It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Secret Military Base on the Shores of Lake Ontario.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2006 @ 02:14 AM
link   
I remember on a sunny summer day, me and my parents were driving to Niagara Falls. But before we arrived there we drove along the Lakshore Road (87) in the st catherines area, from what i remmeber. While we drove down that road I remember noticing a field, and a gate with a sign "No Photography Permitted, No Tresspassing..." a typical government warning sign on a gated fence. It must have been a base of some sort and I didnt really see much just a field with the gate and the sign on it for a few hundred maybe kilometres.

Does anyone know of any such "hidden" secret bases in ontario? like this one that i saw on Lake Ontario. This happened maybe like 2 years ago, but since then i keep thinking about it, and wanting to go back there and find it again, but unfortunately I dont drive yet..
. I was just wondering if anyone knows about this place.

Or off any hidden bases in Ontario, other then the famous Camp X.

I also tried finding CFB Borden but had no luck, but my friend who is in the military has told me that the base did have some wierd things from what she had told me.

Ive lurked this forum for a while especially this one mainly about area 51, and im curious once again to know about the "base" that i might have found.

Thanks.

posted on Jun, 18 2006 @ 03:00 AM
link   
Sorry...

After searching on google maps i think I found this "base". And it says its of the Department of National Defense.
maps.google.ca...,-97.15369&sspn=39.679848,82.441406&q=niagara+valley&ie=UTF8&ll=43.254987,-79.105318&spn=0.010893,0. 020127&t=h&om=1

It looks pretty wierd with 2 big lakes that seem to be artifical. But why would Photography be prohibited if its all greenery and forests, like you can obviously see in the link.

But are there any secret bases in Ontario?

posted on Jul, 2 2006 @ 05:50 PM
link   
I am from the area and the only place I can think of that even remotely resembles what you are speaking of is towards Niagara on the Lake, off Lakeshore Road. it is actually a gun club which looks onto the lake, and there is a park entrance about 500 metres down the road from it.

Other than that Lakeshore road only had one other spot which has been transformed into a conservation area, but anyone is welcome to go in there and that is at the canal.

Next time I am down that way I will keep a better eye open but I would be interested to know if there are any secret bases anywhere in Ontario.

Cheers!

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 08:54 PM
link   
I know of an old army base located in hagersville , ontario . It isnt occupied by any military personelle any longer but all of the structures , cabins, hangers and airstrips are still preserved. It is some what of a buisness park now but has not changed much over the years. Bullets and holes can still be found in nearly every wall. If anyone is interested i can give details of the location and how to get there.

posted on Oct, 3 2016 @ 07:53 PM
link   
It is the Winona Range and Training Area for the Canadian Army. It is located approximately 4km west of the town of Grimsby, on the north side of the Queen Elizabeth Way.

The local reserve units use it as a training site and a rifle range. It belongs to the 4th Canadian Division, that is headquartered in Toronto Ontario.

www.army-armee.forces.gc.ca...

Hope this helps.

new topics

top topics

join