It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Airbus announces delay in A380 deliveries

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2006 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Airbus has announced that there will be a 6-7 month delay in A380 deliveries because of a "production" problem. The problem relates to wiring connections between slices of the fueselage. and on Airbus director indicated that "late fees" would be payed. EADS the parent company of Airbus also warned that there would be a 500 million Euro hit to operating profits per year from 2007-2010. Airbus still expect to deliver the first A380 to Singapore airlines before the end of 2006.

I wonder if the failed wing test is also one factor. having seen how much goes into the wiring of LCA's I know what a pain it would be to have to change out componets, but 6-7 months seems to be quite a bit of time even if they are rewinring an entire a/c.

Delay in A380 deliveries

posted on Jun, 13 2006 @ 04:04 PM
link   
I'm sure the wing modifications have got something to do with it as well as earlier weight issues, the cumulative effects of all these relatively minor niggles was expected to bring a delay of up to six months, but Airbus previously played it down. Now they have confirmed what everyone knew was happening.

posted on Jun, 13 2006 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Same deal as with the Boeing 787 stuff.

Leading edge tech is was and always will be a difficult SOB to get tied down from the off, so much so that it is a very rare achievement.

As we are seeing with these stories.

IMO the amazing thing is how they manage to tackle the problems (and they will) so quickly, the 'airline industry' will bi*ch and squeel for the late delivery fines and drive a slightly harder bargain but the end result will be that in a few years time they will end up flying the most incredibly efficient and capable planes yet seen.

new topics

join