It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Pirate Bay strikes back

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2006 @ 04:44 PM
link   
After one of the biggest BT trackers in the world made a startlingly fast recovery after being raided and have their servers confiscated a few weeks ago, they have stepped it up and are now taunting the industries that tried to shut them down even more then before.

www.boingboing.net...

Boing Boing
Reverse DNS lookup on thepiratebay.org's IP yields:

hey.mpaa.and.apb.bite.my.shiny.metal.ass.thepiratebay.org"

Update: Rostok sends in more DNS funnies from ThePirateBay:

Name: same.tracker.same.place.come.get.me.roswall.thepiratebay.org
Address: 83.140.176.145

Name: hi.ponten.retractable.baton.sodomy.is.good.for.you.thepiratebay.org
Address: 83.140.176.147

Name: per.brumark.says.d.oh.its.back.thepiratebay.org
Address: 83.140.176.148

I'm loving every second of this fight.

The industries that tried to shut them down might have power over authorities that can even bypass court rulings and laws(which is their battle field on which they lost dearly), but one thing they stilll suck at, always did and probably, always will.

The industries never embraced the internet, lack in knowledge about the net, and picked a fight with, a group of people that know the internet inside out, on that very internet.

Its like humans starting an underwater war with Aliens that come from an ocean planet.

[edit on 16/6/06 by thematrix]

posted on Jun, 16 2006 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by thematrix

hey.mpaa.and.apb.bite.my.shiny.metal.ass.thepiratebay.org"

Update: Rostok sends in more DNS funnies from ThePirateBay:

Name: same.tracker.same.place.come.get.me.roswall.thepiratebay.org
Address: 83.140.176.145

Name: hi.ponten.retractable.baton.sodomy.is.good.for.you.thepiratebay.org
Address: 83.140.176.147

Name: per.brumark.says.d.oh.its.back.thepiratebay.org
Address: 83.140.176.148

BWHAHHAHA....

breathe.......

BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

posted on Jun, 18 2006 @ 01:38 PM
link   

So the site took a trip to the Netherlands, but we got so homesick we just couldnt take it. We had to go back to beautiful Sweden!

The big plan is to spread the site on different locations all over the world, so it will be faster and harder to take down. People and companies from various countries have already offered servers, bandwidth and money. It's almost as the site has it's own will (skynet anyone?) and it don't want to die!

We still have some trouble with those 404-torrents and the statistics. So just hang in there. If there are some troubles, we know about them. We have a nice list with various problems that we are checking of one by one. Since we do this on our free time (we all have regular day jobs you know) everything cant be done at once. But the aim is always to make this beast the biggest, strongest and coolest site for filesharing in the world!

So, The Pirate Bay is back home and will stay there with roundribbon mirrors of itself running all over the world.

Mirrors sponsored and cheaply offered by internet company's.

This is another thing to show how this site has the support of the Internet, even the legal company's on the web support them.

The MPAA and its sister organisations and the companies they represent around the world really should've stayed on their own turf to fight this.
They have no way of winning a battle on the web itself.

posted on Jun, 19 2006 @ 05:07 PM
link   
they will never stop the Pirate Bay. bittorrent traffic is impossible to track efficiently enough to dismantle such a massive network.

TPB is a glorious place, a frontier outpost in the information wars, and i am proud to stand behind them.

[edit on 19-6-2006 by The Parallelogram]

posted on Jun, 19 2006 @ 07:13 PM
link   
The only way they will win is by offering a superior product. Superior how you ask? Here is a list of my top gripes with Bittorrent in this day and age.

1. You gotta wait an hour after first Airing to start D/Ling it. MPAA Solution: Offer Legit, Adsupported FREE versions BEFORE it airs, while selling for a decent price, ad-free versions.

2. Quality is sometimes an issue. MPAA Solution: Offer variable quality downloads from 640x480 to 1440x900. Offer at Hi-def qualities too like 1080p.

3. Speed is sometimes amoebic. MPAA Solution: Offer Guanteed performance for Ad-Supported versions with a minimum of 400 KB/s. Paid-Ad Free version should have an even higher potential speed like say 1 MB/s. Not everyone right now can download at that rate, but the College and University crowd will be greatful.

I could go on and on and on, but why bother. It all makes perfect sense and you know that these MPAA shills don't see sense, even when it's staring them right in the face.

posted on Jun, 19 2006 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Sardion,
what makes you believe that those greedy people at the MPAA who already have ad-supported PAID content would ever agree to such a thing? Have you seen movies lately? Each one starts with an ad for future movies, then throughout the entire movie there are ads all over the place for everything from Soda to Cars and Motorcycles. They can have their cake and eat it too, they would never give anything away. With all the advertsing they install it should be that ticket and DVD prices should go down and instead they keep going up.

Pie

posted on Jun, 19 2006 @ 07:51 PM
link   

what makes you believe

I don't. You didn't read my whole post I gather.

I could go on and on and on, but why bother. It all makes perfect sense and you know that these MPAA shills don't see sense, even when it's staring them right in the face.

The fact is, the longer down this road they travel, the more likely it becomes that they will be made redundant by some young upstart trying to make Bittorrent Video content profitable. (here are some links to a couple attempts www.purepwnage.com... revision3.com... )

BTW The MPAA isn't just about movies, they represent a majority of the Television companies as well and was mostly aimed at that content(which is more popular nowadays then Movies)

FYI I don't go to non-Imax theatres. IMax is really where it's at. They only show a couple of commercials and a few previews, it costs a couple extra bucks and you get a screen 3-4 times larger then a regular screen. Plus, it's digital so no Analog decay happens.

[edit on 19-6-2006 by sardion2000]

top topics

join