It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

transporters, do they, will they ever exist

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2003 @ 12:20 PM
link   
okay, I'll be willing to bet that most everyone here has seen or heard of "beaming up" on star trek ?

what are your guys thoughts on this becoming a reality one day ?

I think it will happen. I don't have proof, but am going to start to investigate the idea and will let you know if I find anything... wish me luck.

thanks from the Newbie, just trying to fit in....

posted on Oct, 24 2003 @ 12:36 PM
link   
There have been a couple of experiments where physicists have transported a beam of light a short distance. I believe they used the principle of entanglement.

posted on Oct, 24 2003 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Well I don't believe everything I read, however I have read in several places that scientists have transported a proton, or some kind of molecule, some distance (about a mile or more I think), and they were just doing the tweaks and debugging before starting work on experimenting on a bigger scale.

Could be bull#, but if it's true it'll be interesting

posted on Oct, 24 2003 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Yeah, I think I read something like what you're talking about. A group of scientists successfully teleported a photon, but I don't remember the specifics. I do remember that the only way it was possible is if you were to destroy the original object, then have it "rematerialize" wherever you teleported it to. I highly doubt it would ever be able to be used to teleport humans for many reasons though. First, you do have to destroy the original, so who's to say that the copy will have the same thoughts as the original? Who knows though, 100 years from now we all may have teleportation machines in our homes

posted on Oct, 24 2003 @ 05:23 PM
link   
What happened to my post? I posted before chebob and now it's gone? I didn't say anything off topic. It didn't threaten any other member either!?!

posted on Oct, 24 2003 @ 05:24 PM
link   
that would be great if they can transport humans,,but i wouldnt do it!!!!

top topics

join