It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Al Qaeda deputy hunted in Afghanistan

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2006 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Afghan President Hamid Karzai has announced that Ayman al-Zawahiri is the number one enemy of the Afghan people. President Karzai mentions that al-Zawahiri has been killing people in his country since before the USA came, and that he, al-Zawahiri is the major cause of destruction in Afghanistan. This statement comes after a recently released video of al-Zawahiri shows him urging students in Kabul to rise up and join the mujahideen forces in "freeing" the Muslim people. The video was posted on Wednesday evening.

edition.cnn.com
Al Qaeda deputy hunted in Afghanistan
Karzai calls al-Zawahiri 'first enemy of the Afghan people'

In his latest video, Ayman al-Zawahiri talks about "crimes against the Afghan people by the Americans."

(CNN) -- Afghan President Hamid Karzai denounced al Qaeda deputy Ayman al-Zawahiri on Thursday as the "cause of destruction" in his country. Al-Zawahiri, who leads al Qaeda along with Osama bin Laden, had been killing Afghans long before the 9/11 attacks and subsequent U.S.-led invasion, Karzai said.

"[Al-Zawahiri] first killed Afghans for years ... and then he went to America and destroyed the twin towers," Karzai said.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

One wonders how these people continue to function. If the US did kill Osama do you think they would mention it to the world? I would think that this would create a super martyr! I know that al-Zarqawi is dead now, and obviously we know about it, but I dont think that carries nearly enough weight, as say the announcement of the death of Osama. Also, once Bin-Laden is dead, then what? Is the War on Terror over? How exactly does this war end?

I wonder what the message will say? Will it be by Bin-Laden himself? Surely they will not be happy with the death of al-Zarqawi, even though there were reported power struggles between OBL and al-Zarqawi. Also, this message was not directed at all to the American people, a first I believe. There were no sub-titles in English, so perhaps they are changing there strategy, they have understood that the American people are not listening ( or have no power to act ) and so are now focusing only on the Muslim men of the middle-east.

I seriously doubt that most people in the middle-east will listen to this message and take up arms, but it only takes a few to change the world.

Other videos:

Related News Links:
abcnews.go.com
www.msnbc.msn.com

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 22/6/06 by eoyn]

[edit on 23-6-2006 by UM_Gazz]

posted on Jun, 24 2006 @ 05:44 AM
link   
You are right about it only taking a few to destroy everything.

posted on Jun, 26 2006 @ 06:30 AM
link   
The repurcussions for killin Bin Laden would be massive. I think we might be talking about nuclear suicide attacks, if they have them of course!

posted on Jun, 26 2006 @ 06:40 AM
link   
Research by yourselves, al-Zarqawi was already dead, so when they killed him, for a second time, he was already dead. So it's propaganda. And Karzai is an american puppet, that is clear to everyone I hope...

posted on Jun, 27 2006 @ 06:46 PM
link   
I dont know how offen Karzai speaks out about the criminals in Afganastan, but I hope it will help them be caught.
I supose that might depend on if the people want them to be caught or not.

join