It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

wich will you choose

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2006 @ 10:33 PM
link   
I was just wondering witch one of the three "next-gen" consels (360,Wii,PS3 youll be buying and why.For me i have only one choice and it is the Wii.ONe o the reasons I will choose this console is that the price is rumored to be much much less than the PS3 or the 360.The second reason is that SONY was doing well in my book befor the price and the game owner rights came up then they screwed up,and the 360 is just an x-box on RedBull.

So wich one of the three will you choose?

posted on Jun, 16 2006 @ 03:28 AM
link   
I will be buying a Wii, because they look awsome and its a totally new way to play games.

posted on Jun, 18 2006 @ 06:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by The_Result_was
i have only one choice and it is the Wii.ONe o the reasons I will choose this console is that the price is rumored to be much much less than the PS3 or the 360.

So wich one of the three will you choose?

You say this but... one of the reasons i chose to change to sony... for my ps2.. then to xbox360 was that n64 cheap bits were always breaking... Number one problem the analog stick of the n64 controllers drove me nuts... i went through about 6 of them... Plus the console had problems reading the cartridges after a while.... and the reset button got stuck.... So with a new technology like the Wii claims... plus it being so cheap i foresee.... plenty of breakage and it running down for its money.

posted on Jun, 18 2006 @ 07:04 AM
link   
I'll own them all within the next two years if all goes to plan

posted on Jun, 20 2006 @ 06:55 PM
link   
i'll get the wii first definently! then the ps3, when the price drops to something that's resonably sane. as of the moment, i have seen nothing yet that draws my intrest to the xbox360.

posted on Jun, 24 2006 @ 02:18 AM
link   
Definatly getting a Wii untill th PS3 drops down in price.

posted on Jun, 27 2006 @ 03:32 AM
link   
i already have an xbox 360

posted on Jul, 6 2006 @ 07:18 AM
link   
A Wii. The new way to play games is gonna be so much fun!

And the price is also a big factor... And I believe the Wii is gonna be a lot more sturdy that the N64, the GameCube surely was. So glad they fixed the control sticks..

posted on Jul, 6 2006 @ 10:02 AM
link   
I'm all over the Wii. I can't wait! Nintendo owns me.

posted on Jul, 6 2006 @ 10:09 AM
link   
I'll get a Wii for:

1) The decent price
2) Super Smash Brothers Brawl
3) Zelda
4) Interesting control

The PS3 looks better, but until it comes down in price, or I win the lottery, I won't be getting it. The Xbox 360 hasn't got a sniff of a chance, it's the sort of "in-between-gen" console the Dreamcast was.....without the Dreamcasts good games :shk:

[edit on 6-7-2006 by chebob]

posted on Jul, 6 2006 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii!

posted on Jul, 6 2006 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by chebob
I'll get a Wii for:

1) The decent price
2) Super Smash Brothers Brawl
3) Zelda
4) Interesting control

You listed all of the reasons that I would buy one as well. Zelda Zelda Zelda!!

To the poster above that was commenting on how the N64 games would eventually not read... you gotta remember when that happens, you are supposed to blow into the cartridge, and press the power+reset button at the same time, slowly move the game back and forth while still in the console, and if all else fails stick a Q-tip in every known area of the cartridge because you know it's that one speck of dust that you can't find!

The things I have done to get those games to play! I wonder if I actually spent more time playing or more time trying to get the games to work!

posted on Jul, 6 2006 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Oh yeah. I'll be honest, I probably spent more time trying to get the games to play than actually playing them on some nintendo games. But it was worth every second of it. I wouldn't trade a good nintendo game for anything.

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 03:02 PM
link   
can anybody tell me what it is about the wii catches your attention or anout any other consoul.

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 09:23 PM
link   

1. Good game line up (Zelda, Metroid, Mario)
  2. Affordable
  3. Innovative (motion controlled wii-mote)

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 09:52 PM
link   
I'm am getting the PS3 for sure despite the price and get Resistant Fall of Man with it to. But the Wii looks just as good. But knowing sony they probably force everyone to use the motion sensing on it. Even if a dumb but the devolpers will fine a way to make great use of it by 2007 cause after E3 they told everyone to fine a way to use it in the games, and recently game only can choose not to make major use of it.

posted on Aug, 1 2006 @ 01:25 PM
link   
I'm getting the PS3, im a dumb fnboy kid so my parents are buying the console making price a non-issue. I also think that the games ar emuch better alhtough i may buy a wii later on in the war just to see what its about.
The xbox 360 well to be honest ive player and finished the original Halo and fable and really cant be assed to play mor sequals.
But you cant forget the main reaosn final fantasy!!!!!
ON the nintendo system it beocmes chrystal chronicles whihc although good isnt really what final fntasy is great for, on the xbox well we all know what happens then but on the playstation it becomes the greatest game series ever.

posted on Aug, 4 2006 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Nintendo Wii looks like it will have the most to offer of all the systems. It may not have the best graphics, but its got the best potential for fun and unique games, with the new controlers and everything else they are adding.

Also it's the best cost wise as well. President of Nintendo said it won't cost more than $250, and games shouldn't exceed $50. That's very reasonable, in comparison to 600 dollar system and 60 to 70 dollar games of the PS3.

posted on Aug, 4 2006 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by The_Result_was
I was just wondering witch one of the three "next-gen" consels (360,Wii,PS3 youll be buying and why.

I will not be buying any of these game consoles, but rather using the time and money to meet women and arrange to have sex with them, instead. It's a lot more challenging and enjoyable than trying to get some little cartoon man to push a ball through a hoop or whatever. Thanks for asking though!

posted on Aug, 4 2006 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Enkido, your answer surprised me,,, LOL
I already have my console system, have had it for years actually.
You say to a woman "wanna see how we used to play video games?"
Then you break out the Atari 2600 with a laundry bin full of cartridges..... I love those games.
9.5 times out of 10 she will sit down and spend hours playing game after game, that's when you know for sure,,,,, you're gonna get some. Works for me!
I have 7 Atari 2600s, 2 Coleco Visions, and 1 original Pong. I only break out the Pong for "special" occasions.

"My" favorite, which I never share, is my Commodore 64. There's never been a game system quite like it.

Memory lane, whoda thunk it?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join