It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Precognition...can you change it?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2006 @ 05:54 AM
link   
I have a question for anyone out there who has precognitive dreams, ability to see the future etc.... If you dream of something happening... like.. a particluar conversation with a friend...if or when the conversation or event happens, do you realise that you have seen it before, and do you have the ability to alter the course of the conversation or event? Or is it pre-determined and un-changeable? I may not be wording this very well so please bear with me. I recently dreamt about a conversation with a friend, and no more than a week later, i found myself in said friends company, having the very conversation i had dreamt. All of a sudden i realised that i had seen this before, but i kept my mouth shut...for curiousity sake... but tactfully tried to steer the conversation in a different direction, but it was as if i had said nothing and the conversation continued down the previous path, upon asking my friend if he heard what i had said to try to steer the conversation elsewhere, he swore that no word had come from my lips when i know damn well it had! I decided not to mention my dream to him as he is a complete skeptic and it would only lead to ridicule. Has anyone else experienced anything similar?

posted on Jun, 23 2006 @ 07:27 AM
link   
i am not going to go into things, but i believe we all have a destiny. i think life is half destiny and half choices. which ever choices you make will lead you to where ever you were meant to go in the first place.

it is a but like having 5 different ways to drive to mcdonalds. which one you choose is upto you, but you get to mc donalds in the end.

without going into details, i to have tried to change events in my life, these are big events. i assumed by changing those events that i would get a different outcome. but i just ended up having the same sort of outcome, that i thought would happen, if i went down the original course of my life. in my life i just like sat back to see if these things would happen anyway, and they have seem to happen, even though i played no part in bringing them about. it is very weird, but hey thats life. i think us lay people are not being told any sort of truths with regard to reality, and when we face things like this, it can be hard, because we are not supposed to believe in such things as destiny.

the problem is that is does make you believe that your life is not your own, and no matter what way i went in life, i am sure today, my life would have taken similar steps than it did.

i know it is a bit crptic, but i will not go into details. but i also assume that most people have had similar experiences, it probabl is that they try not to notice them.

one theory i have heard that may explain precognition, is we are all in a time loop. we just keep repeating the same thing over and over again, until the end of time. also events can be changed in these loops, it probably is harder to change things on a more collective level.

one film that is about time loops is ETERNAL SUNSHINE OF A SPOTLESS MIND(most people who have watched that film thing it is just a love story - wrong again). the film is based on a project talked about on here called the montauk project. whether the books are true or not, there would have to be some experiments like this in real life, and the books may have some truth in them, even though they are bizzarre.

[edit on 23-6-2006 by andy1033]

posted on Jun, 23 2006 @ 07:34 AM
link   
Many people say that the burden of being able to predict things is often being not able to stop it.

Now this may not be such a big thing when you just predict a conversation with your friend. You'll get weird déja vu feeling, but that's about it. If your conversations are anything like mine, they take weird twists, so you won't know exactly when your 'dream conversation' is going to pop up until you are engaged in it.

Now try to imagine you had a dream about 9/11 the night before it happened. How would you go about telling people? If you just started calling police departments and government, shouting "THE WTC IS GOING TO GET BLOWN UP", then there are two possibilities:

1. Nothing happens and someone probably will show up at your house thinking that your warning was actually a bomb threat.
2. The event does actually happen, and now someone shows up at your house because you're a prime suspect.

People will just tend not to listen. You're not going to get your voice heard by thousands of strangers, and even if you did, they would have probably laughed it up and gone off to work that day anyway. And law enforcement tends to ignore tips that come in the way of prophecies.

So in that sense, you're pretty much doomed to watch your dreams replay in the real world. You may be able to convince a friend not go get on a plane on a certain day, etc, but it would be very hard to spread the message to the masses.

[edit on 23-6-2006 by Yarcofin]

posted on Jun, 23 2006 @ 07:41 AM
link   
like the person advised above, it is not something you want to spread around. people like you are talking about, are not very welcome in a society where sheep follow the sheep. if i was you i would keep my mouth shut about things like this. just do your own thing and see how it works out, but remember keep your mouth quiet and try not to tell people things like this.

it is alright talking on the internet, but trust me from experience, these things can bring alot of trouble into your life.

[edit on 23-6-2006 by andy1033]

posted on Jun, 23 2006 @ 09:21 AM
link   
Yes, I realize that I already saw/heard or know about an incodent - but it very rarely happens to my own person, usualy they are all about other people or situations. Rearly a conversation other than a topic in general.

I kind of wonder about that actualy. If it is pretty normal as far as these things go - that they are always about someone or something else other than yourself.

posted on Jun, 23 2006 @ 10:17 AM
link   
So, Andy1033, are you saying that if i become aware at the correct time of the conversation or event, that i should just let it play out rather than try to steer it in a different direction through fear of some reprise!? whatever that may be. Should i just sit back and let destiny do its thing and not interfere no matter how meaningless the conversation or incident? But then as i said before, my intervention seemed to go un-noticed anyway. my thanx to everyone tho for their opinions on what seems to be quite a sensitive matter!

posted on Jun, 23 2006 @ 10:33 AM
link   
The only way to change the future is to see the future, and even then it's very difficult to change.

Most of the time, when the moment comes you know it's for the best so you let it happen. Otherwise, you might be able to change it, but only if it doesn't alter anyone's destiny. In my experience, only minor things that didn't really matter could be changed, but it took a lot of concentration to "deviate from the story" so to speak.

Yes I believe in destiny, but I also believe we wrote the story of our lives before we even came here, so it's really not so bad when you think about it that way. Just because we're not making choices now doesn't mean we didn't already make them!

posted on Jun, 23 2006 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by ParaNana
So, Andy1033, are you saying that if i become aware at the correct time of the conversation or event, that i should just let it play out rather than try to steer it in a different direction through fear of some reprise!? whatever that may be. Should i just sit back and let destiny do its thing and not interfere no matter how meaningless the conversation or incident? But then as i said before, my intervention seemed to go un-noticed anyway. my thanx to everyone tho for their opinions on what seems to be quite a sensitive matter!

no i don't mean on a personal level, i think on a personal level you can change it. i am not talking about a converstaion or little thing here. i am talking about the main moments in your life. we all have main moments in your lifes where we had to choose one way or the other. did you choose the way you went because you wanted to or just that was the way it was just meant to be.
if you change those moments, does the outcome in the end still happen, or can you really set yourself a new destiny.

i am not saying there will be a reprise i just think that some things are meant to happen in everyones life. these are things that will happen no matter what you do, but how these things can be played out differently if you choose to d it differently, but in the end you probably will end up with the same outcome.

posted on Jun, 24 2006 @ 02:29 AM
link   
I must say...i like your way of thinking Kruel. But its quite worrying to think that in theory...we have no control over our own lives and that its all pre-determined. Does anybody know where the idea of 'destiny' originated?

posted on Jun, 24 2006 @ 02:45 AM
link   
At best you may be able to postpone and event by tossing the "proverbial wrench in the gears", but if and event is truly destined to occur it will occur.

On the conscious level we "choose" our actions and inactions...others do the same...we are all connected in that, and what one does impacts another and so on...it's not an absolute "control"...even if we saw the future and were able to change an event that preceeded it...it would still find a way to play out as intended.

If you made a conscious choice to do absolutely nothing...something( or someone) would occur to force you to do something. That something could be the one leading up to a specific event or it could just one of millions of somethings...like a domino effect.

The destination is the same regardless of the path

top topics

join