It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Symphony of Conspiracies and Why It's Important to be "Anti-American" (Op/Ed)

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2006 @ 02:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by niteboy82
Thinking about tears in the eyes during the Anthem, never had I had more tears in my eyes than I do these days upon hearing it. Its the one thing that always makes me remember my true identity as an American citizen, and patriot. It can bring us back before many terrible administrations, to remember the country that we love, and realize that it is as of yet, still not lost. I heard the Spanish version of the Anthem a few weeks ago, and it did the same. One thing I have noticed, whether the words are there, whether we can understand the words there, does not really matter. The soul of the piece is still there, and we can feel it.

I'm sorry to bum you guys out on this, but the National Anthem music isn't really genuine to America. It was stolen from the English Anthem. If you don't believe me, go listen to it. Same music, different words. I was seriously saddened by that when I heard it, but for me, it doesn't detract from my patriotism for my nation a single bit. I still stand strong for the very true values that make this nation great, and will stand in the face of adversity with my head held high, dying with a smile in my face knowing that I died for my country and my fellow Brothers and Sisters.

In God I Trust

TheBorg

posted on Jun, 19 2006 @ 05:29 AM
link   
TheBorg,

So! The Canadians stole theirs from Oh Christmas Tree Oh Christmas Tree!

LOL

I found this quote (don't know if anyone has mentioned it here)

"To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public." - Theodore Roosevelt

...and have made it my sig just to remind anyone that wants to insinuate I cannot criticize bad policies and still be American. In fact, if you say that to me, you'll be committing moral treason against me...Mr. Roosevelt said so.

[edit on 6-19-2006 by Valhall]

posted on Jun, 19 2006 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheBorg

I'm sorry to bum you guys out on this, but the National Anthem music isn't really genuine to America. It was stolen from the English Anthem...
TheBorg

Well, Borg, if you want to get technical about it, it was actually "stolen" from an old English drinking song often sung in pubs back in the day when you could do that and not have your manhood questioned.

I believe the songs you're thinking of are God Save the Queen and My Country, 'Tis of Thee (not the Anthem.)

Harte

new topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join