It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Border Patrol angry with "Amnesty John" McCain

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2006 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Rank and file members of the US Border Patrol are increasingly upset with what they perceive as poor decisions and general inaction to the problems of illegal immigrants crossing our southern Border. In particular, they single out Sen. John McCain of Arizona, who they say holds an unrealistic approach to border enforcement. They also showed disapproval with Arizona governor Janet Napolitano, who recently vetoed a bill that would have allowed local police to arrest illegal immigrants for trespassing.

www.newsmax.com
With lawmakers from the House and Senate yet to reconcile their competing immigration bills and President Bush still touting a temporary worker program, some rank-and-file defenders of the border are lambasting the notion that deporting illegal aliens is impractical.

Local 2544 members serve on the front lines, and they are hopping mad with the administration and with some lawmakers in particular.

"We strongly oppose any attempts to reward illegal alien lawbreakers. We have risked our lives to keep them out of this country. The slick politicians can call it ?guest-worker' or ?earned legalization' all they want, but it's amnesty."

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

I cannot understand the actions of McCain and Napolitano, given that they represent one of the four border states with the biggest burden of stopping illegal immigration.

McCain in particular should realize that the paperwork and efforts required to support these "guest worker" proposals are totally unworkable. How can you prove or disprove a claim that an illegal immigrant has been in our country more than five years?

The voters in this country made the right decision when they soundly rejected McCain's bid to be president.

Related News Links:
www.washingtonpost.com

[edit on 21-6-2006 by UM_Gazz]

posted on Jun, 14 2006 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Yea I agree with you on this one. The 5 year things is completely BS since they were illegal and never documented to begin with. I also dont think McCain is fit for president, but this is the same person that feels about 99% of these people right now don't even deserve to be in office with there avoiding tactics of issues. For once I want a politican that addresses the issues after he/she gets elected.

new topics

join