It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What to Name My Kitten?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2006 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Naming is always the funnest part. Heck, I doubt anybody would even have children if they didnt get to name them.

posted on Jun, 23 2006 @ 07:41 PM
link   
All-Purpose Thread

Originally posted by Vegemite
Naming is always the funnest part. Heck, I doubt anybody would even have children if they didnt get to name them.

Even better: all the names suggested here are also great names for children.

posted on Jun, 23 2006 @ 07:46 PM
link   
I think Eris is quite a sweet name for a kitten.

Alright, now I've actually reviewed teh thread, maybe Eris isn't so sweet.

[edit on 23/6/06 by Implosion]

Course, he might grow up to be the baddest cat in the neighbor hood, boy named Sue style. Oh nevermind....

[edit on 23/6/06 by Implosion]

posted on Jun, 23 2006 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by spacedoubt

His nickname is TaterHead.

That is too funny....the neighbor boy calls my cat Tater!! I call him baby kitty

My daughter gets really mad at me, because she named him Clerence.....I still call him baby kitty!!!
Then she got even madder when she moved out a few months ago.....I wouldn't let her take him.....he's my baby!

posted on Jun, 23 2006 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Maybe you could sell it on Ebay...let other people bid on his/her name....earn a little money too..... then call it whatever you want anyway. LOL

posted on Jun, 23 2006 @ 08:16 PM
link   
Thank you everybody for your contributions, they're much appreciated.

Spacedoubt, my kitten actually has lion/tiger coloured fur and the story of Marjan was amazing. Therefore, I shall name him...

*drum roll*

*still drum rolling*

... Marjan-Osiris.

Thanks again!

EDIT TO ADD:
Drum roll.

[edit on 23-6-2006 by xeroxed88]

posted on Jun, 23 2006 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Hey, thats really cool!

I feel like his godfather now..
I should smoke a cigar, or some salmon..

posted on Jun, 25 2006 @ 02:35 AM
link   
call him captain meowstein

posted on Jun, 25 2006 @ 02:57 AM
link   
do me! do me!

i'm getting a kitten soon from my...ex-girlfriend, still my fiance....the hell with it, i'm getting it from my friend. it's a female cat, and i want to name it something dark and foreboding. it's a little orange tabby with a white nose.

posted on Jun, 25 2006 @ 04:45 AM
link   
You can name it what you want cause he/she aint gonna take a blind bit of notice when you call its name :-)))

posted on Jun, 25 2006 @ 04:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by bmdefiant
You can name it what you want cause he/she aint gonna take a blind bit of notice when you call its name :-)))

Not true. My cat always looks at me after I call him. Then he ignores me.

I've always named my cats according to their personalitiets. My current one (part manx) is named Hobo. He was discovered by a friend in a lumber yard. I had to bottle feed him as he was only a few days old. His nickname. . .Bo, of course.

posted on Jun, 25 2006 @ 05:00 AM
link   
I'd say with the names, wait till you get them home!!!

When I decided I was going to get a Golden Retriever, I was 'deffinatly' going to call him/her : Angel, Sandy, Or something along them lines

He is called Tarpee
He was the first born pup and he was born under the tarpaulin in the garden, so they nicknamed him Tarpee. It just stuck

His nicknames are

Tarpeebert
Poodle
Fatty
My brother calls him Toby cause he can never remeber his name... LOL

I couldnt imagine calling him anything else than what he was allready called!

posted on Jun, 25 2006 @ 05:04 AM
link   
There is only ONE name for a cat.

Zsa Zsa Miaow.

End of discussion!

posted on Jun, 25 2006 @ 06:38 AM
link   
I have 3 cats each one is different 2 have first and second names the third one I adopted because a person brought it to vet office to have put asleep and there is nothing wrong with him.

1) Angel Mogwai - I call her last name Mogwai because she does not know how to meow like a cat. She makes this HIGH pitch tone like the gizmo in the movie Gremlins.

2) Pony Boy - from the movie Outsiders because we found him outside as a kitten.

3) Racci (pronounced Rack key) He is originally from Iraq from what I understand from owner who's wife is from there. Anyway I saved him from getting put to sleep there isn't anything wrong with him he is a full breed persian type cat.

I like the mystical names though good luck on your search if I come across anything I will be back to post.

[edit on 25-6-2006 by loner]

posted on Jun, 25 2006 @ 12:42 PM
link   
I think you should name your cat Askim.
If anyone wants to know the name of your cat you can just say "ask him".

You might get some strange looks, but a few people might even try to ask the cat.

[edit on 25/6/2006 by anxietydisorder]

posted on Jun, 25 2006 @ 05:23 PM
link   
lol how about like that cat in cinderella lucifer(i only remember that because that name stuck out to me when i was little and when my mom told me i was why would you name at cat that)

posted on Jun, 25 2006 @ 05:58 PM
link   
You should have called it something like Bast (still Egyptian goddess of cats). Or Bubastis (the City of the Goddess of Cats)

posted on Jun, 25 2006 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by blackhumvee113
lol how about like that cat in cinderella lucifer(i only remember that because that name stuck out to me when i was little and when my mom told me i was why would you name at cat that)

I was actually thinking of using "Lucifer" as a name for him, but it's just a little bit too demonic! After all, Lucifer is Satan.

GSA

posted on Jun, 25 2006 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Hi there,
my kitten is called Samuel, he's black all over with great big green eyes and the sweetest temperment ever : )

I love him to bits, and even at his age he's developing a real character - Heres how i got him to obey commands ( Hint, use food as an incentive!)

One packet of little treats, left in his litter every time he used it sorted toilet training, and for scratching, every time he used his post he got a reward. Every time he did the sofa he got put in his cat basket for a half hour time out. Now hes great and never scratches any thing but the post.

posted on Jun, 26 2006 @ 08:30 AM
link   
Hey, GSA.

Thanks for the tips. I'll be sure to use them.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join