It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

wich will you choose

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2006 @ 06:55 AM
link   
I'll probably be getting a 360. I love Microsoft games and with news that there'll be THREE japanese RPG's I can' resist.

Plus the master himself, Nobuo Uematsu, will be composing!

posted on Aug, 5 2006 @ 09:37 PM
link   
Already own the 360. I was impressed enough with how XBOX Live worked with the original that it was a no brainer for me to pick this one up. Plus, Ghost Recon is the shizzy.

I will be getting a Wii too. That thing gives me goose bumps with how much fun it looks. So, I'll have the 360 Wii combo.

I think Nintendo may be the big winner going for the offical "second console" title. They're marketing this as a compliment to the living room that may already have a PS3 or 360.

I'll end up getting a PS3 too because I'm a big douche and I have to own all three (like I did with the last generation), but I'll be in no rush. NOT going to pay 600 bucks for it either. When they drop it to 400, I'll pick it up.

-O

posted on Aug, 5 2006 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Big O
I'll end up getting a PS3 too because I'm a big douche and I have to own all three (like I did with the last generation), but I'll be in no rush. NOT going to pay 600 bucks for it either. When they drop it to 400, I'll pick it up.

-O

a true gamer

posted on Aug, 5 2006 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lysergic

Originally posted by The Big O

-O

a true gamer

Yup. I'm old school too...all the way back to the Atari 2600. I'm 28 and have been the the hgih points (Genesis/SNES days) the lows points (the great video game crash of 84) and the future (360/Wii).

-O

posted on Aug, 5 2006 @ 09:58 PM
link   
I was 4/5 yrs old(1985 or so) when I got my first taste of NES(had an atari before that but not many good games), then soon the first Sega, from there on it was sega/nintendo.

Faithful of both until the first 32 bit wars, in which I gave up on nintendo cause I hated controller designer for n64, don't get me wrong at first I was fiending for it.

But at the time it was Saturn, 3DO and finally I got a taste of the PSone. Sucks the way 3DO went under. Then I got the ps2, Dreamcast(lost all faith in sega) became a ps2 fan instantly, xbox was good, even had the gamecube but I prefered ps2, and of course got into PC gaming around 95/96... Diablo... man those where the day :p

[edit on 5-8-2006 by Lysergic]

posted on Aug, 5 2006 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lysergic
of course got into PC gaming around 95/96... Diablo... man those where the day :p

Never really got into the PC thing, mainly because I've never had PC that could keep up.

I played the hell out of Command and Conquer, think C&C Red Alert 2 is one of the finest RTSes ever made, loved loved loved Star Craft, and thought Diablo was okay.

My problem is that unlike consoles, which you only have to "upgrade" every five years or so, PC stuff required you to upgrade at least once a year to stay on the cutting edge. I just don't have the money for that, or the time. I get enough of my gaming with with the consoles and really aren't into the MMORG stuff.

I do love me some RTS though. Maybe when I get my Macbook Pro I'll mess around with some gaming on computer. I'll be booting into Windows on it when I need to and te Macbook Pros have decent graphics cards, so who knows. I guess I'll know more after WWDC on Monday. Jobs should say when they're going to put the new Core Duo 2 chips in, and I'm waiting to buy until those are in.

-O

posted on Aug, 5 2006 @ 10:44 PM
link   
I personally am sick of any MMOs.

If you like RTS, have you ever played any Total War Games?

Rome: Total War is by far my favorite RTS.

Medieval: Total War II will be coming out soon(tm)

www.totalwar.com...

top topics

<< 1   >>

join