dandy.

Enough said. Didn't think Tarzan could muster a vocabulary that was moderately ingestible, now did you?

posted on Jun, 24 2006 @ 09:16 AM
link   
Welcome to ATS Tarzan

Feel free to U2U me if you have a question.

posted on Jun, 24 2006 @ 09:18 AM
link   
It's too much, but it's too much in a really cool, unique way.

Welcome to ATS, Tarzan!

*Valhall marks down another first - I now know some one named Tarzan*

posted on Jun, 24 2006 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Watch out for that TREE!

Welcome and enjoy your long stay, Tarzan boy, I am so bad. Sorry.

posted on Jun, 24 2006 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Hello Tarzan "Lord of Greystoke" lol

I have to say that is a cool name. which parent picked it for you??
My first name is Lee, my Mom was a fan of Bruce Lee in the 70s, Im just glad she didnt call me Bruce lol

[edit on 24-6-2006 by Kurokage]

posted on Jun, 24 2006 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Thank you for the welcoming; where are the trumpets??(aka the line of elephants blowing their trunks)

My dad is the one who named me that. My mom gave me three middle names to make up for that. Actually try this on for size...
Tarzan John Robert Joseph Hedgepeth
That is my full name.
On top of that, my family calls me J.J.
So.. I think it has something to do with my North Node being in Gemini ...err something like that.. Hey, don't talk back to me!

Yes Lord of Greystoke, it's fun being the son of an archbishop.

All jokes welcome!!! I've seen and heard them all..actually, I'll vote for you if you can come up with one I honestly haven't heard.

P.S. - I'm a Bruce Lee fan as well.

posted on Jun, 25 2006 @ 12:26 AM
link   
Welcome. Me Nygdan.

posted on Jun, 28 2006 @ 11:09 PM
link   
Oi. Nygdan. Me, Tarzan. Tarzan say, "Hi." Tarzan think... forums not busy when Tarzan come. Tarzan... confused. Tarzan hurt.

You... no like me?

YOU... NO LIKE ME?

Okay. Understand.

posted on Jun, 28 2006 @ 11:15 PM
link   
Tarzan....you know, if you leave out the vision of monkeys and Jane, it is a beautiful name!!

Welcome, Tarzan. I think its a sexy name.

posted on Jun, 28 2006 @ 11:17 PM
link   
Anyone with the name Tarzan, has got to be an extra special addition to the community.

Welcome.

On the other hand, being the skeptic i am, for all i know you could well be an 80 year old communist named Boris simply posing as Tarzan..

Oh well, welcome aboard anyway

posted on Jun, 28 2006 @ 11:25 PM
link   
Its no worse then Pierre lol try growing up in Brooklyn with a name like that! welcome to ATS

Pie

posted on Jun, 28 2006 @ 11:26 PM
link   
Seems to be what the women say, dgtempe. Thank you

Hahaha. I'm almost flattered by that statement, as well, kojac.

Thanks for the welcomes, much.

Shoot, I don't find Tarzan bad at all, Pierre. I put up with 9 years of hell for it, but after that... boy I'm telling you there is no better way to talk with girls than introducing yourself as Tarzan. There is also no better way to have a bunch of rednecks want to kick your ass for talking with their girlfriends.

[edit on 28-6-2006 by TarzanBeta]

posted on Jun, 28 2006 @ 11:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThePieMaN
Its no worse then Pierre lol try growing up in Brooklyn with a name like that! welcome to ATS

Pie
I would have to draw the line if his last name was Lip#z.

Just joking. I'm in a silly mood.

posted on Jun, 28 2006 @ 11:37 PM
link   
There is a girl in my town named IMA PIGG. There is also a man who is running for the position of General Sessions Court Judge named Gary Nutt. ...The poor guy, all his campaign signs have been spray painted by the rednecks. They now currently read: Hary Nuttz.

posted on Jun, 28 2006 @ 11:42 PM
link   
This is a story, I did not witness these events directly, my friend's friend witnessed it directly, so take it at that.

A woman at a hospital they were working at had given birth (this was expected as she was in the maternity ward). She couldn't decide what to name the kid.She's flipping through her medical chart.

I've got it, her name will be "Gun-oreah".

posted on Jun, 28 2006 @ 11:48 PM
link   

Some people hate their kids.

I used to know a woman named Dorilla....all i could think was a gorilla, of course.

posted on Jun, 28 2006 @ 11:48 PM
link   
ROFL

That takes the cake!!

Hopefully her last name isn't "Green".

posted on Jun, 28 2006 @ 11:55 PM
link   
Here is a list of names of people from this town :

Shorty Long
Red Greene
Richard Head - Do some transitive thinking with this one.
Richard Richards
Harry Belcher - Radiologist Centennial Medical Center in Nashville
Buddy Pedigo
Pocahontas Smith

That's all the ones that me and my dad can think of at the moment.

posted on Jun, 29 2006 @ 12:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by TarzanBeta

Shoot, I don't find Tarzan bad at all, Pierre. I put up with 9 years of hell for it, but after that... boy I'm telling you there is no better way to talk with girls than introducing yourself as Tarzan. There is also no better way to have a bunch of rednecks want to kick your ass for talking with their girlfriends.

Yes kids can be cruel. I can imagine what you went through on both accounts, younger and older. As I got older the women didn't mind it at all. Having a exotic name really has some perks.

posted on Jun, 29 2006 @ 12:12 AM
link   
Amen to that.

So... any cute girls out there wanna be my Jane? The last one, well... she was a (expletive deleted) so I pushed her outta the tree house.

...what an overused line on my part.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join