It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

EVP's.... how to record them

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2007 @ 08:48 PM
link   
reply to post by RickinVa

Hi Rick, If you like EVP check out Telephone to the Dead this link. These guys were on C2C last night and talked as though they had a direct, dependable connection to the dead. Tesla was mentioned. Think they claim to have a "Frank's Box" or something that is super sensitive and they have this special technique to talk with selected deseased personalitys etc., etc. Pretty entertaining stuff! I'm going to guess they are selling something there somewhere! I found the link to be slow but they may be overloaded with C2C listeners.

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 10:06 PM
link   
back to the front for those who need this

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 08:15 PM
link   
back to the front

some people will find this information useful

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Heya Rick, thanks for the useful info!

I had an idea... Has anyone tried using PZMs? I've heard that most EVPs are caught in the lower and higher frequencies, and if so I think a PZM would be much more suited for picking up those higher frequency "voices". Also mics that CAN pick up outside the human audible range would be better suited for this.

Also, has anyone had any luck slowing down/speeding up the playback to see if anything is there out of phase?

And thirdly, (this is a wild one!) is there anyone out there with a homemade Van de Graff generator or has access to one? If so, try doing an EVP session near the generator while it's charged up. I don't have one so I can't do the experiment myself.

God, I can think of all kinds of experiments to do with this stuff. Here's another... Power your recorder externally, (AC outlet). Connect the mic but allow the signal cord to cross the power cord, perpendicular. I know you'll get interference, maybe 60 cycle, but I wonder what would be picked up in between?

Just a few ideas.

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by RickinVa

I just started an EVP clean up thread

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I would like to ask permission to clean up your EVP's.

Read the beginning of the post, to see my credentials.

Regards!

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by rachel07

That is a class A catch, there also seems to be some reverb in the vocalization, are you in a room with many reflective surfaces? wood floors? If so, the implication would be quite impressive, that infrasound from the other plane actually reverberates at such a low frequency, that it still has the physical manifestations that we can account for on our plane (the reverb). Just a thought.

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 06:04 PM
link   
I've been working with evp research for the last several years. I've found that EVP can be captured with most recording devices. I've used camcorder audio, digital autio recorders, laptop with mcrophone set up and cell phone recorders. I find that dynamic microphones and electret microphones work the best. I've also used white noise, running water, television static (another form of white noise), and video feedback loops; as background. Here's a link to my web-blog on evp research and related topics if anyone is interested.

ttfparanormalresearch.wordpress.com...

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Flux8
Heya Rick, thanks for the useful info!

I had an idea... Has anyone tried using PZMs? I've heard that most EVPs are caught in the lower and higher frequencies, and if so I think a PZM would be much more suited for picking up those higher frequency "voices". Also mics that CAN pick up outside the human audible range would be better suited for this.

Also, has anyone had any luck slowing down/speeding up the playback to see if anything is there out of phase?

And thirdly, (this is a wild one!) is there anyone out there with a homemade Van de Graff generator or has access to one? If so, try doing an EVP session near the generator while it's charged up. I don't have one so I can't do the experiment myself.

God, I can think of all kinds of experiments to do with this stuff. Here's another... Power your recorder externally, (AC outlet). Connect the mic but allow the signal cord to cross the power cord, perpendicular. I know you'll get interference, maybe 60 cycle, but I wonder what would be picked up in between?

Just a few ideas.

Most condensor mics go up to 20khz. I don't know any that go higher. Your average adult can't hear above 15khz, kids and teenagers can hear way up there. I have what you call sonic ears and it sucks. I can hear dog whistles and plants cry when they are thirsty. I'm not familiar with pzm mics but I wager they don't get much higher. That said, I haven't heard many convincing evp's. Most of it is power of suggestion. But I've heard a few that are so crystal clear they make me wonder if they were faked. I really want to believe but until I get some solid indisputable proof I can only wish.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 12:00 AM
link   
Great clip and interesting thread. I've been searching out and doing some evp research over the last several years. great to see people discussing how to go out and do it!

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 11:17 PM
link   
wow,,, nice to see this thread again after so long

2nd line

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 11:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Seagurt

you always have my permission

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Do you want to assist us with a little EVP experiment? Want to conduct a paranormal experiment of your own? Here is a project we are starting. This project is a synthetic voice EVP session experiment using an online file source. These video files are especially made to assist persons new to the field, and for experts wanting to try something new. If you truly would like to conduct an experiment with us… please follow the link to my public experiment page! If you decide to swing by thanks!

EXPERIMENT FILES LOCATED AT:
minnesotapara.wordpress.com...

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 04:06 AM
link   
Just a few thoughts - what is it about the microphone which allows the sound to be picked up? All that is being done is sound is being picked up by the mic and converted from sound to electrical energy, so why do we need the mic - why not an arial instead or just a resistor instead of the mic?

Basically, what I am saying is that it must have something to do with the the mic or the electronic circuit so by cutting out the mic, we cut out any possibility of sound being picked up and leave just the electrical signal. Once we have an electrical signal, we can fine tune that circuit to pick up better electrical signals just like it was radio waves and from there we should be able to make a receiver.

Now... who is an electrical whizz-kid who knows about electronics? Not me I am afraid. I wish I was.

On a similar note to EVP, George de la Warr in the UK developed a camera which could capture photos in a similar way. These were mostly photos of organs in ill health I seem to remember.

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 07:20 PM
link   
I am retired now and soon I will be moving back to Kentucky.... I plan on taking a full time approach to recording EVP's and will hopefully have some to post soon!!!!

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join