It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Preparing the kids for a high surveillance society?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2006 @ 01:38 PM
link   
I read this today.

Schools fight fat with fingerprinting

Civil liberty groups are worried because pupils are being asked to pay for meals by scanning their fingerprints into a machine instead of using cash.

The scanning machine debits the cost of their food from their account and also stores information about any allergies, so that pupils can be alerted to foods they cannot eat. It can also give parents details of their child’s diet.

Several schools have started using fingerprinting identification for library books, but only Humphrey Perkins High School, in Leicestershire, has used it for meals.

Brinkburn School, in South Tyneside, announced yesterday that it was also installing a fingerprint recognition system, which it would start operating next month, and Derbyshire County Council said that it was piloting a similar scheme for five of its schools.

Sourcewww.timesonline.co.uk...

“We decided to go for fingerprint identification, or biometrics, instead of swipe cards because there is nothing to lose — everyone brings their finger to school.”

And it reminded me of this post.

The Conspiracy of Reality TV

What can i say that hasn’t already been said about this subject? Right before our eyes we see what many of us here have been against for so long being implicated in ways as not to alarm, and preparing our children for the general acceptance of a high surveillance society.

I don’t feel so angry anymore about it all, i know my anger is lost on the inevitable. But then maybe we still have some hope, i don’t know.

What i do know, what my common sense tells me is, that we as a western world have taken a wrong turn and are perilously on our way down the wrong path.

posted on Jun, 14 2006 @ 02:34 PM
link   
On the other hand, these sorts of advances, they're pretty much inevitable. We're all already 'complacent' with using multi-coloured peices of paper to purchase things, and what hope woudl a 'no paper money' movement in the past few hundred years have ever had?

I suspect that, regardless of any NWO conspiracy, the future is simply going to be one in which average life is closely monitored, accounted for, and tracked.

posted on Jun, 14 2006 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Indeed, but is it really necessary.

I would settle for swipe cards. Tagging ourselves has been ridiculed for years for many reasons. And it appears to be with all new security oriented tech concerning finance, there are always those that will find a way around it to get at what they should not, as has been recently discovered with the supposedly invincible chip and pin.

In the best interests of our future generations shouldn’t we be more wary of what we know about the risks of heading off down this treacherous road.

new topics

join